Transfer Rumour Ben Sheaf (1 Viewer)

Frostie

Latest name linked; by Alan Nixon this time.

Arsenal U23 who had a very successful loan with Doncaster last season.
6'1 Centre Mid, 22 years old, can also play in defence.

Decent ball player & strong in the tackle, good signing if true.

Last edited:

Terry_dactyl

I can’t say I’d heard of him but Sounds like he was highly rated, certainly by Wenger. Versatile as well.

ccfcway

Had an injury or two that’s halted his career, but wenger certainly speaks highly of him...

“He’s always ahead of the game and his anticipation quality is absolutely huge,” said the legendary French coach.

“There is something in him that I believe will allow him to progress. He analyses what’s happening to him, he assesses well what is going on and that’s why I believe he will have a good career.”

Legia Sky Blue

We definitely need a bigger, stronger back up to Kelly than Eccles who I don't see being up to the Championship. Can't see us spending £1m on a player to be a back up though.

cc84cov

Found this thread on their forum he can be slow to release the ball at times which is probably down to wanting to pick the right pass very easy to get that sorted they rate him up there by all accounts.Another one who seems to be on the verge of bigger clubs coming in possibly 1-2 years developing,Arsene Wenger rated him very highly.

From an early look at him forums etc would be a good signing for us possibly around the 500k Figure.

Gibbo

Assuming Kelly and Hamer are the first choices in central midfield, the query is obvious. Why spend a lot on a man who is likley to be a squad player? For choice I would prefer a loan as back-up to Kelly and Hamer. The wolves guy is a better option. This comment guarrantees that Sheaf will come and then dominate central midfield for the whole season.....

Or is Sheaf an upgrade for the departing Westbrooke, so if not cash-neutral, not far off it?

SlowerThanPlatt

Found this thread on their forum he can be slow to release the ball at times which is probably down to wanting to pick the right pass very easy to get that sorted they rate him up there by all accounts.Another one who seems to be on the verge of bigger clubs coming in possibly 1-2 years developing,Arsene Wenger rated him very highly.

From an early look at him forums etc would be a good signing for us possibly around the 500k Figure.

Tbf I think Wenger was asked about the loan/the player and just gave some nice comments about him, if he was rated highly at Arsenal he wouldn’t have been on loan at Doncaster Rovers at his age

cc84cov

Assuming Kelly and Hamer are the first choices in central midfield, the query is obvious. Why spend a lot on a man who is likley to be a squad player? For choice I would prefer a loan as back-up to Kelly and Hamer. The wolves guy is a better option. This comment guarrantees that Sheaf will come and then dominate central midfield for the whole season.....

Or is Sheaf an upgrade for the departing Westbrooke, so if not cash-neutral, not far off it?
£1m for competition for Kelly & Hamer in the championship for me is about right mate I think

Terry_dactyl

Tbf I think Wenger was asked about the loan/the player and just gave some nice comments about him, if he was rated highly at Arsenal he wouldn’t have been on loan at Doncaster Rovers at his age
Yeah maybe. It does appear he was around the first team/on the brink of making a few appearances for them. I guess you could say that about a lot of players that never make it.
I’m surprised that a fee is being talked about. Surely we could just loan him for less?

matesx

Yeah maybe. It does appear he was around the first team/on the brink of making a few appearances for them. I guess you could say that about a lot of players that never make it.
I’m surprised that a fee is being talked about. Surely we could just loan him for less?

If we own him we can sell him for a profit if he impresses.

Users who are viewing this thread