Ben Sheaf future (2 Viewers)

shmmeee

Asked for an update on Sheaf’s longer term future beyond this season, Robins said: “We’ll cross that bridge at the end of the season.”

cc84cov

You've also been saying Robins shits it at this level, has lost the dressing room and needs to be sacked for a few months too... 😉
He was shitting himself 541 at home to Wycombe and defending draws when a positive change would of had us more points ? I also came out and openly give him credit for this past couple of weeks how he’s changed it to go more positive,it’s also clear to see I’ve never been a fan of 1 up front 😊

Mucca Mad Boys

He was shitting himself 541 at home to Wycombe and defending draws when a positive change would of had us more points ? I also came out and openly give him credit for this past couple of weeks how he’s changed it to go more positive,it’s also clear to see I’ve never been a fan of 1 up front 😊

I think injuries / match fitness was the deciding factor to play 1 upfront.

If Bakayoko looked like he was even close to scoring, I’m sure we would’ve played 2 strikers more often.

Also, we should’ve been 2-0 up after about 10 minutes against Wycombe. We hardly ‘shit ourselves’, Wycombe dug in and got a point. Fair play to them.

Reactions: vow

Saddlebrains

Not arsed to be fair

Think were all slightly disappointed with him, can see there's a player in there but I don't think he's done as well as we thought or hoped. Good luck to him if he doesn't return

Jamieb87ccfc

Sounds like there is an obligation to buy and maybe it’s been met but Robins isn’t interested and has other targets possibly so will try and get out of it.

Grendel

The whole article is nonsense - Turner hasn’t got a clue if he’s going to sign or not and throws a lazy headline out. Big shock

shmmeee

Got to be honest, I’m still not convinced by replacing a young talented player we can improve and who will be on low wages with a long term inured journeyman looking for his last pay day, but there we are 🤷

Ccfcisparks

Got to be honest, I’m still not convinced by replacing a young talented player we can improve and who will be on low wages with a long term inured journeyman looking for his last pay day, but there we are 🤷
Whos the longer term injured journeyman?

shmmeee

Sheaf and James have played for the same amount of clubs, not sure I'd consider him a journeyman to be honest

Yeah I edited

If James was coming in to do the Kelly role and we were releasing Kelly, maybe. But we seem to still need Kelly in doing Kelly things while James is in the team, which makes me question why we need James.

Mr Panda

We're in a bit of an awkward transition period where we're scrapping to become an established Championship side where possession players like Sheaf are overlooked for battlers and seasoned pros like Kelly...and quite rightly, we're not at the level yet where we can set out to outplay teams and probably won't be for some time in this division.

In my mind Sheaf is an update on Kelly, but he's going to require more technical, comfortable players around him before we see the best of him. Shame we don't have the resources to keep him on and bring him in as we hopefully establish ourselves.

skybluesam66

We're in a bit of an awkward transition period where we're scrapping to become an established Championship side where possession players like Sheaf are overlooked for battlers and seasoned pros like Kelly...and quite rightly, we're not at the level yet where we can set out to outplay teams and probably won't be for some time in this division.

In my mind Sheaf is an update on Kelly, but he's going to require more technical, comfortable players around him before we see the best of him. Shame we don't have the resources to keep him on and bring him in as we hopefully establish ourselves.
in potential he is an update, but his unerring ability to either pass to the opposition or just fall over the ball are 1st class

chiefdave

I think if we can get out of it we will. But I don't think this article really tells us much, more Telegraph guess work.

Frostie

I'd be surprised & disappointed if he doesn't sign but there's literally zero news in that article.

better days

I seem to remember that there may have been a question mark over his medical when he came
So he joined on loan initially with an obligation to buy if the area of concern didn't recur

Users who are viewing this thread