Bell to Cobblers (1 Viewer)

ericagradus

I am hearing from Cobblers fans that Bell is on his way to sixfields.

Would make sense.

Aidy used to play the guy, not going to get into Cov team and lives in Northamptonshire.

No fee involved. Free transfer - we are releasing him

Last edited:

kg82

Really? Surely that would mean we'd have to pay up his contract, or a portion of it?

scroobiustom

OP should read Bell is Cobblers

ericagradus

Really? Surely that would mean we'd have to pay up his contract, or a portion of it?
Mutual termination, could mean no payment. Depends what is agreed.
Best case scenario, Cobblers offer Bell reasonable wage, Bell wants to play first team football and agrees to leave on minimal pay off from Cov.

Personally, on his day, this guy can put a ball in and I don't want to see our squad get too small. We have been very lucky with injuries this season.

kg82

It wouldn't surprise me if Bell's on really decent wages here and if getting rid of him to fund a new striker is the option then get it done!

Gint11

Personally I think he will be good for us in this league providing he gets match fit and plays. It will be interesting to see if he fits in somewhere now. As I am writing this hes scored in the U21 game.

covcity4life

i want to keep him,think he will do very well in league one

we need backup for baker/mcsheffrey, he would do a better job outwide than fleck and it seems perhaps moussa too.

Ashdown1

We spend months and months paying him a Kings ransom while he's catching splinters to release him for nowt as soon as he's back to fitness........................???

ccfc92

Bell scored a hat trick inside first 10 mins against incest for me on fm :p but my initial reaction to this was that he goes on loan to Northampton for fitness

RichieGunns

I have to agree with others. I think he's gone there for match fitness.

Robins obviously thinks he's worth a punt as Bells been making the bench and as we know in the case of Cody, if your not good enough/fit enough, you wont even get onto the bench.

Robins will have probably sent him to the cobblers on the understanding that their manager will play Bell in his first team.

After a month or so, he'll come back here and be given a chance to break into our first team set up.

He is a perfect back up for Baker/McSheffrey and would be a great player in this league in my opinion!

RichieGunns

Bell seems to have done very very well in the under 21's.

Scored one and provided the cross for Wilson's third.

Barton also got one and his initial shot which was blocked was the one that fell for Bells goal!

perfect, dead weight gone, wages freed up, so either Keanu Marsh-Brown or a new striker can come in. One crap player gone, how many are left? FUCKING LOADS!

Ash

I'd be happy to get rid of him, on his day he can put a decent ball in but he seriously lacks pace and he's probably on a fairly high wage. Was astounded when the club renewed his contract!

RichieGunns

Trueskyblueliam & Ash...

As CC4L said this is purely a rumour. It's not a done deal.

And I personally don't think he's a shite as you think he is.

Robins has had him on the bench and he played today for the under 21's, scored one and provided the assist for the 3rd.

I say give him another chance!

I think he's gone there for match fitness.

Robins obviously thinks he's worth a punt as Bells been making the bench and as we know in the case of Cody, if your not good enough/fit enough, you wont even get onto the bench.

Robins will have probably sent him to the cobblers on the understanding that their manager will play Bell in his first team.

After a month or so, he'll come back here and be given a chance to break into our first team set up.

He is a perfect back up for Baker/McSheffrey and would be a great player in this league in my opinion!

Trueskyblueliam & Ash...

.............. ?

mark82

I'd be happy to get rid of him, on his day he can put a decent ball in but he seriously lacks pace and he's probably on a fairly high wage. Was astounded when the club renewed his contract!

David Beckham lacks pace and he has done alright. Wish everyone would stop banging on about wingers needing pace.

Ash

Beckham makes up for his lack of pace in different areas of his game, Bell doesn't!

Ash

Trueskyblueliam & Ash...

And I personally don't think he's a shite as you think he is.

Robins has had him on the bench and he played today for the under 21's, scored one and provided the assist for the 3rd.

I say give him another chance!

I know he hasn't gone anywhere, I was simply stating that I'd be happy for us to get rid of him.

mark82

Beckham makes up for his lack of pace in different areas of his game, Bell doesn't!

All relative. Not saying Bell is as good as Beckham but I reckon he will be one of the better players in this league when back to full fitness.

Ash

A lot said the same about McSheffrey, and barring a few good performances here and there he's generally been quite poor this season.

EDIT: In response to mark82

mark82

A lot said the same about McSheffrey, and barring a few good performances here and there he's generally been quite poor this season.

EDIT: In response to mark82

And lots said Baker not good enough but he has been one of our best players.

Users who are viewing this thread