Beirut explosion (1 Viewer)

djr8369

Lots of idiots on twitter saying it’s a nuclear blast. It’s just a case study on why we have health and safety standards lots of regulation.

wingy

Lots of idiots on twitter saying it’s a nuclear blast. It’s just a case study on why we have health and safety standards lots of regulation.
They haven't even had chance to establish anything yet .
That best and last footage doesn't capture the start.
Not long after admittedly .
Understandable speculation I suppose given the history and geography.

Evo1883

If it was nuclear they'd have alot more to worry about over there right now

Nick

Administrator
Got an alert on my phone saying at least 25 dead. If it's anywhere close to that low it will be a miracle.

Evo1883

Got an alert on my phone saying at least 25 dead. If it's anywhere close to that low it will be a miracle.

2500 injured or in hospital so I'd expect a big rise

People also trapped still

Evo1883

I'm not sure the governer saying it reminded him of hiroshima(a bomb that killed 80,000 on impact) was needed.. As it's absolutely nothing alike

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Some of the footage is mad. Reminded me of the twin towers a bit some of the close up ones.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was deliberate with all the shit going on round there recently.

Don't want to see the injured figures, could be huge.

Frank Sidebottom

About 2700 tonnes of ammonium nitrate stored in a warehouse for 6 years caught fire.

2 tonnes of ammonium nitrate was used in the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing which killed 168 and destroyed or damaged buildings in a 16 block radius.

Last edited:

wingy

You can see why some may have thought Nuclear from the footage from different vantage points
Huge white domed shockwave.

hill83

Can't believe how big the explosion was. All the footage of stuff like this we get now. Imagine if 9/11 was happened these days how much footage we would have.

wingy

Can't believe how big the explosion was. All the footage of stuff like this we get now. Imagine if 9/11 was happened these days how much footage we would have.
There's a bit missing that would put the locals minds at rest
And that's footage of the initial start of the first explosion

Something expert's will analyse , might come from a fixed security camera on sabuilding.
Until something like that is available conspiracies.will remain

David O'Day

There's a bit missing that would put the locals minds at rest
And that's footage of the initial start of the first explosion

Something expert's will analyse , might come from a fixed security camera on sabuilding.
Until something like that is available conspiracies.will remain

Reports say it was a fire not an explosion at first.

Governor of Beirut was talking about a number of firefighters who were at the site fighting the fire when it exploded

Johnnythespider

Just had a chap on bbc news, he said following a similar explosion in France in 2001 a study was carried out here to look at how much amonia nitrate could be stored safely on farms and the like, he also said that it needs to come into contact with a fuel oil and an ignition source, plenty of that in a port i should think.

wingy

Can't help but feel for the people here,seeing them give their accounts on TV

However being flippant here and wishing no harm to anyone

Looking at the many news segments today I think they may have been wiser to transfer it all into the Silo's and the grain into the warehouses,which are still just about standing.
Of course they may have set off for the moon or Mars.
Or been blown up due to the politics of the region.

Users who are viewing this thread