Video Ben Wilson signs new Sky Blues contract | "I am absolutely BUZZING to get it over the line!" (3 Viewers)

Bugsy

Congratulations Ben, seems like a nice honest genuine guy fair play

Edit: just to add aswell, the lad loves playing for us seems a good character to have not just on the pitch but outside it aswell and in this ugly modern football world loyalty is rare.
......PUSB

Last edited:

slowpoke

I think Ben Wilson has proved to be better than a lot gave him credit for, has quiet a few blank sheets to his name, and part of a mean defence, still think Robins will bring in another in the summer so we’ll see which one is number one.

slowpoke

King really is making a difference - forget Gyokeres or Hamer let’s get the important one done first

What next - Kelly for another 2 years?
What next - Kelly for another 2 years?
[/QUOTE]
Kelly is coaching now & again at academy maybe that’s the way he goes,33 next birthday and imo never really recovered from his knee injury when he collided with a that goal post.

Covkid1968#

Come on guys…He’s not let us down very often. Is good to have around the camp and just a really decent lad who wants to be at the club. I’m really pleased for him…well done Ben.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I'm not happy he's buzzing about things going over the line.

Or maybe he's not being contracted as a player but as goalline technology.

Grendel

Come on guys…He’s not let us down very often. Is good to have around the camp and just a really decent lad who wants to be at the club. I’m really pleased for him…well done Ben.

he’s not Sky Blue Sam - to be honest he’d probably be a better keeper

Covkid1968#

he’s not Sky Blue Sam - to be honest he’d probably be a better keeper
😂😂. Really harsh Grendel…He’s a decent keeper who as we progress will be a good number 2

fatso

Makes sense if Moore gets moved on and Wilson goes back to being a bench warmer. Gives us the chance to bring in a decent stopper before next season.

Bugsy

Let's hope players don't take too much notice of this forum.

I find it abit embarrassing that the club whom some ment to support slags off the players. But each to their own I guess. Just got to ignore the ignorance

aloisijohnnyaloisi

It feels like people are still judging him on the goalkeeper he was when he first signed, but I think he's come on a long way since then.

Assuming we upgrade on Moore in the summer, Wilson will be more than adequate as back up or even challenging for #1, seems to have a very positive impact on the dressing room, and it means we have one less place to try to fill this summer.

Very well deserved I think.

Skyblueweeman

I find it abit embarrassing that the club whom some ment to support slags off the players. But each to their own I guess. Just got to ignore the ignorance

Yeah, there's some on here that take joy in berating our players. It's just weird. Not as good as Sky Blue Sam FFS.

Do you know what...I'm done. I'm done with the negativity. Its not good for people's mental health.

Laters.

Bugsy

Don't blame u mate, that's what I've done recently, abit of distance and self preservation it's a wonderful world out there.

Take time weeman, all the best
PUSB

Greggs

Should have just given Burge an 12 year deal a few years back and we would be better off. Baffling decision.

Josh 'the injury' Eccles and Ben 'I look nervous at work' Wilson should be turning out for teams like Shrewsbury and Bristol Rovers.

I look forward to the £500 season tickets next year......

SBT

It feels like people are still judging him on the goalkeeper he was when he first signed, but I think he's come on a long way since then.

Assuming we upgrade on Moore in the summer, Wilson will be more than adequate as back up or even challenging for #1, seems to have a very positive impact on the dressing room, and it means we have one less place to try to fill this summer.

Very well deserved I think.
If the best argument for giving someone a new contract is ‘Hopefully we sign someone better soon and he doesn’t have to play’, then it’s probably not a great decision to re-sign them.

baldy

Wilson should spend more time focussing on his goalkeeping & less on trying to be the club ‘comedian’

Covkid1968#

He certainly is number 2
I don’t get the negativity…. He has contributed to a decent number of clean sheets. Every keeper has a mistake in them…. He’s a solid squad member for our current level.

shmmeee

I don’t get the negativity…. He has contributed to a decent number of clean sheets. Every keeper has a mistake in them…. He’s a solid squad member for our current level.

He be puts us under pressure with his distribution, he consistently has below 50% pass completion. His inability to come off his line or claim crosses drags the whole team ten yards back. And he’s quiet as a mouse.

Clean sheets are down to the team setup which is designed essentially to stop any decent shots coming through.

Ultimately he’s a L1 keeper at best and like Allen and Kelly he’s holding us back from moving to the next level.

Really it’s less about him per se and more about what this means for the squad progression over the next two seasons. We’d only resign him if we aren’t going to sign another keeper. Which as it’s probably our number one requirement doesn’t bode well for the summer window.

slowpoke

He be puts us under pressure with his distribution, he consistently has below 50% pass completion. His inability to come off his line or claim crosses drags the whole team ten yards back. And he’s quiet as a mouse.

Clean sheets are down to the team setup which is designed essentially to stop any decent shots coming through.

Ultimately he’s a L1 keeper at best and like Allen and Kelly he’s holding us back from moving to the next level.

Really it’s less about him per se and more about what this means for the squad progression over the next two seasons. We’d only resign him if we aren’t going to sign another keeper. Which as it’s probably our number one requirement doesn’t bode well for the summer window.
Goalkeepers are an expensive item, certain to me we will recruit one in the summer and Simon Moore will move on, one of the younger ones, Luke Bell is highly thought of but only
18 so needs time to develop.
How you think Ben Wilson signing a two year contract extension could affect other signings is baffling.

Users who are viewing this thread