Best away game left? (1 Viewer)

aodea

Hey,

im an irish based Coventry Fan. Go over to home games three or four times a year but this year have refused as dont want to go to Northampton for obvious reasons.

I take the missus on one trip each year and cant make arsenal in a few weeks so was looking at alternatives as London would have been handy.

there is Notts county away? any thoughts whats ground like? Will many Cov fans travel?

Also Tranmere away. stay in Liverpool always good but have been to Liverpool a lot.

Brentford? how much hassel is it getting to Brentford from London city center?

Or is thier any im missing that would stand out?

ricohman

Where in Ireland are you located, I'm from belfast myself and would like to join up with a few supporters

aodea

Leyton Orient if you want London.
Also the Olympic park is near there.

Bristol if you have a few days.

Think the Orient game is mid week which would be a nightmare for work. if it was weekend would be an option.

So Bristol is ok? would probably have a few days alright. Ground near the center of town?

Spagbol

For me it would be the county game, easy to Get to. A big following by the SBA, all the hallmarks of a classic with city finally breaking into the top 6!!

H

Huckerby

Alright buddy.

I think Notts County away is the next BIG one. Its only an hour away and got great nightlife too, nice bars (hooters too a stones throw from the county ground although your missus probably wouldn't approve!). I think a lot of fans will travel for it, and they will give us a big allocation and they also can't get a win to save their life this season so should be in with a shot of having a happy journey home!

As a city aswell the city centre is great, lots of nice restaurants and shops, some cool sights to see (the caves, and the pitcher and piano is a church converted into a bar!).

Hope this helps

M&B Stand

Anything after Preston, as long we're doing well, will be good.
Looking forward to Brentford. Standing behind the goal. Don't think we get many. 1800 if we're up there around the play offs in March will be nowhere near enough.

Hobo

If your missus isn't a football fan and needs distracting while you go to the game I'd say:
Nottingham, Bristol, Liverpool (Tranmere) are your best destinations.

Have a good trip.

Ashdown1

Notts County has to be the next major 'show'.........after Arsenal I suppose for those who fancy the Capital run again !

aodea

Thanks lads, guess it will be Nottingham for this year and hopefully a play off trip as well. stay a few days. She is mad into her Poker so maybe a trip to Dusk till dawn card club as well suits me down to the ground.

Loving the team on the pitch this year, just off the pitch is the problems.

Joy Division

If your going with the missus I reckon Bristol City is the best bet. Really nice place to spend a weekend.

pusbccfc

Sheffield United, Notts County,Brentford all decent away games.

AndreasB

Sixfields is forty minutes from either Birmingham or Luton Airport. its where all the "outsiders" go apparently

jimmyhillsfanclub

Why not wait until Oldham right at the business end of the season......proper old fashioned ground & you can take the Mrs. out in Manc land over the weekend.

....and as the game is in april, it may just be above 0°C at boundary park by then....

Sterling Archer

Bristol has a decent city centre but the football ground is in the arsehole of the City.

Is there still a hooters in Nottingham? I'm sure your better half would appreciate some chicken wings from there?

skybluejelly

Anything after Preston, as long we're doing well, will be good.
Looking forward to Brentford. Standing behind the goal. Don't think we get many. 1800 if we're up there around the play offs in March will be nowhere near enough.

the other good thing about Brentford was I was back home in an 70 minutes last year

skybluenorth

Sheffield United last game of the season, you never know we may need something there for play offs ( image of me praying) and Sheffield is a great city to visit.

Users who are viewing this thread