Ben sheaf (1 Viewer)

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

How does he pull out a 100 mins like that after 6 weeks out?

Unreal

angry superman GIF

Mucca Mad Boys

He was absolutely immense and was genuinely surprised wasn’t given man of the match or even mentioned when ally was considering it.

We might be fending off a few bids from PL clubs in the summer after that showing.
I’m sure ITV were patting the back of some some Wolves player they’d anointed as MOTM when they’d already counted us down and out.

Telfer85

I’m sure ITV were patting the back of some some Wolves player they’d anointed as MOTM when they’d already counted us down and out.
Yeh think they were. Even at that point tho we had been the better team. That nouri was good and their best player but I thought we contained him well on the whole.

His goal came from a bit of bad defending although still think lati had a great game and yeh he showed class for their 2nd. But simms, sheaf and Thomas I think all had more influence on the game. Maybe it’s sky blue tinted glasses but thought it was harsh to give it him over some of ours.

HadjiChippo

he’s absolutely class and looked every bit a PL midfielder today.

I worry we’ll struggle to keep hold of him in the summer.

PVA

He was immense today.

I mentioned this a week or so ago, but he has decided the time is right to move on and play at a higher level. Not saying he is going kick up a fuss or anything, but he does want to leave in the summer so I've been told.

Otis

He was immense today.

I mentioned this a week or so ago, but he has decided the time is right to move on and play at a higher level. Not saying he is going kick up a fuss or anything, but he does want to leave in the summer so I've been told.
If the club are aware of this, do we think Torp may have been brought in as Sheaf's replacement?

Not quite the same sort of player, but I could see Torp being able to do Sheaf's job. Would prefer them both of course.

Brighton Sky Blue

If the club are aware of this, do we think Torp may have been brought in as Sheaf's replacement?

Not quite the same sort of player, but I could see Torp being able to do Sheaf's job. Would prefer them both of course.
Unlikely, he would be a belated Hamer replacement if anything.

Blind-Faith

Nothing less than £15m for me.

My favourite player and would be gutted to see him go! Give us one more year and let him go next summer I would say to him, give us a chance at a solid playoff / autos push

Sky Blue Pete

First half I thought sheaf was outstanding but to last 100 mins on 10 mins of football is just unbelievable

Otis

Unlikely, he would be a belated Hamer replacement if anything.
Torp just seems that he can play a number of roles. Happy coming back to defend and pick the ball up outside our own penalty area, but definitely a box to box player too.

I think a Torp/Eccles combination could work pretty well.

Danceswithhorses

Didn't he sign a new contract fairly recently ?
He was happy to sign up then, so what has changed ?

EDIT...signed in March 23, 3 year contract until June 2026.

DannyThomas_1981

I'm Hamer's biggest fan and he was brilliant for us.

Sheaf in a different role is becoming arguably as important.

Yesterday he was the stand out midfielder against a Prem team away. Eccles also excellent.

If Hamer was valued at 15 million in the final year of his contract, I would not accept less than 20 million for Ben with big add-ons.

TomRad85

Hamer is a better watch, certainly at this level but Sheaf is more a Premier League player.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

Torp just seems that he can play a number of roles. Happy coming back to defend and pick the ball up outside our own penalty area, but definitely a box to box player too.

I think a Torp/Eccles combination could work pretty well.
Even if Sheaf stays you still need an upgrade on Kelly.

Hincha

Sheaf was ridiculous yesterday. Best midfielder on the pitch.

If he continues his form and stays fit until the end of the season I can see a Prem team coughing up 12m-15m. Would fund the summer nicely but be a shame to see him go.

Hincha

He is also a prime example of why we need to give new signings (especially those who haven't played at this level) time.

First season he was struggling to get to grips with the speed of the league and loads of fans were getting on his back. Now he is head and shoulders above the level.

shmmeee

He is also a prime example of why we need to give new signings (especially those who haven't played at this level) time.

First season he was struggling to get to grips with the speed of the league and loads of fans were getting on his back. Now he is head and shoulders above the level.

Ge never struggled first season. We’ve just got fans who wouldn’t know a footballer if it slapped them round the chops.

Brighton Sky Blue

Ge never struggled first season. We’ve just got fans who wouldn’t know a footballer if it slapped them round the chops.
I mean for the decade up until he signed the best we could hope for was Sammy Clingan and the Mk. I Bigi

Hincha

He definitely got caught in possession in dangerous areas more than he does now.

Also got replaced by Matty James as it was him, Kelly & Hamer who saw out the season. People forget Sheaf didn't start a game from February onwards that season.

Mark would have started him if he wasn't struggling.

shmmeee

He definitely got caught in possession in dangerous areas more than he does now.

Also got replaced by Matty James as it was him, Kelly & Hamer who saw out the season. People forget Sheaf didn't start a game from February onwards that season.

Mark would have started him if he wasn't struggling.

Do you mean this end of the season? 🤣

ccfc1234

We should make him club captain amd build the team around him. With his contract length 20 million and we might consider it but anything less I would not trade and use the Wembley and Cup money to add some more quility in the hope we will be a top 2 side next season.
He will still have a year summer after next and that would be the time to sell.

Seems to be a top lad and hope he stays.

Users who are viewing this thread