Ben Turner (1 Viewer)

Mucca Mad Boys

Do we get any bonuses for Cardiff getting promoted? I got told, that the deal for Turner was in excess of 1.75(ish)m with clauses.

ccfcway

the image of him hobbling around the pitch against Leeds will stay with me for a long time..

I said to my mate "this is the last time we will ever see him"

good luck to him !

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

I always thought that around £300,000 was the figure banded about for him?

Nah it was 750k that got bandied about to the point where I assumed that it was correct. 300k was the amount bandied about for McDonald (although I doubt it was more than 150k).

torchomatic

Funny, I always thought Turner was rubbish when he played for us. Shows how much I know.

torchomatic

mattylad

He seemed for to long to be trying to have some sort of body builder type physique, once he stopped doing that his mobility went up masses and I still say his injury cost Boothroyd his job. We were just not the same team without him.

Nonleagueherewecome

He seemed for to long to be trying to have some sort of body builder type physique, once he stopped doing that his mobility went up masses and I still say his injury cost Boothroyd his job. We were just not the same team without him.

The key players under him aside from King (and Westwood, thinking about it...we had a bloody good squad, actually!) were Doyle, Carsley and Turner, none of whom were playing for us when he got fired. I still think we were a busted flush tactically, though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread