Ben Sheaf in depth (1 Viewer)

ovduk78

He is going to be interviewed on MNC on radio5 soon, they're currently talking about Man Utd/Liverpool

Frostie

Alarm Siren GIF

hamertime

When sheaf first came he gave the ball away quite a lot in dangerous positions and cost us a few goals. The transformation in him has been unbelievable. He really is one of the best in the league. I see similarities in torps play giving the ball away but it’s a new fast paced league for him. I can see torp coming on like sheaf has.

djr8369

That out of possession video is class. The intelligence and effort to be in the right place to intercept is probably often overlooked as it doesn’t always pay off.

wingy

If UTD needs an analysis this guy could work for them, but they'd miss on Eccles so all good!

djr8369

When sheaf first came he gave the ball away quite a lot in dangerous positions and cost us a few goals. The transformation in him has been unbelievable. He really is one of the best in the league. I see similarities in torps play giving the ball away but it’s a new fast paced league for him. I can see torp coming on like sheaf has.
I always thought he was a bit unlucky in that it always seemed to lead to a goal.

stay_up_skyblues

He really did look every bit the premier league player on Saturday. He will probably shine in the Prem with a little more time on the ball.

Frostie

I also did. Always defended him. Season 1 he had no luck. The ability was there, but unfortunately whenever he made a mistake (no less than any other players) we were punished
It's a difficult mindset shift for fans but ultimately, we want players prepared to take risks & play in tight spaces & difficult areas which is why I backed him since day 1. Yes, there were mistakes, still are on occasion (as with everyone) but he is an exceptional player at this level.

ProfessorbyGrace

He’s a class act, is Sheafo.

This season he’s come into his own, despite the injuries. My only concern is, if we don’t:

A. Reach the play offs
B. Win the play offs…

…his head could be turned by another Summer bid by a low-end Premiership side. Or indeed, a team coming down, that can still splash the cash.

Great_Expectations

He’s always been class and I’ve lost track of the amount of times I’ve called him that on here (I’ll happily join in the self back patting!).

It took the majority a long time to change their focus from the odd mistake he makes to the plethora of good things he does. Some still aren’t there.

Saying that, not a fan of his ability being too widely known! He has to be the number one player we keep over summer.

WestEndAgro

Sorry but I'm calling Sheaf, backed him from day one even stating he was on a different planet to the rest of our squad at the time, even insisting we had a big 3 not just the big 2.

So Sheafo is mine.

Mucca Mad Boys

I think his performance at wolves proved that beyond any doubt , he can play Premier league football
Undoubtedly, by far and away our best CM and if we can get someone else that good alongside him, it really will be HMS piss the league next season.

Martin180

Undoubtedly, by far and away our best CM and if we can get someone else that good alongside him, it really will be HMS piss the league next season.
Eccles or Torp not good enough then ? Sheaf was outstanding on Saturday but Eccles was also very good alongside him and was praised by McCoist on numerous occasions for doing the understated bits alongside Sheaf

Users who are viewing this thread