Transfer Rumour Ben Sheaf (2 Viewers)

Mucca Mad Boys

That's why I was wondering if he's going to keep a similar formation structure as Sheaf has primarily played as a DMC but all of the statistical analysis websites I've been checking actually have him and Kelly's stats pretty equal obviously though Kelly as you've mentioned brings far more to the table so I'm wondering how he'll fit in! Only time will tell I guess!

Could you share some of these stats websites, please?

If they look similar statistically, it would signal that Robins has found a natural successor for Kelly.

Hopefully the deal gets over the line.

cc84cov

That's why I was wondering if he's going to keep a similar formation structure as Sheaf has primarily played as a DMC but all of the statistical analysis websites I've been checking actually have him and Kelly's stats pretty equal obviously though Kelly as you've mentioned brings far more to the table so I'm wondering how he'll fit in! Only time will tell I guess!
Sheaf has made more passes per game than any city player,76 successful tackles again more than any other city player,We could see sheaf paired with Hamer.

Darren Moore said he’s just as comfortable at CB as he is CDM.

Nick

Administrator
As soon as I saw the sort of player I thought he would be a Kelly type player leaving Hamer to play the ball.

cc84cov

Have to say he looks an upgrade on Liam Kelly defo can see Kelly used less this season if this lad comes in although it’s only highlights we’ve seen he looks very good

Magwitch

Have to say he looks an upgrade on Liam Kelly defo can see Kelly used less this season if this lad comes in although it’s only highlights we’ve seen he looks very good
Kelly being talked about getting a Scotland call-up, that’ll be interesting good enough for Scotland but not us we should piss the league this season.

cc84cov

Kelly being talked about getting a Scotland call-up, that’ll be interesting good enough for Scotland but not us we should piss the league this season.
Can you post the link for this Scottish call up talk...I’m sure he’s already had a cap fo them when he was younger

mr_monkey

Can you post the link for this Scottish call up talk...I’m sure he’s already had a cap fo them when he was younger

I think he's getting confused by the interview Kelly did saying that rose and hyam should get call ups, no way Kelly gets a Scotland callup at the moment imo

Alkhen

Gahhh I hate all this upgrade on Kelly bollocks. No need to go there. just be happy if this happens as it will add depth to our squad.

absolutely no need to rat out the captain of our league winning squad like that. nobody knows how things will play out. Kelly has been great for us id like to see him kick on again like he has every season he has played for us

robbiekeane

Gahhh I hate all this upgrade on Kelly bollocks. No need to go there. just be happy if this happens as it will add depth to our squad.

absolutely no need to rat out the captain of our league winning squad like that. nobody knows how things will play out. Kelly has been great for us id like to see him kick on again like he has every season he has played for us
Ratting out? Don’t get so personal, people need competition for places and need succession planning

mr_monkey

Ratting out? Don’t get so personal, people need competition for places and need succession planning

Exactly, and look how Doyle struggled in league one, if this guy is an upgrade on Kelly then awesome as we need better players in a better league

Alkhen

I have no problem with there being a succession and a long term plan but the way people are going on about it being Sheaf and Hamer starting like they are in the know, it is a little disrespectful. Kelly just captained us to the championship has handled every step up in level asked of him so far. Sheaf is 22 and played in a team that finished well below us, id be pissed off if i was Kelly reading these comments.

I would be very happy for Sheaf to come in , looks a very good prospect and add much needed depth. he could well dislodge Kelly but that is up to Robins

Littlewood CCFC

Maybe a unpopular opinion but at times last season especially the last half of the season Kelly gave the ball away a lot, he gets the cov fans sentimental protection like shipley does but i have doubts on kelly being good enough for championship level just like doyle couldn't hack it at L1 level. Would personally like Sheaf and Hamer holding next season but Sheaf could very well slot into the back 3 as we have a few injuries. Let's wait and see how it pans out.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Maybe a unpopular opinion but at times last season especially the last half of the season Kelly gave the ball away a lot, he gets the cov fans sentimental protection like shipley does but i have doubts on kelly being good enough for championship level just like doyle couldn't hack it at L1 level. Would personally like Sheaf and Hamer holding next season but Sheaf could very well slot into the back 3 as we have a few injuries. Let's wait and see how it pans out.

LIES! The song clearly states he NEVER gives the ball away. How dare you make such scurrilous insinuations ;)

DannyThomas_1981

It's a good post Littlewood and I see what you are saying in terms of giving the ball away. I understand to be fair though that Kelly was playing through an injury for quite a few games last season - and was out there every week for the Club as there was no one who could replace him in that position in the squad. As you and others have said Sheaf looks like a great singing on paper as it increases the competition for places in midfield and we will need more rotation in the Champ - given the higher quality and intensity in every game.

better days

I think he's getting confused by the interview Kelly did saying that rose and hyam should get call ups, no way Kelly gets a Scotland callup at the moment imo
I seem to remember the commentators saying they were eligible for Scotland
Can't recall them saying more than that

CCFC88

Kelly, Hamer, Sheaf and Shipley is a good balance for those 2 deeper lying CM spots, Id say that Shipley is probably the backup to Hamer and Sheaf would be the backup to Kelly to start.

Healthy competition across the pitch is what we need and it is what appears to be being built. Give them all a fair crack in preseason and trut in who Robins eventually plays.

No need for the Kelly replacement chat just yet, he will be replaced if MR sees it fit to replace him.

Next year is all about stabilizing in the new league, if we are starting 21/22 in the Championship with the majority of this squad having a years championship experience under their belts along with a proven goal scorer I will be pretty optimistic.

Last edited:

robbiekeane

id be pissed off if i was Kelly reading these comments.
If a professional footballer got pissed off by people on an online football forum speculating about whether or not new players we were splashing cash on were bought in to play along side him or ultimately as a replacement for him given he was originally bought in as a league two player, then I’d question his attitude and tenacity as a professional.

Nonleagueherewecome

Exactly, and look how Doyle struggled in league one, if this guy is an upgrade on Kelly then awesome as we need better players in a better league
You can't have a team where nearly everyone's 22 and only 2 players are over 25...not at this level. Kelly's experience and leadership is key, he has stepped up every time we have gone up and if we sign Sheaf it is so we have more than Eccles as DMC cover-and we can rotate Kelly/Hamer Sheaf.

Users who are viewing this thread