Best away fans at the Ricoh ? (1 Viewer)

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I think Sunderland fans fell into shocked silence the second they got to their seats, looked up and saw an enlarged Jimmy Hill's face staring right back at them from the North Stand.

Shame we're not a Scottish club. Then at the bars in the mall you'd have all the beer servers asking ''What can I do for you, Jimmy'? And ''What about you Jimmy, what would you like'? 'That'll be £6.50, Jimmy'. 'Thanks, Jimmy'.
You forgot the " see you Jimmy "

giphy.gif

SlowerThanPlatt

Millwall. Never had huge numbers like some of the other clubs mentioned but they were always loud and lairy, helps their away support is mostly full of ‘lads’ rather than families

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Sheffield Wednesday fans a midweek game if I remember correctly may have been a draw was the loudest I remember at the Ricoh!

D

Deleted member 4439

Thought that bizarre piece on Coventry Live must have been written by the Sunderland correspondent. Not meaning to drag out the Sunderland hate but honestly was surprised at how quiet they were for large periods of the game, In fairness, the long travel and early KO wouldn't have allowed time to get a full compliment of fuel on board.

rob9872

A few mentions for Wednesday that I agree with, also Palace were decent when they had their big annual away day that they did when both in the Championship so a few years back now.

scottccfc

i have to give sheff weds another shout, the atmosphere before during and after the game the year after 2 of their supporters died was immense

Terry Gibson's perm

There was a Sunderland idiot on talksport today talking about the noise they made on Saturday I thought they were very quiet until they scored and saying how they filled behind the goal and that nobody was behind the other goal

Essexrobbie

There was a reporter guy on talk sport this afternoon, who also is a sunderland fan saying that they completely out sung the Cov support on Saturday. I nearly crashed my lorry laughing.

clint van damme

There was a reporter guy on talk sport this afternoon, who also is a sunderland fan saying that they completely out sung the Cov support on Saturday. I nearly crashed my lorry laughing.

What absolute bullshit. They were quiet as fuck. Gave them the benefit of the doubt as it was an early kick off but now I'm attributing it to them been a bunch of wankers

Nick

Administrator
Sunderland were pretty quiet, noisy when they scored but thats about it.

Lincoln were noisier.

no_loyalty

Good support from Pompey tonight, granted it's a lot easier for everyone to sing when you're 1-up.

Made a fair amount of noise, but the majority of the songs they sang were shite, sounded more like a brass band playing.

pusbccfc

Made a fair amount of noise, but the majority of the songs they sang were shite, sounded more like a brass band playing.

Yep, typical generic songs. I don't think they sing a song that another club hasn't invented.

We're lucky to have Play up Sky Blues.

Sky Blue Harry H

Pompey fans were good. Our fans were really flat, except for a bit towards the end.

D

Deleted member 4439

Yep, typical generic songs. I don't think they sing a song that another club hasn't invented.

We're lucky to have Play up Sky Blues.

Thought we stole ours from Berkshire?....

pusbccfc

Thought we stole ours from Berkshire?....

Not the point I'm getting at.

PUSB is a to a tune no one else uses and has lyrics totally different to others. There aren't many clubs like it who use a unique song. Norwich 'on the ball' and Birmingham 'Keep Right on' are unique examples.

Chelsea and Arsenal are the worst for it. They do not have a proper club anthem and all their songs are generic.

Ashdown

Portsmouth fans were good in number and voice for a midweek match. The crowd would have been pitiful without them !

D

Deleted member 4439

Not the point I'm getting at.

PUSB is a to a tune no one else uses and has lyrics totally different to others. There aren't many clubs like it who use a unique song. Norwich 'on the ball' and Birmingham 'Keep Right on' are unique examples.

Chelsea and Arsenal are the worst for it. They do not have a proper club anthem and all their songs are generic.

Yes, I understood. Are Norwich and Brum like us: everyone joins in on the first verse but can't be asked about the second?

pusbccfc

Yes, I understood. Are Norwich and Brum like us: everyone joins in on the first verse but can't be asked about the second?

The opposite to be fair. The one criticism I have of PUSB is the lack of a loud part towards the end. Keep right on, Delilah (Stoke), Marching on together etc all have loud parts throughout.
PUSB starts off well and dwindles.

The Great Eastern

Anybody know what the Liverpool song is where most of the Kop joins in with, 'Oh I am a Liverpudlian....' then the chant dies out to just a small percentage singing it. Before the glory line, not that many singing it either.

Users who are viewing this thread