Ben Sheaf Assist (1 Viewer)

Esoterica

When Kelly is fit he comes straight back in. Not only is Kelly when fit offers experience but is also a leader. Quietly doing things that help the team over the line. Something that sheaf hasn’t got at present.

last night the back three needed a touch more protection at times and that’s something that Kelly will offer.
We have a different mentality this season, much more aggressive and attacking. It's a long season and he will start games but I think his role in most of them is going to be coming off the bench on 60/70 minutes to help us see games out, not starting.

CCFC54321

We've won 2 out of 3 and completely dominated the best part of the last two games precisely because of the control and passing of our 3 midfielders. Listen to what the Blackpool manager said.

There might be a role for Kelly as a sub helping to protect a lead but given that he doesn't contribute much to actually getting into winning positions he won't be starting ahead of Sheaf.
We’ll see when Kelly’s fit won’t we then?

Robins has a nice problem but I doubt Robins and Vivash will be to happy how easy we were played through at times last night hence Kelly coming back in.

I don’t disagree we looked excellent last night but against a better side than Blackpool we could have been punished.

just a little reality check here as we got away with a couple and just have a feeling he will opt for Kelly when fit.

Warwickhunt

I've always had high hopes for him, but I have to say that last season at times he had some really poor games. I saw mentioned that he was carrying a back injury for a while, so maybe that contributed. His start to this has been really strong. He is so calm on the ball and is starting to build a good partnership with Hamer. Last night every time one of them got the ball the other would be close by looking for the pass. He still has a couple of mistakes in him, but he's young and that is to be expected. I'm really hoping he will be a stand out player this season
he needs a player close too him so that it creates room for him to pass through the lines. he is not so good when being high pressed and panics a little or trys to pass the ball through the player.

SkyBlueGuy

he needs a player close too him so that it creates room for him to pass through the lines. he is not so good when being high pressed and panics a little or trys to pass the ball through the player.

We definitely saw that last season, but I do think he looks calmer so far this season. There have been a couple of times we're he has worked his way away from the edge of the box on his own. I think it was the friendly against wolves where he was facing goal and just flicked the ball over his and the attackers head to get away.

rexo87

Against any of the sides we have played so far Sheaf is the best option. Thankfully Kelly should be back for when we play the sides where we will have less of the ball. Kelly does a fantastic job in those games. Against Barnsley and Brentford at home last season when we had very little possession he was absolutely fantastic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mucca Mad Boys

We've won 2 out of 3 and completely dominated the best part of the last two games precisely because of the control and passing of our 3 midfielders. Listen to what the Blackpool manager said.

There might be a role for Kelly as a sub helping to protect a lead but given that he doesn't contribute much to actually getting into winning positions he won't be starting ahead of Sheaf.

Only time will tell, but judging from Robins’ comments, he still rates Kelly v highly and is probably still his first choice.

That said, Sheaf is doing v well and if he keeps this up, he will definitely stake a claim.

In our team, we definitely need one of Kelly or McFadz in the starting line up. Leadership and defensive organisation is key for us.

COV

can’t put it much better than that really

larry_david

Sheaf has learnt from last season it seems. He's quicker in what he does and when he can't release the ball, he uses that frame of his to hold players off until he can do something. He's still learning and clearly a work in progress but the future looks good for him.

As for Kelly, when he's fit He's an optional on the bench for now but he will be needed and let's not kid ourselves, sheaf and hamer will not start every game together, it's just not possible and that's where Kelly comes in and eventually Eccles too

Users who are viewing this thread