Is Bedworth Suitable

• Yes

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • No

Votes: 35 72.9%

• Total voters

Spionkop

Sorry for ignoring the Yes/No thing.
I think the Bedworth Oval scenario is an interesting one.
Let me say I'm not advocating it. Bedworth is Bedworth.
But it is VERY close to Coventry. Sisu could have easily approached the relevant people and organised a couple of temporary stands there in time for the start of this season. In the great scheme of things the financial outlay for them would have been small. It would have gone along with their leaving the Ricoh strategy but stayed as close as they could to the immediate Coventry area. And not alienating as many fans as they have - 95% of us.
It wouldn't have been ideal. Some fans wouldn't have liked it. But it would have been miles better than Northampton. A temporary home at Bedworth would have housed say 12,000....They didn't do it. Probably because it would cost them.
It says a lot about their thinking. It further convinces me they have no serious intent about building a new ground.

CJ_covblaze

Sorry for ignoring the Yes/No thing.
I think the Bedworth Oval scenario is an interesting one.
Let me say I'm not advocating it. Bedworth is Bedworth.
But it is VERY close to Coventry. Sisu could have easily approached the relevant people and organised a couple of temporary stands there in time for the start of this season. In the great scheme of things the financial outlay for them would have been small. It would have gone along with their leaving the Ricoh strategy but stayed as close as they could to the immediate Coventry area. And not alienating as many fans as they have - 95% of us.
It wouldn't have been ideal. Some fans wouldn't have liked it. But it would have been miles better than Northampton. A temporary home at Bedworth would have housed say 12,000....They didn't do it. Probably because it would cost them.
It says a lot about their thinking. It further convinces me they have no serious intent about building a new ground.

Agree with most of this. However they'd struggle to find space for stands to house that amount. Haven't been there for a couple of years but from memory the only place they could erect a stand of any decent size is on the car park behind the goal. I'm on my phone atm so can anyone else post a screenshot of Google Earth?

Flying Fokker

No way would it accomodate 12000. 6000 would be pushing it.

The Oval is what it says on the tin. Think Withdean without the running track. Clubhouse on one side and a stand for about 300 on the other. There is a hill at one end of the pitch and flatter at the other end. The Butts Park Arena is better.

I am not in favour of any of this moving from the Ricoh. It is a purpose built arena with an area so much more suited to large crowds and the occasional trouble that happens. I cannot see the benefit of bringing football back in to towns.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=CV12+8NN&ie=UTF8&z=17

Last edited:

Grendel

The 90% plus not going to Sixfields will say No.
The rest will say yes.
Poll finished.

So you believe that you can speak for 9,000 people - well you can't. Yes that would be fine by me and its obvious if say there was currently an 8,000 capacity ground in Bedworth or Nuneaton we'd get far more than Northampton.

Spionkop

It's called debate and discussion Nick. You know, what people do on forums.
CJ, yes, it'd be tight. I'm just speculating. I'm pretty sure Sisu had it on their radar. Threw it in to ponder on a much better opportunity Sisu didn't take.
Flying, yeah Butts better. But in Coventry and the council wouldn't give permission.
Personally I'd love a ground at the Butts. So central. Think how many thousands of people could walk to it.
Sure, it would present challenges, but lots of advantages.
I was in Newcastle this week and drove past Newcastle's ground. Right in the centre. Reminded me what a great ground it is. Apart from that place up in the sky where they put away fans.

torchomatic

No, not for me.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

beduth

If you think about ,the Ricoh was closer to Beduth than most suburbs in Cov , only the M6 divided the two places .

Last edited:

James Smith

No!..........

Sutty

I'd have no problems with a stadium in Bedworth.

Out of interest, how many of those opposed to Coventry City playing in Bedworth are off to see the Bedworth-based Coventry City Ladies this weekend?

Noggin

I'd have no problems with a stadium in Bedworth.

Out of interest, how many of those opposed to Coventry City playing in Bedworth are off to see the Bedworth-based Coventry City Ladies this weekend?

a hell of alot more than are willing to travel to bedworth to watch them

James Smith

Thanks everyone for their responses.. I can't understand why no one said nothing about the ladies team playing there, but now want to watch them because they're playing at the home of CCFC..

(I am not having a dig at anyone just my opinion)
Possibly because they're playing the match in Coventry, where we should be playing. I'd love to see a bit of "Girl on Girl action" (to quote from Hot Fuzz) but sadly I'm working all weekend.

standupforcity

To answer this question either way would mean I accept the idea of a new stadium and support SISU, and I don't...not in any way shape or form!!!

valiant15

Bedworth? Is Bedworth in Coventry you twat? I noticed the majority of people who agreed to this are sisu cock suckers. Surprise surprise
Do you cock suckers come from Coventry or are you outsider's? Its Coventry City deck heads not Bedworth, warwick, rugby etc

CCFC PimpRail

Would the attendance be higher, because they've all got two heads in Bedrock...?

Then again, this would be offset by having to have wider seats for the local women to sit on, some of them ain't what youd call "petite". At least half-time donuts sales would be up....

RoboCCFC90

Bedworth? Is Bedworth in Coventry you twat? I noticed the majority of people who agreed to this are sisu cock suckers. Surprise surprise
Do you cock suckers come from Coventry or are you outsider's? Its Coventry City deck heads not Bedworth, warwick, rugby etc

Not its not but since since you feel so strongly about it, did you ever protest the women's Football Club playing their games there?

Flying Fokker

Not read the other posts, but the area in Exhall, formerly the Hawkesbury Golf course may be an option. Planning permission for houses is being sought.

Or perhaps even the former Lex Wilkinson/ Bookers site at Bermuda Park.

Oh well. It was wishful thinking at the time. I don't think it is a goer anyway.

J

Jack Griffin

No definitely not.

I think anyway siting it N of M6 would result in a long term decline in crowds & status.. many people have said the Ricoh was too far out of town.. well this idea takes the biscuit!

Flying Fokker

Hold on a sec. We are talking about Sixfields or Warwickshire. Coventry was in Warwickshire and that would be good enough for me.

Calista

No. Why should the people of Bedworth host COVENTRY’S FOOTBALL TEAM and put up with all the hassle (including hordes of visiting fans every fortnight if we are still in the Football League by then) when the city has a first-class stadium of its own?

If this turns out to be the plan, it’s a gross insult. To anyone going to the Forum, please include “must be in Coventry” at the top of the list of requirements.

skybluetony176

No. Why should the people of Bedworth host COVENTRY’S FOOTBALL TEAM and put up with all the hassle (including hordes of visiting fans every fortnight if we are still in the Football League by then) when the city has a first-class stadium of its own?

If this turns out to be the plan, it’s a gross insult. To anyone going to the Forum, please include “must be in Coventry” at the top of the list of requirements.

i aint even from Coventry and i realise that, it beggars belief that some natives of Coventry don't.

Its basically in Coventry as it has a CV postcode. I think the site may be Green Belt Land however. Not certain but if it is, I don't think you can build on it. If you can, theres a lot of red tape to go thru. It would be ideal for me cus its a 10 minute walk from my house. Easily accessible, possible traffic issues tho

Kneeza

Its basically in Coventry as it has a CV postcode. I think the site may be Green Belt Land however. Not certain but if it is, I don't think you can build on it. If you can, theres a lot of red tape to go thru. It would be ideal for me cus its a 10 minute walk from my house. Easily accessible, possible traffic issues tho
Yeahh. My PE postcode means I live in Peterborough, doesn't it?
Jeez.

Specs WT-R75

No definitely not.

I think anyway siting it N of M6 would result in a long term decline in crowds & status.. many people have said the Ricoh was too far out of town.. well this idea takes the biscuit!

I don't get it to be honest.

Of course we all want to return to Ricoh. Of course in an ideal world if a stadium is built it should be inside Coventry. The reality is that CCC will not allow that.

Given the above I doubt there are few sites closer to Coventry without actually being in Coventry and it is a stones throw from the Ricoh... I still don't think the site will get PP but if not the reality is that future sites that are proposed will end up even further away like gipsy lane etc...

It is a lose lose lose situation...

However if it turns out that N&BBC are serious about considering PP then it might force CCC hand into opening up meaningful discussions about Ricoh freehold/99yr lease...

jagman

There's no way the Bedworth oval is suitable, 1, the ground is to small, 2, there is no parking and 3,there is no room for expansion of either (unless you decide to rip up the Miners Welfare Park ) which will not happen. It is a non-starter and I cannot see Sisu even thinking about it or mentioning it.
As for the disparaging remarks about Bedworth while I agree it Is not perfect there are far worse places to live eg Woodend, Bell Green, and Stoke for example.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

There's no way the Bedworth oval is suitable, 1, the ground is to small, 2, there is no parking and 3,there is no room for expansion of either (unless you decide to rip up the Miners Welfare Park ) which will not happen. It is a non-starter and I cannot see Sisu even thinking about it or mentioning it.
As for the disparaging remarks about Bedworth while I agree it Is not perfect there are far worse places to live eg Woodend, Bell Green, and Stoke for example.

i agree all the towns of the Potteries are terrible

Users who are viewing this thread