Behind closed doors friendly (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Is this because of the poor behaviour of our crowd at Nuneaton? Or how do we feel about him saying that without attacking options we can't play real friendlies?

http://mobile.ccfc.co.uk//news/article/press-watch-tony-mowbray-coventry-city-160715-2551758.aspx

He didn't say that though did he?

They are playing a 11 v 11 intra-squad friendly, they could have arranged another match but chose to do this instead as they have better control of the players minutes, in the full article he mentions it means he can give the senior players more minutes in the match than what they would have got in a regular friendly.

Also its behind closed doors as there's no ones really interested in watching what is effectively Coventry v Coventry reserves.

Sky Blue Pete

The first comment was tongue in cheek, the second part is not. I think he is almost saying that without proper attacking options he prefers not to play against other teams

Hobo

Is this because of the poor behaviour of our crowd at Nuneaton? Or how do we feel about him saying that without attacking options we can't play real friendlies?

http://mobile.ccfc.co.uk//news/article/press-watch-tony-mowbray-coventry-city-160715-2551758.aspx

there was no trouble at Nuneaton just a bit of childish behaviour by a few immature fans trying to give it large.

if you click on the link and read the out takes from the interview it does read like you say about the lack of strikers...but if you click on the next link to read the article in full it doesn't read like that at all.

Games behind closed doors are not unusual. For instance it could mean if the want they could have one half of sixty minutes and one of thirty. Or they could have a break every 20 mins for coaching inputs. Also it could be to give any trialists a game without the attendace of scouts. I remember when we had the Ndlovu bros the fans thought we were going to sign Peters brother because he was the one getting reserve games not Peter. But it was because they thought Peter was so special they wanted to keep him under wraps.

skybluetony176

Surely a good way to look at your entire squad over a 90 minute period. Don't we do this every pre season like every other club in the world?

Sterling Archer

This has to be the most paranoid website on the planet. Only on here can you get someone trying to twist and turn the reasons behind a intra-squad friendly.

Keep it up chaps, makes for entertaining reading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stupot07

I've heard we're winning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

stupot07

would be interested to know the teams. Anyway of you finding out stupot07.

I think Kieran Crowley's going to put a report on the offal later :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

SlowerThanPlatt

An intense 11v11 match was played out at Ryton training ground as another step towards match fitness was taken.

The match ended with a 5-2 scoreline in the 70-minute match which included some great strikes from Devon Kelly-Evans and Aaron Phillips.

Chris Stokes headed home within the first five minutes before Jack Finch found the net, following up a double save from Reice Charles-Cook, to put their side into a two-goal lead.

Just past the half-hour, Romain Vincelot, who covered 9km in the game, headed home a James Maddison corner before Devon Kelly-Evans ran at the defence, turned past three and fired an incredible shot home to make it 2-2.

Just after half-time, Maddison turned the ball home after a great move down the right involving Vincelot and Marcus Tudgay before Aaron Phillips slammed the ball home in the 61st minute, after a corner wasn't cleared.

In the final kick of the game, the substitute trialist raced through to slot the ball past Lee Burge to complete the game and the scoreline.

It turned out to be a valuable fitness exercise for the squad who averaged the same distance as a normal pre-season game, thanks to the data from the StatSports equipment.

Watch all the goals from Ryton on Sky Blues Player later today...

Teams

CCFC1 XI: Charles-Cook, Harries, Martin, Dion Kelly-Evans, Phillips, Devon Kelly-Evans, Stevenson (Trialist), Fleck, Vincelot, Maddison, Tudgay.

CCFC2 XI: Burge, Stokes, Ricketts, Johnson, Willis, Finch, Lawton, Swanson, O'Brien, Lameiras, Thomas.

Read more at http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/...oventry-city-2553320.aspx#6TMTGzpyF1woJWwj.99

stupot07

Told you we won

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

So going by that the first choice back 5 conceded 5 to the first choice CM's and top 2.

Scrap the striker search get another dozen defenders in!!

simonregis

The first comment was tongue in cheek, the second part is not. I think he is almost saying that without proper attacking options he prefers not to play against other teams

Maybe also he doesn't want to risk injuries like Conor Thomas. I don't know why people go over board about pre-season friendlies. It's not a real match but the supporters want it to be treated as if it were. Managers can't win

Si80

Do we know who the trialist Stevenson is?

Scratch that, it's Ben Stevenson isn't it and he was replaced by the trialist! Carry on, nothing to see here :whistle:

Samo

can anyone with skyblue player check if the last goalscorer was Lameiras?!

It wasn't. He started the game, the trialist who scored came on as a sub for Stevenson.

woody11462

can anyone with skyblue player check if the last goalscorer was Lameiras?!

Just watched it, sounds like someone calls him Tony as he is running through but could be mistaken. H's on the far side of the field so would struggle to identify him.

woody11462

Was it a good goal?

Not bad, played through on the break from a defensive corner I think. Took it early and surprised Burge (Some will have a field day on here with that!) looked like he poked it with hos toe but considering he'd just come on he didn't look lightning quick.

Kelly-Evans goal was class though and Phillips smashed his in.

covcity4life

we should all chip in for a sky blue player account that can be used for sky blue talk members!

nick can take the money. 10p each for 45 memmbers!

Users who are viewing this thread