Beer in your seat (1 Viewer)

Esoterica

giphy.gif

chiefdave

Technology defiantly exists to order from your seat via an app and have it delivered to you. Did it years ago when I was at MSG for the ice hockey. If the tech worked fine 7 years ago it certainly shouldn't be a problem now.

shmmeee

Technology defiantly exists to order from your seat via an app and have it delivered to you. Did it years ago when I was at MSG for the ice hockey. If the tech worked fine 7 years ago it certainly shouldn't be a problem now.

I guess it requires more staff and therefore lower pay/increased profit margins? Manpower in retail/entertainment seems to be free for the Yanks.

ccfc92

I think drinking in stands should be trialled. It may help stop downing 10 pints before 3pm, because you know that you can't basically drink for 90 mins.

It sounds like a good initiative, all to reduce Covid infections of course :oops:😜

hill83

8 Stellas, 5 double gin & tonics, 2 bottles of red, 2 pints Thatchers Gold and a bag of dry roasted please.

And a Guinness.

shmmeee

New ground could have those vacuum tubes in every seat like they have in banks.

CoventryUSA

Because our lot get too drunk and can't be trusted. It would be absolute carnage. Cups of piss getting thrown everywhere and all sorts.

Not like we haven't had issues. See Bottlegate. And I certainly have been in a fair number of beer showers after goals at MLS matches. Never a cup of piss though. Feel like that can be policed out these days.

bottlegate5jpg-d07438bc7609c7ec.jpg

Mucca Mad Boys

Would actually make buying a beer in the football stadium worthwhile. Personally, I don’t really drink in the stadium - expensive, long queues and poorly poured beers. It’s a no from me.

Terry_dactyl

I'd just have the beer on a giant conveyor belt going round the stadium. Working class Sushi.
I’m sure St Pauli used to have a ‘sausage train’ that did something similar and beer kegs attached to the seats in front so you could help yourself at any time.

SBT

Been to many a game in the US where you can drink throughout. It usually ends with me absolutely hammered and/or covered in beer when there's a goal. Which is one thing when you're in the summer heat of New York, but quite another when it's November in Birmingham.

Weirdly enough, there's something quite reassuring about the ritual of having to pack it all in before the game/during half time.

Esoterica

I’m sure St Pauli used to have a ‘sausage train’ that did something similar and beer kegs attached to the seats in front so you could help yourself at any time.
We have many pubs out here that have self service taps on the tables too. Not sure if that ever took off back home? Then the 'score' for each table is shown on the projector screen.

1596555499052.png

CJ_covblaze

As long as any of those over the top beer throwing wankers are banned.

For normal people, yeah it is a great idea.

100%. Never got the appeal of throwing beer around in concourses or in the stands. What’s the point?

CoventryUSA

Been to many a game in the US where you can drink throughout. It usually ends with me absolutely hammered and/or covered in beer when there's a goal. Which is one thing when you're in the summer heat of New York, but quite another when it's November in Birmingham.

Weirdly enough, there's something quite reassuring about the ritual of having to pack it all in before the game/during half time.

Fair point. As hot as it is here in Tennessee, the beer showers can be quite refreshing.

CJ_covblaze

View attachment 16325
Yeah don't really fancy this everytime we win a corner.

It’s when there’s a goal from a penalty, corner or free kick that frustrates me the most. If you’re holding a beer when a goal happens in open play it’s kinda understandable why it might get launched upwards. Why even hold it when a set piece is happening though?

RingoCCFC

It’s allowed in Rugby and it’s allowed here in Australia too. Just English football fans get too excited and rowdy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah just a different type of rowdy! I’d take someone getting edged out over what I seen here in Canada at a Toronto game they get excited just cringely! ‘let’s go Toronto’ every time they I pulled the same face I pull eating sour sweets! 😂🤣

The Great Eastern

Been to a few top rugby games at Twickenham and the City of London stadium in the last few years and beer drinking rugby fans are a total pain in the bollocks. They're forever getting up for another tray of beers for them and their mates then many times going off to the bog to make more space for the next set of lagers to be bought. You simply can't get to concentrate on the game. Really dont need that at a footy game.

Users who are viewing this thread