Ben turner (1 Viewer)

valiant15

Anybody watching the cardiff v vile game?

The guys been a rock.

Wasn't he another member of the infamous 'spine' that was sold on?

jesus-wept

Undisclosed fee,, Ray Ranson sorted out Cardiff's transfers in those days

wingy

Allegedly £750K.

Glad to hear he's playing well ,I was always a fan of his and recently thought when he's been on the box he may have been struggling a bit for confidence and his game had slipped.

Remember the Cup final V Liverpool last year where played Suarez out of the Game and Scored the equaliser ,towering International class performance ,then Kenny Miller let them down on 89 Skying one when clean through ,but for that Big Ben would be In possession of a winners Medal.

valiant15

Allegedly £750K.

Glad to hear he's playing well ,I was always a fan of his and recently thought when he's been on the box he may have been struggling a bit for confidence and his game had slipped.

Remember the Cup final V Liverpool last year where played Suarez out of the Game and Scored the equaliser ,towering International class performance ,then Kenny Miller let them down on 89 Skying one when clean through ,but for that Big Ben would be In possession of a winners Medal.

Wingy, wasnt it turner who cocked up in the league cup against west ham under dowie?

Sbarcher

Man of the Match.

wingy

Wingy, wasnt it turner who cocked up in the league cup against west ham under dowie?

I still say It was Carlton Cole who Fouled him ,he was 19 at the time or even younger.

The following year Scott Dann let us down when he let Drogba through IIRC ,we always get let down valliant.

One thing Is for sure Aidy Boothroyd gave him his wings and he soared.

Last edited:

torchomatic

torchomatic

Proves I know nothing about nothing. I thought he was poor most of the time in a City shirt.

torchomatic

ccfcway

It was undisclosed so how do you know it was "ridiculously low"?

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/coventry-city-fc/coventry-city-fc-news/2011/09/05/coventry-city-have-the-class-to-stay-up-say-ben-turner-92746-29364762/

“It was just one of those things where the club came to me and said ‘a bid had been put forward’ and obviously, when a bid is accepted you have options but you don’t have that many in reality because it means the club want you to go,” he said.

“If the people at the top have accepted an amount of money for you then it is probably best to move on because if you stay you are only going to be upsetting those people.

"Whether that’s right or wrong, that’s the way it is.”

Turner’s £750,000 plus switch, coupled with a sell-on fee from Birmingham’s sale of Scott Dann to Blackburn Rovers, enable City to balance their books enough to keep hold of other high profile players on transfer deadline day this week.

“I don’t really have an in-depth understanding of running the club but it seems at the minute that Coventry are having to sell players and make cuts rather than reinvest,” he said.

“If the money is not there it’s not there and that’s not a criticism of anyone.

"But to go forward you need people putting money into the club and hopefully that will happen there.

“Hopefully Coventry will keep what they have got now and move forward because it would be a shame if they lose too many players and jeopardise their status as a club.

"You need to keep as many players as you can in this league and build around them, but I have no doubt there is enough quality there to put a good run together.

wingy

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/coventry-city-fc/coventry-city-fc-news/2011/09/05/coventry-city-have-the-class-to-stay-up-say-ben-turner-92746-29364762/

“It was just one of those things where the club came to me and said ‘a bid had been put forward’ and obviously, when a bid is accepted you have options but you don’t have that many in reality because it means the club want you to go,” he said.

“If the people at the top have accepted an amount of money for you then it is probably best to move on because if you stay you are only going to be upsetting those people.

Turner’s £750,000 plus switch, coupled with a sell-on fee from Birmingham’s sale of Scott Dann to Blackburn Rovers, enable City to balance their books enough to keep hold of other high profile players on transfer deadline day this week.

“I don’t really have an in-depth understanding of running the club but it seems at the minute that Coventry are having to sell players and make cuts rather than reinvest,” he said.

"But to go forward you need people putting money into the club and hopefully that will happen there.

“Hopefully Coventry will keep what they have got now and move forward because it would be a shame if they lose too many players and jeopardise their status as a club.

"You need to keep as many players as you can in this league and build around them, but I have no doubt there is enough quality there to put a good run together.

Revealing Insightful interview to the goings on around him .

SkyBlue_Bear83

Terrible by the sounds of it, could have made the difference for us that season. I understand when a player tries to force a move through like Clarke but that was just poor, not surprised though as Duleiu was chairman at the time. One of SISUs biggest mistakes in their time was employing Duleiu, he just made any situation 100x worse. Looking back it was so bad that I'd suspect he was doing it on purpose

torchomatic

Undisclosed according to the BBC. I guess it depends if you believe the BBC or the CT.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/14716779

Grendel

I imagine it must have been higher than the £500k that we spent Cody with the proceeds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Also Thorn said Keogh and Cranie were his centre halves for the season so he would hardly have played all season

jesus-wept

Doesn't really matter if the fee was disclosed or undisclosed the football team saw none of it that's for sure

aodea

Thought he was fantastic last night. won everything in the air and made some great interceptions. Always like Dann more but bout were excellent. We would have some squad if we could hold on to players.

Hobo

Turner has developed into a very good player. He was still developing at City. There were many who were over critical of his abilities and expected too much too soon.

ajsccfc

I always felt Dowie threw him in at the deep end as he had a little run of mistakes that could have broken him. He came through it ok in the end, not sure whether it helped strengthen him or he was already that kind of person. Conversely, that game where Nathan Cameron looked like the worst defender to ever live was his death knell, you could almost see all self-confidence drain from him.

wingy

I always felt Dowie threw him in at the deep end as he had a little run of mistakes that could have broken him. He came through it ok in the end, not sure whether it helped strengthen him or he was already that kind of person. Conversely, that game where Nathan Cameron looked like the worst defender to ever live was his death knell, you could almost see all self-confidence drain from him.

I always thought he took his errors extremely personally and perhaps carried the effect into his next run of games.

He loved It here though ,I thought under Boothroyd he and Cameron were great together for about half of that season.

torchomatic

Always a heartbeat away from a calamity from what I recall. Nothing against him though, glad he's doing well.

I always thought he took his errors extremely personally and perhaps carried the effect into his next run of games.

He loved It here though ,I thought under Boothroyd he and Cameron were great together for about half of that season.

Covstu

He was shocking at the back for us at times until the season we sold him when he was so consistent. Not sure what they did to him but it worked. I remember thinking the same with Kirkland when i watched him the in youth team, he was missing everything but then become a decent keeper, shame injuries knackered him.

wingy

He was shocking at the back for us at times until the season we sold him when he was so consistent. Not sure what they did to him but it worked. I remember thinking the same with Kirkland when i watched him the in youth team, he was missing everything but then become a decent keeper, shame injuries knackered him.

What we have to remember Is that he was playing as a kid the level above ,and i appreciated the two or three managers he worked under giving him his chance ,something we all appreciate currently about the team set-up and Budget setting meaning home produced youth In the squad.
Was he really any more error prone than than say Richard Wood?

Users who are viewing this thread