Best CCFC 11 - with a slight difference (1 Viewer)

AlansEyes

Saw this on Twitter so thought I'd share. What is your club's best 11 using only one player from any country?

I had a go and Marosi gets in due to using my picks for England, Sweden and Rep of Ireland elsewhere. Also had to put Roland on the right side of a back three due to our questionable history of defenders. Mo gets in despite me never really rating him. Here goes...

GK Marosi (Slovakia)
CB Konjic (Bosnia)
CB Page (Wales)
CB Nilsson (Sweden)
MID McAllister (Scotland)
MID Boateng (Holland)
MID Gunnarsson (Iceland)
MID Hadji (Morocco)
ST Ndlovu (Zimbabwe)
ST Dublin (England)
ST Keane (Rep of Ireland)

I have no idea how this formation would work. Maybe McAllister, Boateng and Gunnarsson playing deep to allow Hadji and the front three to cause havoc further up the pitch.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Marosi (SLO)
Nilsson (SWE) Konjic (BOS) Clements (NIR)
Boateng (NED) Yorath (WAL)
Ndlovu (ZIM) Hadji (MOR) Hutchison (SCO)
Dublin (ENG) Keane (ROI)​

Lightening (RSA), Bruck (GER), Jones (USA), Roussel (BEL), Jorgensen (FAR), Gunnarson (ICE), Aloisi (AUS)

Last edited:

AlansEyes

I think it’s a problem as two of the worst centre backs we’ve had are in your team
Defence was a tricky part of the team to sort out! I realised that over the years we haven't really had many decent defenders...even fewer who weren't from countries used elsewhere in the team. I couldn't leave Dion and Keane out, so we suffered elsewhere!

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I think it’s a problem as two of the worst centre backs we’ve had are in your team

But that's going to be the case as you tend to get defenders from the home nations/Ireland, esp at our standard. But there's players from the home nations in other positions I'm not prepared to drop for other defenders. For example Babb, but I'm not losing Keane.

Grendel

Defence was a tricky part of the team to sort out! I realised that over the years we haven't really had many decent defenders...even fewer who weren't from countries used elsewhere in the team. I couldn't leave Dion and Keane out, so we suffered elsewhere!

Gillespie and forsake Mccalister for Yorath and there must be some other option.

AlansEyes

Gillespie and forsake Mccalister for Yorath and there must be some other option.
One thing I should have said is that I've only gone for players that I've seen in my time of watching (since 1992). We've had some bloody awful defenders since then!

Grendel

One thing I should have said is that I've only gone for players that I've seen in my time of watching (since 1992). We've had some bloody awful defenders since then!

Garry Gillespie was a really good defender probably one if the best we’ve had in the top flight - him and Babb are the best I’d guess

AlansEyes

Yeah, heard great things about him - tbf he could qualify for my team as I did see him very briefly when he came back in the 90s but think he was well past his best by then (understandably as he must have been well into his mid 30s). Big fan of Babb but I've got to keep Keane in there. Maybe Dion could drop back into defence!

clint van damme

Garry Gillespie was a really good defender probably one if the best we’ve had in the top flight - him and Babb are the best I’d guess

Have we had another player who's had as much success after leaving us as him?
The only one I can think of who got anywhere near was Dennis Mortimer

Blind-Faith

Hedman Sweden
Fox Scotland
Keogh Ireland
Dann England
Konjic Bosnia
Boateng Holland
Gunnarson Iceland
Hadji Morocco
Delorge Belgium
Moldovan Romania
Hartson Wales

subs
Hyldgaard Denmark
Bunce New Zealand
Norman Norway
Gadzhev Bulgaria
Suffo Cameroon

Terry_dactyl

GK Marosi (Slovakia)
RB Nilsson (Sweden)
LB Jarni (Croatia)
CM Perdomo (Uruguay)
CB Genaux (Belgium)
CB Gillespie (Scotland)
CM Boateng (Holland)
RM Moldovan (Romania)
LM Hadji (Morocco)
CF Dublin (England)
CF Keane (Ireland)

Sub Hyldgaard (Denmark)
Sub Gunnarson (Iceland)
Sub Hartson (Wales)
Sub Wegerle (USA)
Sub Ndlovu (Zimbabwe)

I’m going for it. We have an embarrassment of riches up top!

AlansEyes

GK Marosi (Slovakia)
RB Nilsson (Sweden)
LB Jarni (Croatia)
CM Perdomo (Uruguay)
CB Genaux (Belgium)
CB Gillespie (Scotland)
CM Boateng (Holland)
RM Moldovan (Romania)
LM Hadji (Morocco)
CF Dublin (England)
CF Keane (Ireland)

Sub Hyldgaard (Denmark)
Sub Gunnarson (Iceland)
Sub Hartson (Wales)
Sub Wegerle (USA)
Sub Ndlovu (Zimbabwe)

I’m going for it. We have an embarrassment of riches up top!
Jarni is a great shout!

Grendel

Filan is a much better keeper than Marosi

Grendel

Gynnsthetonic

Had a mare if I remember correctly
Didn't he get sent off at Leicester 1994?
That was an interesting night, 8 of us went in 2 cars but only 3 of us came back. One got nicked, one got lost and 3 got chased and got a kick in, no Mobile phones, remember driving around Filbert St for an hour trying to find them, they got taxis home! The good old days!!!!

Last edited:

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Marosi (SLO)
Nilsson (SWE) Konjic (BOS) Clements (NIR)
Boateng (NED) Yorath (WAL)
Ndlovu (ZIM) Hadji (MOR) Hutchison (SCO)
Dublin (ENG) Keane (ROI)​

Lightening (RSA), Bruck (GER), Jones (USA), Roussel (BEL), Jorgensen (FAR), Gunnarson (ICE), Aloisi (AUS)

Completely forgot Jarni. He's in ahead of Clements. Oh, and I'm putting Kasper Schmeichel in goal.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

GK - Rafaele Nuzzo - Italy
RB - Mikkel Bitchtits - Denmark
LB - Steve Staunton - ROI
CB - Alex Evtushok - Ukraine
CB - Arjan De Zeeum - Netherlands
RM - Laurent Delorge - Belgium
CM - Gael Bigirimana - Burundi
CM - Tim Sherwood - England
LM - Michael McIndoe - Scotland
FC - Aiyegbeni Yakubu - Nigeria
FC - Kyle Lightbourne - Bermuda?

AStonesThrow

While we have no international caps can we count second nationalities? Like Dabo (Sierra Leone), Hiwula (Angola), Jodi Jones (Malta). Not saying these specifically for the team, just examples

Users who are viewing this thread