Been to a Portuguese first division game (1 Viewer)

Mcbean

CF24B635-47AA-4560-8553-A24F4A897EEF.jpeg have been in Madeira and we went to a Maritimo v Boavista game they lost 1-0 good goal by BV tickets were 15 to 25 euros however didn’t need any as when we were looking for the ticket office a young guy gave us two tickets free of charge - he got two spare tickets for the last game as he had a season ticket - 40 euros !!!!
Their league is a bit like the jocks - three strong teams and the rest - most if Madeirans seem to support Benfica so this game had nothing in it just position mid table

The only player I knew was Vukovic- Croatian national team other players were Brazilian and Argie with only one local . Game was fast and boy we could do with their pace but defenders were league 2 clunkers and some tackles were pretty heavy - a load of bookings including their goalie for wasting time - was amazing as soon as the ball was with the keeper the locals were getting onto him for time wasting and he got booked - quite frankly he could not have been any quicker !! So after the match with about 4K locals and 60 from Boavista ( remember they have to come by plane ) went downtown and there were more people with Benfica shirts than Maritimo - weird

So no trouble - no alcohol some singing by a group of 30 locals and sadly a low key walkround for the players with their families having lost - I think know that feeling but in whole for us a nice experience to see something different

Covkid1968#

Good insight ....I love going to games in Europe... don’t do it as much as I used to. Rapid Vienna was my fave.

Sick Boy

I was supposed to be off to see Hellas Verona in the Serie B play-off quarter final last night but ended up being roped into going to the in-laws this weekend. Got the semi-final first leg to look forward to on Wednesday now though ;)

Liquid Gold

Good insight ....I love going to games in Europe... don’t do it as much as I used to. Rapid Vienna was my fave.
Went to the Vienna derby a few years ago. Austria were the home team but it was played in the national stadium. There we're only a couple thousand Rapid fans but they made a hell of a lot of noise, smoke bombs and noise bombs all game. Although they were a bit quieter after they conceded a 92nd minute equaliser.

Sick Boy

Went to the Vienna derby a few years ago. Austria were the home team but it was played in the national stadium. There we're only a couple thousand Rapid fans but they made a hell of a lot of noise, smoke bombs and noise bombs all game. Although they were a bit quieter after they conceded a 92nd minute equaliser.
You get those noise bombs a lot in Italy, they’re brilliant!

Covkid1968#

Saw Ajax trounce Rosendaal a few years back 6- nil. Have started following our local team in Spain of late and watched them win 1 nil recently........the mighty Elche CF of the Segunda !!
Yeah I’ve done the same with Spain... Huercal Overra is my local team. Further down from Elche. Just sold my villa but will probably get one in the same area because I love going to the games.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Saw Ajax trounce Rosendaal a few years back 6- nil. Have started following our local team in Spain of late and watched them win 1 nil recently........the mighty Elche CF of the Segunda !!

I go and watch Mallorca about once a year. Went to see them play Elche almost two years ago to the day.

90+3 winner didn't make a difference as both teams got relegated to Segunda B - the equivalent of League 1, but the ability of Conference North!

CJ_covblaze

Done a fair few club games abroad. Best one was probably Hammarby v AIK.

scottccfc

iv seen Mallorca play twice, once against Germany in a pre world cup friendly middle of may absolutely hammered it down all game and then against Seville, the Mallorca team had Samuel eto'o in the squad at the time.

ccfctommy

Went to see Tenerife Vs Granada in December. Second time I've watched them. Love the subtle differences between watching football abroad and here.

fernandopartridge

Watched Malaga v Villareal in the warmth of early September, the year we had exactly the same kit as Malaga. The game was really dull and there were no away fans whatsoever and no real atmosphere.

Watched Hertha Berlin v Stuttgart on a Friday night which was great, good atmosphere, drinking allowed on the terraces and a decent game.

Users who are viewing this thread