Beirut explosion (1 Viewer)

Johnnythespider

People saying this is a fireworks factory, surely that's wrong. This is a huge explosion.

hill83

There was a video years back of a firework factory explosion that was even bigger than that. Can't remember where it was though.

Edit: On a second watch maybe not quite as big tbf

Second edit: Maybe bigger tbf

Nick

Administrator
Looks like something from a marvel film.

It doesn't look as flamey as the one in China.

Nick

Administrator

That doesn't look like fireworks to be fair, unless of course its where all the explosives were kept.

Johnnythespider

On the footage i put in the OP you can see smaller explosions going off before the blast, could be fireworks i suppose, anybody know why the plume is red

Evo1883

Looks like most the buildings in the immediate area have been hammered... Surprised if no deaths tbh

lifeskyblue

That looks frighteningly bad. Just hope casualties are less than feared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tommo1993

On the footage i put in the OP you can see smaller explosions going off before the blast, could be fireworks i suppose, anybody know why the plume is red

Was sort of thinking would fireworks release that redness so fast, even with the force of that explosion?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Was sort of thinking would fireworks release that redness so fast, even with the force of that explosion?

Could it be the massive explosion took out the store of whatever they use to create red sparks, resulting in the red cloud?

Tommo1993

Could it be the massive explosion took out the store of whatever they use to create red sparks, resulting in the red cloud?

Don’t know. We’re talking pressures, volumes, areas and time now. Way out of my depth so I fold. Wish I didn’t post that thought.

David O'Day

Showed the video on bbc news and they've cut it down so it doesn't show it on fire before hand or the small what looks like fireworks before the explosion

CJ_covblaze

It was felt in Cyprus apparently which is a few hundred KM away.

Evo1883

Sodium nitrate was confiscated months ago at the port and stored there apparantly

larry_david

You can hear it getting louder before the big one. And wow for a split second you see buildings just pulverised before the cloud covers it.

Marty

Amazing footage, exactly what you'd expect a fireworks explosion to look like, big fire until it hits the explosive stuff. Guessing the red smoke is caused by the different chemicals they stick in the fireworks?

djr8369

Some officials apparently quoted that some chemicals were being stored nearby before disposal. Astonishing and terrifying footage.

Users who are viewing this thread