Ben Turner for England (1 Viewer)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
If he does is there a clause in the sale contract that gets ccfc some funds? and if so was that deal done by CCFC Ltd or CCFC H Ltd? Was Turner registered by the FL with CCFC Ltd or CCFC H Ltd. One of those companies is about to be liquidated the other apparently surplus to requirements. :thinking about:

If he does good luck to him, cant see him dislodging the current options, but always liked him as a player

Last edited:

hamil99

Facebook User
id just be proud that we could have 2 of our academy players play for england at the same time. sturridge and turner, awesome :)

SkyBlueScottie

Never really rated Turner? is that based on the 18 - 19 year old version that did his learning in our first team and subsequently made mistakes?

Or is it the Ben Turner, which left here to join a team which got promoted and he is now playing in the prem?

kg82

never really been Turners biggest fan

Surely he must be out the running after this then!!

Anyway, doesn't really matter does it, not as if England are actually that good at the moment! Might as well mix and match, try other things. Unfortunately, it's more up front we need the options.

jesus-wept

If he does is there a clause in the sale contract that gets ccfc some funds? and if so was that deal done by CCFC Ltd or CCFC H Ltd? Was Turner registered by the FL with CCFC Ltd or CCFC H Ltd. One of those companies is about to be liquidated the other apparently surplus to requirements. :thinking about:

If he does good luck to him, cant see him dislodging the current options, but always liked him as a player
Don't think there is any claus for an extra payment due to an England cap, but maybe Ray Ransom has a little bonus if he does. Uncle Ray had a little thing going with Cardiff to do with player recruitment and Turner along with Gunnarson were picked up for peanuts.

I often wonder if RR got the two CCFCs mixed up ?

covcity4life

was a calamity jane at cov, had a good last 6 months that clouded fan opinion(the same fans who liked doyle and thought jordan clarke could do no wrong mind)

has done well at cardiff though, but dont understand the dick sucking on here, let cardiff fans post about it.

jesus-wept

You are right up to a point Turner was dodgy at first but I thought he settled into a decent centre back. Big favourite at Cardiff and probably worth £5million now. We sold him for a pathetic £700k.

ccfcmustang

Surely he must be out the running after this then!!

Anyway, doesn't really matter does it, not as if England are actually that good at the moment! Might as well mix and match, try other things. Unfortunately, it's more up front we need the options.

True, but as an Irishman and wanting everyone who plays England to win please play Ben Turner instead of John Terry good idea!

torchomatic

Shows how much I know. I thought he was RUBBISH for the majority of the time he was with us.

kg82

True, but as an Irishman and wanting everyone who plays England to win please play Ben Turner instead of John Terry good idea!

Terry's old news! Don't get me wrong, I thought Turner was dodgy at first. Seemed slow, positioning was off, slow in the tackle... Just dodgy. But he changed, what seemed overnight, into a very decent CB. England standard? Maybe not in an England team of 20, 10 or even 5 years ago. But it's possible now.

SkyBlueHomer

Shows how much I know. I thought he was RUBBISH for the majority of the time he was with us.

Bit harsh there, Cardiff must have seen something in him. Don't get me wrong I never thought he would get anywhere near the England team though.

If he does he has either come on in leaps and bounds or is it a sign of how poor the England team has become?

Good luck to him either way

SkyBlueScottie

was a calamity jane at cov, had a good last 6 months that clouded fan opinion(the same fans who liked doyle and thought jordan clarke could do no wrong mind)

has done well at cardiff though, but dont understand the dick sucking on here, let cardiff fans post about it.

Always had plenty of potential to be a solid Premiership player, just like I say he did his learning in the glare of the 1st team....

torchomatic

Oh yeah, not slating him. Good luck to him and all that. Just never thought he was particularly very good. I remember that awful game against Leicester. Just always thought he was a heartbeat away from making a calamitous error. Still, done alright for himself.

Bit harsh there, Cardiff must have seen something in him. Don't get me wrong I never thought he would get anywhere near the England team though.

If he does he has either come on in leaps and bounds or is it a sign of how poor the England team has become?

Good luck to him either way

Grendel

It has to be remembered the genius thorn sold turner having decided he was surplus to requirements and then replaced him with super slob McDonald

What acts of genius by the managerial maestro.

SkyBlue_Bear83

He was 18 when he first broke through under Dowie. Started off really well but then a couple of mistakes shot his confidence and he went a bit downhill, didnt help he was playing next to de zeeuw at the time

Came back under Boothroyd years later, had matured as a player and was outstanding

Sort of similar to how people were writing off Clarke and Wilson last season

J

Jack Griffin

Terry's old news! Don't get me wrong, I thought Turner was dodgy at first. Seemed slow, positioning was off, slow in the tackle... Just dodgy. But he changed, what seemed overnight, into a very decent CB. England standard? Maybe not in an England team of 20, 10 or even 5 years ago. But it's possible now.

People kept saying he was slow, he wasn't.. I'm damn sure he'd beat (a younger ) Terry in any race.

Users who are viewing this thread