Ben Turner (1 Viewer)

Regis87

Norwich fans seem to think they are signing Ben Turner !

Regis87

From a couple of Norwich fans I have been working with last week , they also reckon there is talk in Norwich of Gunnarson going there as well

rob9872

If we get good money then we have options. Be disappointed to see him leave but if we can keep Marlon and invest anything we get then he's only a centre back and we have some decent ones. Don't mind either way tbh as long as he isn't sold on the cheap. £2.5m+ and I think they can have him

kg82

I wouldn't worry too much, the promoted clubs are going to be linked with lots and lots of players. I'd actually heard the Gunnar one as well (would we get compo even if he's out of contract?).

rob9872

We get compo for his age as long as he stays in England. If he goes to Germany as reported or even Scotland then we get nothing

kg82

We get compo for his age as long as he stays in England. If he goes to Germany as reported or even Scotland then we get nothing

Yeah, knew it was as long as he stayed in England, I just wasn't sure we were entitled to it. Thought we were but cheers for confirming it!

CovScott88

If they're interested, then they need to lodge a serious bid. I would say he is worth a minimum of 3m (Remember he was statistically the best player in the league before his injury), but I have a feeling that if they offered 1m+ then we would be forced into accepting it.
If you look at other centre-halfs in the league that are attracting interest, with the prices they are being touted at, we need to stay firm and only accept bids that are worthy of his quality. If the likes of Sean St Ledger (Quoted at 1.5m), Jack Hobbs (Quoted at 2m), Sol Bamba (Quoted at 3m), Andre Bikey (Quoted at 4m), Matt Mills (Quoted at 3.5m) are only available for their quoted prices, then surely we can expect to get around about that for Ben?
I know we aren't in the best financial position compared to the Reading's, Burnley's, Leicester's and Hull's of this league, but we should be able to at least hold out for a good fee. Maybe? Or am I being too optimistic?

ajsccfc

Incidentally, there still appears to be no talk amongst Norwich fans online. Woodgate, Klose, Defoe, Hargraves, Roger Johnson and Bentley are mentioned, but nothing about big Ben.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I doubt anyone would buy him until he has proven his fitness...... It was a serious injury and until he comes back fit and able to play he doesnt have a value

TommyAtkins

There is a lot of chatter on footballl-rumours.co.uk about Turner but no serious links with any other club. One of the reasons Turner signed a new contract was because his agent reported no interest in him.
Norwich have confirmed interest in Clingan, Cranie and Clive Platt - Platt was a loan deal designed to bolster the Norwich squad in the run in to the end of the season because Lambert had worked with Platt before. That is unlikely to be repeated now Norwich achieved promotion.
Likewise, Norwich may decide that they can do better than Clingan and Cranie

ajsccfc

Never pay attention to footballl-rumours.co.uk. Anyone can send in anything and it'll be published, including teams being linked with players they already own to replace players they've never had.

It's a festering pit of idiocy.

Users who are viewing this thread