Best CCFC atmosphere since???? (1 Viewer)

skybluelee

Many of the premiership games had far better atmosphere - the large away presence for big games made for a far better and intense experience.

Beating man utd 3-2
Draw with arsenal 2-2
Tottenham game we won 4-3
Thumping Aston villa on Boxing Day

All stand out in the memory .

4-3 wasn't in the Premiership.

As you would have pointed out if anybody else had made such a basic error.

letsallsingtogether

Half the fans were manure supporters have a word.

Must have been 10,000 man u fans at that game, OK half changed their minds the next day at work...

The atmosphere in the mid to late nineties was far greater.

Man utd beaten in the last minute vs Friday?

Behave yourself.

rupert_bear

Atmosphere ? It has to be one of three FA cup fifth round 2-1 victory v Sunderland with I believe to be over 60000 in the ground, the gates had been brought down and thousands got in free, then the Wolves second division match and the West Ham semi all three awesome matches and we won them all. Not sure if the Ricoh by design will ever emulate those games but Friday was the best so far at the stadium.

mds

Havnt been to many games at the Ricoh in all honesty, lots i remember at HR, couple of notables, the West Hame game already mentioned and WBA in the cup late 70`s 38k seriously rocking, and plenty of 90`s PL games with a great atmosphere, the WBA is one that really stands out for me!

Como

My memory is not good enough to comment on the 60's games.

Obviously the Man Utd game, I was not in my normal seat for that one.

The implication is that this is all about home games, I can think of a few away games as well. Staying up at Spurs.

letsallsingtogether

At the end of the Day we all have good memories of HR gutted when we moved but as usual we had no say in it.

Funny thing Football, the only leisure activity where they treat you like shit have no interest in how you feel yet we all keep going back.

HR has had many years to give us that feel good fix we needed from football its time we all did the same at the Ricoh.

Astute

There are two games that stand out for me.

The QF against Sheff Weds. Brilliant atmosphere all day. Spent the day drinking with the Sheffield lads. But you could feel the noise. Also the maddest time in any stadium. Couldn't move at times. And each time we scored I ended up somewhere different....although once I ended up crushed against a barrier. And to add to it was the feeling that our name was on the cup. To me it was a better atmosphere than the final.

My absolute top game at HR was against the baggies. Took my eldest two lads. It was one of them rare games that the whole ground seemed to be in full voice. And what a noise when we got the last minute winner. Well worth the approx 10 hour journey to get there. Both lads said it was the best atmosphere they have ever known and the eldest lad has been to a lot of Celtic games. They even joined in with all of our songs from start to finish of the game.

RoboCCFC90

Friday night was incredible, the atmosphere at the Ricoh was incredible, we all know attendances might not be that high on Saturday but if we can continue to generate that type of atmosphere no one will enjoy coming to the Ricoh..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evans1883

The atmosphere friday was as said , the best at the ricoh . But highfield road couldnbe a very intimidating place for teams to come when it was full , and we were much closer to the pitch which made it even louder i should imagine

italiahorse

Why can't people just live the moment.

Effectively those that slagged the Ricoh during the Sisu play for the Stadium appear to be dragging up HR to play down the Ricoh.

HR has gone, it's not coming back, we need to transfer our efforts into making the Ricoh 'our' ground. Unless you actually want Sisu to build and own a new ground.
Latest TF comments unfortunately will not help this effort as it feels as it is still temporary.

CCFC stadiums will never be owned by CCFC (the club) in the forseeable future.
All management parties now need to work towards CCFC having a favorable long term lease and access to revenue streams.

We all know that its a win win scenario for CCFC, the fans, Coventry Ratepayers, local businessess etc etc and hopefully Sisu.
Still do not know if Sisu want to get these at market rates or still have something more sinister as the plan.

Ashdown

The atmosphere in the mid to late nineties was far greater.

Man utd beaten in the last minute vs Friday?

Behave yourself.

You've just said it yourself 'Last Minute'.............Yes it was fantastic after we equalized and then got the winner but for much of the game it looked like we were going to lose. Friday was noisy for large spells for 2 hours.

Warwickhunt

City V Bristol City the Hutch scored both goals and we played out passing the ball to each other and sent Sunderland down the Cludgy

Last edited:

italiahorse

It was different for me because of the occasion.

My first match was the Wolves match in 1967 when I was 12 years of age. That many noisy people in one place was a first for me.
The Man U 3-2 win seemed normal to me until we scored the winner and then we all went mental.

But Friday almost bought me to tears as it was our return. I have never ever heard so much noise in a stadium as they came out.

lewys33

The only thing that let it down for me were the away fans. Dont get me wrong, 4-500 were going to be drowned out by 27,000 passionate Coventry fans because of the occasion. However I can't help but feel it would have been so much better with a team that would have brought upwards of 2k fans.

harvey098

Although the crowed wasn't as loud, the Preston JPT game stands out to me. Can't say anything rivalled Friday at the Ricoh though and I was there for the other two big gates. It wasn't just the numbers, there was just a general feeling of positivity on Friday that I've never felt before.

cov4theprem

For atmosphere I quite enjoyed Spurs away and Wimbledon away on the last days of the season when we needed to stay up.

Users who are viewing this thread