Believe Nobody, Trust Nobody (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

There is a worrying tendency on this board recently by some (not all - god I hate having to caveat what's so blindingly obvious) to take as a narrative club and SISU statements, without question. That is as dangerous as accepting Hoffman's offer to pay the rent, Wasps as a benevolant charitable organisation who just want to help, and CCC as being totally impartial, with no vested political (small p) interest in pushing towards the Ricoh as a sporting hub.

It is very dangerous to accept at face value public pronouncements from *any* side. They will all come with their own skewing of 'facts' (and facts in this case are rather subjective anyway, as they consist of perspectives rather than actualities) and a desire to get people onside.

Ultimately, laying portions of blame out is unhelpful. All people involved in this debacle should be ashamed of themselves. To happen once is unfortunate, to happen twice...?

*Nobody* involved in this should come out with any credit, or be allowed to forget their duplicitous actions that result in this. Come the end, they should *all* be marginalised from involvement, either direct or indirect, in our club, and we should not rest until the protagonists hold no influence over us whatsoever.

Only, in that way, can we have hope that our club is run in the best interests of the club.

It's shameful, and embarrassing that we come to this not once, but twice.

EVERYBODY OUT!

chiefdave

There is a worrying tendency on this board recently by some (not all - god I hate having to caveat what's so blindingly obvious) to take as a narrative club and SISU statements, without question. That is as dangerous as accepting Hoffman's offer to pay the rent, Wasps as a benevolant charitable organisation who just want to help, and CCC as being totally impartial, with no vested political (small p) interest in pushing towards the Ricoh as a sporting hub.
Can't say I've really seen anyone take everything SISU say at face value. Although we do seem to have gone back to people picking out individual comments made by Fisher to justify the actions of the council and Wasps.

skybluepm2

Can't say I've really seen anyone take everything SISU say at face value. Although we do seem to have gone back to people picking out individual comments made by Fisher to justify the actions of the council and Wasps.

Fisher’s best bits Xmas DVD would be comedy gold to be honest.

skybluetony176

Bloody hell Dave. You’re one of the few that seemed to give a new stadium any sort of credit recently. Even RFC didn’t return for that one.

chiefdave

Bloody hell Dave. You’re one of the few that seemed to give a new stadium any sort of credit recently. Even RFC didn’t return for that one.
Not at all. If anyone is giving the new stadium credit it is the council.

I'm just saying people can't hold up a Fisher statement, use the 'a new ground is plan A' as an example if you like, as 100% factual and a valid reason for other actions to be taken while at the same time ignoring other statements from Fisher, that don't suit their narrative, as Fisher talking bollocks as usual.

Esoterica

I think part of the issue is that SISU’s end game is still not clear. There’s multiple possibilities still - some that are better for us than others with the worst case being disasterous. With wasps and the council it’s a lot less murky these days and their actions to damage the club are finally well documented so they’re getting more people’s ire than before while Sisu’s intent is still fairly shrouded.

Otis

It is very dangerous to accept at face value public pronouncements from *any* side. They will all come with their own skewing of 'facts' (and facts in this case are rather subjective anyway, as they consist of perspectives rather than actualities) and a desire to get people onside.

Ultimately, laying portions of blame out is unhelpful. All people involved in this debacle should be ashamed of themselves. To happen once is unfortunate, to happen twice...?

*Nobody* involved in this should come out with any credit, or be allowed to forget their duplicitous actions that result in this. Come the end, they should *all* be marginalised from involvement, either direct or indirect, in our club, and we should not rest until the protagonists hold no influence over us whatsoever.

Only, in that way, can we have hope that our club is run in the best interests of the club.

EVERYBODY OUT!
In complete agreement with you, NW.

Trust no-one. Take no credence from any statement.

Philosorapter

It has always been a bit Machiavellian with all parties when dealing with each other over the Ricoh.

Best to watch the actions on the playing board of all parties, and take the narrative of what's being said at face value.

The morality of actions in this game has always taken a backward seat.

Last edited:

NorthernWisdom

I think part of the issue is that SISU’s end game is still not clear. There’s multiple possibilities still - some that are better for us than others with the worst case being disasterous. With wasps and the council it’s a lot less murky these days and their actions to damage the club are finally well documented so they’re getting more people’s ire than before while Sisu’s intent is still fairly shrouded.
You know, I'm far more in my comfort zone in my traditional role of pointing out SISU's ills. The thing is, their patterns are pretty predictable. Even in this latest move it's held until the last minute - we've seen this right at the start, with the clock ticking before they bought us! It's not circumstance that gets to that, it's strategy.

And many of the patterns this time out are disturbingly like last time. You say certain elements are now obvious? What more did they have to do last time than parade a bloke in a Sky Blue cowboy hat around the stadium, and suggest he was preferred bidder on conclusion of a successful administration process instigated by ACL?!?

But the ills of others don't excuse the ills of our owners. There are holes metres wide in their styatements, the statements prepared for war as soon as the first SISU one came out, and prepared for ongoing litigation, too. Currently, we're picking a path through the debris, as per last time. It'd be wise not to unquestioningly accept a narrative however.

Any narrative.

ccfcway

Not at all. If anyone is giving the new stadium credit it is the council.

I'm just saying people can't hold up a Fisher statement, use the 'a new ground is plan A' as an example if you like, as 100% factual and a valid reason for other actions to be taken while at the same time ignoring other statements from Fisher, that don't suit their narrative, as Fisher talking bollocks as usual.

Well Boddy is now saying its the only future solution and he's the club not SISU isn't he ?

Coventry City CEO David Boddy hits out after club forced to quit Ricoh Arena

chiefdave

“In the meantime the owners of the club are now faced with trying to build our own stadium.”
Do you disagree with him? Wasps won't talk to the club unless a process SISU / CCFC have no control over is stopped.

Unless you know of another stadium we can use then surely the only remaining option is to try and build our own stadium?

ccfcway

It kind of is if we want to play in Coventry or as close as possible to it.

agreed and it will benefit the club longer term as we will get the revenues.

Time for the owners to start ramping up activity around this and to make public all future requests for help from the council in getting this done

ccfcway

Do you disagree with him? Wasps won't talk to the club unless a process SISU / CCFC have no control over is stopped.

Unless you know of another stadium we can use then surely the only remaining option is to try and build our own stadium?

I want it. I wanted them to do what they said they would do, what they showed us they were going to do, what the set up a committee to do. I want the way back to Coventry to be clear and for us to have a future

Nick

Administrator
Time for the owners to start ramping up activity around this and to make public all future requests for help from the council in getting this done

They did previously and you said you chose to ignore them.....

Again, not just taking what they say as it's 100% truth. You then match it up to other things.

ie. When Duggins kept slipping up on the radio and confirming what SISU were saying rather than what he said previously.

Sky Blue Harry H

It has always been a bit Machiavellian with all parties when dealing with each other over the Ricoh.

Best to watch the actions on the playing board of all parties, and take the narrative of what's being said at face value.

The morality of actions in this game has always taken a backward seat.

We want a graph, we want a graph !!!

Sky Blue Harry H

This is the bit that keeps going round in my head - it's a bit like that old song
'There's a hole in my bucket....'

Warwickhunt

About time the CCRF shared a ground with the insects and sold the Butts to us!

fernandopartridge

EVERYBODY OUT!

I am not taking this post seriously

ccfcway

They did previously and you said you chose to ignore them.....

Again, not just taking what they say as it's 100% truth. You then match it up to other things.

ie. When Duggins kept slipping up on the radio and confirming what SISU were saying rather than what he said previously.

ah that's ok then, they have done their bit. surely you agree now is the time for them to get fans onside and launch a sustained effort to get the council to the table to help find a site ?

Nick

Administrator
ah that's ok then, they have done their bit. surely you agree now is the time for them to get fans onside and launch a sustained effort to get the council to the table to help find a site ?

Fans should be hammering them all to make it happen. As I've said for years.

olderskyblue

In complete agreement with you, NW.

Trust no-one. Take no credence from any statement.

I was about to agree with you, but...not sure you really mean it... :emoji_pensive:

clint van damme

Fans should be hammering them all to make it happen. As I've said for years.

Yep. The council should do everything they can to help them find a site, and if sisu don't then their bluff has been called.
Still think the councils long term objective is the football club (or a phoenix club) at the Ricoh under a new regime

Otis

Yep. The council should do everything they can to help them find a site, and if sisu don't then their bluff has been called.
Still think the councils long term objective is the football club (or a phoenix club) at the Ricoh under a new regime
Yes, I agree.

I don't buy into this council not caring about the football club, I honestly think they do, but do feel they are playing politics in terms of trying to assist in getting anyone one other than Sisu at the helm.

Users who are viewing this thread