Ben Wilson (1 Viewer)

larry_david

Oh yeah when I say the Jersey is Wilsons I mean for now. Camp has to wait, earn it

BornSlippySkyBlue

Yep, and enabled us to play the same way, with nice kicking, wheras they didnt trust their keeper and had all sorts of problems.
Interesting you say about the trust in the keeper, I got the feeling a lot of it goes back to the spirit in the dressing room that the players often talk about in interviews. They genuinely wanted him to do well, they will have been aware of the social media reaction and known a lot of fans had written him off. In fact they all seemed to put in a collective shift for each other today. We all thought it an interesting line up, but to a man they worked their nuts off and it started at the back. You could see how pissed off Wilson was with that penalty decision.

Thought he had a very good game, agree he needs to show a bit of consistency and then the shirt is there to be won back. Don’t want to get carried away though, he’s bound to make mistakes at some point, but promising start.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I wasn't aware that he was considered superior on the deck and that does surprise me given how comfortable Marosi is.

I don't think he is, but he won't mess about with it determined to play it short even if it's not there. If he has to put his foot through it he will. Marosi will get himself into trouble at times looking for that short pass. Marosi's more comfortable with it, but maybe at times a little too comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread