Bellamy transfer fiasco to Cov in 2000 (1 Viewer)

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Yes, could have been Leicester, i thought it was a home game but Leicester was one of the grounds I always went to when we played them, being nearer to me than our home ground.
Not me, I have boycotted Leicester away since in 1987, various incidents over the years there by their significant percentage of awful fans. Decided never to go there again. One of the few if any benefits of their rise is that we don't have to play them , we will eventually though rest assured.

I used to view them as a joke club to be honest, just not funny on what has happened because of their financial manoeuvrings and then huge subsequent Thailand investment. Worst thing is the 'love affair' that some parts of the media have with them of late. nothing against the 'boy' Lineker himself.

Essexrobbie

I hold no love of Bellendby, but we plucked him out of the championship where he played midfield and expected him to pay up top and fill in the departed Robbie Keanes boots in the toughest league in the world. It was never going to happen and was really the start of our decline and demise. The departure of Dublin and then Keane was always going to be a step to far for us to recover from.

Brighton Sky Blue

Not me, I have boycotted Leicester away since in 1987, various incidents over the years there by their significant percentage of awful fans. Decided never to go there again. One of the few if any benefits of their rise is that we don't have to play them , we will eventually though rest assured.

I used to view them as a joke club to be honest, just not funny on what has happened because of their financial manoeuvrings and then huge subsequent Thailand investment. Worst thing is the 'love affair' that some parts of the media have with them of late. nothing against the 'boy' Lineker himself.

It really is a shame that the following have to be from Lesta

Kasabian
Walkers crisps
Gary Lineker
Half the BSB family

Sick Boy

It’s always lively playing them but not sure if their fans are particularly worse than a lot of others or ours.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

It’s always lively playing them but not sure if their fans are particularly worse than a lot of others or ours.

I have personally experienced three bad episodes at away games mid 70's to 87 and also remember seeing Leicester fans walking around near Gosford Park with a motor cycle chain. A lot of the chants are not nice too . I think you will find they do have quite a reputation or certainly did have . Up there with Leeds, West Ham , Millwall , Chelsea, Cardiff and Bolton in the really bad days of football hooliganism.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I hold no love of Bellendby, but we plucked him out of the championship where he played midfield and expected him to pay up top and fill in the departed Robbie Keanes boots in the toughest league in the world. It was never going to happen and was really the start of our decline and demise. The departure of Dublin and then Keane was always going to be a step to far for us to recover from.
He was also expected to play in winter conditions which meant it was a bit muddy and wet so he cried off.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Brighton Sky Blue

Wow. As a Coventrian it's a heavyweight A list to be envious of.

In the sky blue corner we have

Richard Keys
Sian Massey
The Specials
The Enemy
Cars you can find in museums
Presumably the highest concentration of Wetherspoons in England
Batches
BSB

The last entry makes it literally heavyweight if nothing else.

Greggs

Richard Keys
Sian Massey
The Specials
The Enemy
Batches
BSB

don't forget wheelie bin cat

fernandopartridge

Richard Keys
Sian Massey
The Specials
The Enemy
Batches
BSB

Clive Owen
King
Billie Myers
Frank Whittle
Philip Larkin

slowpoke

I remember when we signed Bellamy that arse Rodney Marsh saying he would be off to Newcastle if he proved his fitness and that’s what happened.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Clive Owen
King
Billie Myers
Frank Whittle
Philip Larkin

2/3 of SAW
Billie Whitelaw
Nigel Hawthorne
Hazel O'Connor
Graeme Hawley
The bass player for the Style Council
Primitives
Delia Derbyshire
Ian Bell
Quite a few rugby players - Neil Back, Danny Grewcock, Tom Wood
Cal Crutchlow

Johhny Blue

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I was listening to the Socially Distant Sports Bar podcast and it was discussing Craig Bellamy's autobiography - Goodfella. I haven't read (nor ever will ) read the book but it sounds like it was chaos,
Newcastle had been in contact and Bellamy wanted to join them. Newcastle said not to sign for Coventry until they had tabled their bid to Norwich. Bellamy met Strachan, but Bellamy didn't have an agent but had a mate who was a financial advisor. This financial advisor didn't know anything about football but was mates with John Fashnu, Fash, the financial advisor, Bellamy were all at the meeting with Strachan, Bellamy had never met Fash previously.

Bellamy signed for Cov but really wanted to join the Toon. This may explain why he was so poor for us and also those disrespectful comments he made about the club after relegation.
Strangely a similar thing happened to Alan Shearer when he wanted to sign for us

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

It really is a shame that the following have to be from Lesta

Kasabian
Walkers crisps
Gary Lineker
Half the BSB family

Sir Frank Witley, inventer of the Jet Engine so these rich f**kers can travel all over the world.

hill83

Bellamy was a legend who didn’t have the benefit of Twitter and all of us having cameras on us at all times for selfies with him in Tesco.

shy_tall_knight

I originally posted this not to vent anger at Bellamy but just to shed light on what looks a crazy transfer negotiation. hopefully that can't happen again. As for Bellamy clearly a good player but to kick the club and the fans when they were down, relegated and in a precarious financial position was mean and unnecessary, the easy thing was to walk away and join Newcastle. He could have apologised for missing so many one on ones but that would take character and integrity.

Users who are viewing this thread