Best defense (1 Viewer)

stupot07

Whilst I know we have thr best defense in terms of stats in the league, the reality is on current form (even excluding today) our defense isn't that great, our overall record looks good based on early season form.

First 20 games 12 conceded 0.6 goals per game, 10 cleansheets (50% cleansheets)

Last 20 games 26 conceded 1.3 goals per game, 5 cleansheets (25% cleansheets).

We've actually been quite leaky for a while now.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Otis

Whilst I know we have thr best defense in terms of stats in the league, the reality is on current form (even excluding today) our defense isn't that great, our overall record looks good based on early season form.

And looked incredibly slow today. Big worry.

pastythegreat

I've said to my mates (and in return been laughed at by my mates) all season that the stats of "Best defence" flatters massively.
We've had team after team come to the Ricoh all season, park 2 buses from minute1 and waste time from the start. Add to that, the poor quality strikers in this dreadful league and we look good (stats wise). As soon as a team runs at us we're suspect as fuck.
Look at FGR, Luton, Acrington, and most of all today. How easily did all of those teams simply pass the ball around out back 4 and we gifted them goals. I'm sick of people talking about how "good" our defence is and how many "clean sheets" Burge has kept.

Stats don't always show a full story! They can be very misleading if used solely without looking at the bigger picture.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread