Ben Turner last 2 games (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

While I didn't get hysterical over him like some others did I have to say that he can't do it all on his own. Just because he's in the side it doesn't mean they'll get clean sheets every time.

Cardiff have bought a "pretty good" Championship defender. Nothing more in my opinion.

BenInTurin

Facebook User
Cardiff have bought a "pretty good" Championship defender. Nothing more in my opinion.

With him getting injured last season I would agree this, but I still think he has the potential be of premiership quality.

ccfcway

He's coming back to fitness as he didn't have a pre season

If he is no good based on this, then nor is McDonald.

covcity4life

other than last year he was an epic calamity

would have liked to see if he could improve on last years great displays but overall i think we need cody more.

wingy

would have liked to see if he could improve on last years great displays but overall i think we need cody more.

He was just like the kids coming through now ,prone to make the occasional rick ,besides coming under flack from ,he felt it and it affected his performance into subsequent games ,how nice that we ,he persevered and made it ,just like we want our current kids to .that boy felt just as connected to this club ass geal and did'nt want to leave,the only ones he truly wanted to go to if he had to leave were his hometown club.

Wallace

What is it about some fans? Because someone leave they turn against them. Turner's sale was a mistake, I believe. He loved our club and never wanted to leave. SISU are a banking company and care zero about football. You can see they don't believe in getting good young players and keeping them and aiming for the play offs. No they are only in getting anything they can when someone becomes available. Orange Ken can say whatever he wants but he can't change the truth.

Marty

What is it about some fans? Because someone leave they turn against them. Turner's sale was a mistake, I believe. He loved our club and never wanted to leave. SISU are a banking company and care zero about football. You can see they don't believe in getting good young players and keeping them and aiming for the play offs. No they are only in getting anything they can when someone becomes available. Orange Ken can say whatever he wants but he can't change the truth.

The fact is we needed a forward, by selling a player who hasn't play in nearly a year for us to be able to afford that signing then i don't see the problem, Turner has picked up a serious injury every season since breaking into the first team and has never played more then 20 league games (i think) a season. Good piece of business if cody can get us 10-15 goals, just waiting for cody to get upto speed before we can truly judge him.

SkyBlueScottie

Cardiff paper saying they paid £750,000 k in compensation for him, remind me did we ever get told a figure?

As for the player himself, 23, still a long way to go and could go on to be a very good championship defender, we watched him play as he was learning, he was bound to make errors.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Cant blame him for the team shipping the goals surely ......he isnt only one on the pitch.

Just back after 10 months out
playing with new team
no pre season

No reason why he cant be as good as he started last season, (if he is I think we will be feeling short changed) but it will take time and games. Anyone want to bet against him scoring against us ?

Macca

I don't know much insider information if any but my one bit of knowledge was that around 12 months ago I was told by someone who knew him personally that he wanted to go to Blues

cloughie

The fact is we needed a forward, by selling a player who hasn't play in nearly a year for us to be able to afford that signing then i don't see the problem, Turner has picked up a serious injury every season since breaking into the first team and has never played more then 20 league games (i think) a season. Good piece of business if cody can get us 10-15 goals, just waiting for cody to get upto speed before we can truly judge him.

And the Scott Dann sell on fee covered the cody fee, so no need to sell

wingy

Not surprised as he never wanted to go there. There Manager must be a bit strange to want to sign a player that simply doesn't want to be there as well.

Unless Ranson wanted him to go there ,as he had been lending cardiff money before he left us,he was under investigation by the league a month prior to leaving us

ccfcway

Oh dear

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

wingy

Has he got a welsh granny or something ,can see him making the grade ,suarez could'nt get the better of him ,KUYT's fresh legs did them

Last edited:

georgehudson

about due for a further sisu comment, as befits their improved communication exercise,
why sell players at bargain basement prices,
the whole football world knows the answer,
PUSB

cloughie

another sisu under priced sale, and if people say they didn't rate him highly or that he was not as good as others have said then, that is their lack of judgement and poor ability to spot a very good player.
I wonder what his value is today compared to sisu quick buck price?

ccfcway

If only SISU had some ambition,

our defence would read

Fox ---Dann---Turner----Keogh
---------Westwood--------------

georgehudson

so; over to you sisu !!!
can't wait for your response,
from where i sit you look to be self-centred naive buffoons,
i just wonder what your investors think of your efforts ?
every person has the right to know where their money is being invested,
well c'mon sisu let's hear it,
PUSB

ccfcway

hey ho, we'll forget that its SISU wo are to blame, and put all of the blame on Thorn come 5pm next saturday

Nugent & Beckford up front for them !!

SkyBlue_Bear83

What I don't understand is we had held onto him for 12 months longer he would have been in the 2 mill + bracket surely?
At the time people were saying SISU don't plan to be here in 6-12 months time but that is looking increasingly unlikely. We had our pants pulled down at 750k for Turner.

Sick Boy

so; over to you sisu !!!
can't wait for your response,
from where i sit you look to be self-centred naive buffoons,
i just wonder what your investors think of your efforts ?
every person has the right to know where their money is being invested,
well c'mon sisu let's hear it,
PUSB

Doesn't each investor have less than 10% of the club? They have probably made returns from other companies SISU have invested their money in. Overall, CCFC is probably pretty small on SISU's business portfolio.

Covstu

Top player and testament to how far we have dropped and just one of the many top players we let slp through our fingers

Users who are viewing this thread