Bellamy retires (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Kid

I hope that was said "Tongue in cheek" JD....Bellend was, and still is, a knob. ITV Wales sport, mentioned every club except CCFC for whom he played. Speaks volumes to me.

Joy Division

I can't even remember why we were meant to dislike him now?

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Maybe he was injured somewhat or not fully recovered from injury in 2000/01.

Who was at fault it was we cannot be sure. CB himself, Strachan or whoever was responsable for buying hi,

However If Craig Bellamy had performed better than he did we would NOT have been relegated and our present circumstances may all have been different.

I always remember having a conversation with someone against Leicester in late 2000 at half time. I was compalining about him. This guy said he is a really good player. I thought the guy was wrong at the time but Craig Bellamy proved the guy right for other clubs.

He really wasnt any good though for us for whatever reason.

Covstu

Made my day this news when i found out. The guy was a good player but just didnt have the apetite for the relegation scrap. I wouldnt say he was to blame for us getting relegated however!!

Sky Blue 64

Bellamy wasn't always payed in his favoured poisition - but on the wing......we know he was full of himself, and thought he could do no wrong - he wound up his team mates to the extent that Paul Teffer 'decked' him during training...... when Strachen was asked what he did about it the response was " I let them get on with it for a couple of minutes....he (Bellamy) deserved it" Finally what relly made him popular was on leaving saying that Hull City were a bigger club than Coventry....... not true at the time

johnwillomagic

I think to be fair he had a tough act to follow in Robbie Keane and we had also lost McAllister who was awesome the season before.
We also recouped our investment on him at least......however for the comments he made post departure I will always hate him!

RedSalmon

No time for him. He was very poor when he was here, a really bad signing for the club.

For every goal he scored he seemed to miss three sitters!!!

Very unpleasant person.

Joy Division

Bellamy wasn't always payed in his favoured poisition - but on the wing......we know he was full of himself, and thought he could do no wrong - he wound up his team mates to the extent that Paul Teffer 'decked' him during training...... when Strachen was asked what he did about it the response was " I let them get on with it for a couple of minutes....he (Bellamy) deserved it" Finally what relly made him popular was on leaving saying that Hull City were a bigger club than Coventry....... not true at the time

He was right about Hull. What other comments did he say that riled us?

Users who are viewing this thread