Bedwetting but (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

So 'random on sbt' wrong to bedwet last year, but right to this year?!

As for 'it was clear we had more'.

I know, I was one of the ones saying itat the time!

Clearly there's a difference this season, but there's no difference in the reaction, which is funny despite everything else that's going on.
tbh we had less last season, it was just Gyokeres chose to be absolutely sensational, and then Hamer decided to join in a bit later.

Bit of a risk to depend on two players season on season though! Growing pains were inevitable.

Ian1779

Oh I'm not disputing the results. Just feel as though we were actually creating a decent number of chances and playing some okay stuff. Other than Leicester, haven't seen that so far.
We’re not getting up the pitch quick enough, something that both Gyokeres and Hamer could do often on their own.

Jamesimus

We’re not getting up the pitch quick enough, something that both Gyokeres and Hamer could do often on their own.

It is all very slow and pedestrian and our ability to play that final ball seems to be nonexistent. I realise we are retaining the ball quite well which is different to last season, but necessary?We did have a spell in the first half where we moved the ball quickly and looked a lot better for it.

Marty

I wouldn't mind if we were playing well and creating chances but losing, but we're not, we're playing poorly, don't look like a cohesive team, no match winners. Wright shrugging his shoulders is starting to piss me off as well.

The new signings are largely a downgrade on what we had last season.

McNally is superior to Thomas.
Doyle is better than Binks and probably Kitching.
Wilson is better than Collins.

Can't even be bothered to go through the rest of the signings, but MVE is probably the only improvement on what we had last season. The team don't even look fit.

We've spent a fortune, and got next to nothing in return. Someone like Dan Barlaser at Middlesbrough could have come in for a modest fee and is a solid Championship midfielder.

steve cooper

When you look at us we look utter shite

-The midfield is pedestrian and dead on its feet by 70 every game
-Injuries
-Haji Wright is a serious donkey. Really awful waste of money, leaving us with Godden and A misfiring Simms as goalscorers
-The defence cannot play out from the back like we did last year, the amount of times we just make pointless cut out passes
-we've been leathered over the equivalent of 2 full games, by Cardiff, Hull and Huddersfield. They wont be any higher than mid table

I am starting to get really really worried that we have had our biggest window of opportunity to invest and push this club forward in 20 years, and we've spaffed the lot up the wall and ended up fighting at the wrong end of the table come April

Im sure il get abuse for this, but after a conversation earlier I think a few more of you may be worried. Its not a happy camp, its a quiet, shy camp and those who have been here a while have concerns at the level of player they now have as colleagues
I think this may be most of the problem, ignoring the quality of the new signings, the team has lost their togetherness due to so many new players.

skybluecam

Im sure il get abuse for this, but after a conversation earlier I think a few more of you may be worried. Its not a happy camp, its a quiet, shy camp and those who have been here a while have concerns at the level of player they now have as colleagues
“Those who have been here a while” are largely League One quality players themselves! I struggle to believe they’re somehow worried about the quality of what were on paper quality championship options.

sylus

i question Robin's training, i mean what the fuck are they doing in training, looks to me like they do there own thing

Saddlebrains

“Those who have been here a while” are largely League One quality players themselves! I struggle to believe they’re somehow worried about the quality of what were on paper quality championship options.

Its more the fact that the level of quality they have as teammates this year compared to last is noticeably worse even day in day out in training

NorthernWisdom

I mean, I get you’re upset with them, but if that’s what the physios say they need, I’d rather that then risk more injuries to a squad that’s already knackered. It’s training, not detention.
One thing you can always say about Robins' teams while he's been here is they've been trained to finish the season strongly. Can question the injuries we get, but not sure we can question that he gets them fit.

(As a small aside, this also could be why we're starting a bit slowly, as we do seem more... drilled than many, and new players will take time to buy in to it)

SBT

Yes, that fee will be what the new recruitment team have to work with next summer.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
After several hours going through his old scouting folders from St Albans, Dean Austin realises he’s got enough money to bring in Hudlin on a five year deal, the guy who drives Barnsley’s team bus, and a timeshare on a lovely beach house in Crimea.

Brighton Sky Blue

I mean, I get you’re upset with them, but if that’s what the physios say they need, I’d rather that then risk more injuries to a squad that’s already knackered. It’s training, not detention.
That wouldn’t preclude bringing them in for a team meeting.

saveitforthewombles

Its more the fact that the level of quality they have as teammates this year compared to last is noticeably worse even day in day out in training
Well we don't have two players worth a combined £35mn in the team, no. But Robins has been saying that the quality of players will come through. Van Ewijk is an upgrade on Dabo. I think Da Silva is an upgrade on Bidwell. Centre-halves - last year they weren't our players. The three we've brought in will develop into a solid unit. We miss Gus. And O'Hare. Sakamoto is tidy. Upfront - hoping they come good. Simms is highly thought of at both Everton and Sunderland.

napolimp

Weird to say that we should be a lot better because we've brought in £20 million worth of players, ignoring the fact that we've lost £35 million worth of players. Doesn't matter that they only cost a couple million, they were worth a whole lot more when they left.

saveitforthewombles

It takes time to build a team. The last one took 3 years. There's no quick fix. It's not a lack of effort/lack of team meetings or even lack of ability. It's time learning from games, training etc. We are still missing some key links in the chain but I think there's a lot of over-reaction given we're not even through September yet. Thought we looked OK at Swansea, played well at home to 'Boro, could have won at leicester. Cardiff was poor - but could still have gone either way. Last night - not great but they were 20 seconds from winning. Hull away - could have won there too. So it really isn't all bad. It just isn't clicking fully yet (which will take time)

Jamesimus

We really didn't.

This place after the Norwich game was the most despondent I'd seen fans since the League 2 days.
Still think we were playing better than we currently are.

I'm not worried about relegation, was just hoping for mid table at least. We will definitely have a better second half of the season if we can get MVE, Sheaf and O'Hare back and fit.

Grendel

Weird to say that we should be a lot better because we've brought in £20 million worth of players, ignoring the fact that we've lost £35 million worth of players. Doesn't matter that they only cost a couple million, they were worth a whole lot more when they left.

It was our decision not to spend the hamer money and still doesn’t explain your bizarre logic we can operate in first gear this season and push on next which implies the players will naturally evolve and improve - it’s a foolish logic

Hertsccfc

Well we don't have two players worth a combined £35mn in the team, no. But Robins has been saying that the quality of players will come through. Van Ewijk is an upgrade on Dabo. I think Da Silva is an upgrade on Bidwell. Centre-halves - last year they weren't our players. The three we've brought in will develop into a solid unit. We miss Gus. And O'Hare. Sakamoto is tidy. Upfront - hoping they come good. Simms is highly thought of at both Everton and Sunderland.
I agree with a lot of this. However, I didn't care that last year the centre halves weren't our players. They played well for that year and helped to take us the verge of the Premier League.

I don't get the obsession with having our own players. There seems to be an assumption that they will all develop and become assets but it's perfectly possible that many of them won't. I don't understand the aversion to loans. We are far weaker this year and lack the quality that many loans bring.

Last edited:

thekidfromstrettoncamp

IMO we have to get our midfield players back playing and then you will see a big diffence.Any side would struggle having player of the class of O'hare,Sheff and Allen out of the side.When they return I feel sure things will change completely.You only had to see the differene Allen made when he came on last night.
We all know that last minute goal was a sickener had we not conceded that we would have been sitting 3 point off the play offs and looking forward to getting a good points haul from the next 3 games.Don't worry it wlll come good .The season is not a sprint.

Matt smith

Doesn’t bode well for a lower mid table finish

just want the season to end being in this division, go again next summer with a proper recruitment team

Ccfcisparks

Doesn’t bode well for a lower mid table finish

just want the season to end being in this division, go again next summer with a proper recruitment team
Honestly how do you get about in life being so pessimistic. We are 8 games into the season. Just relax.

Macca

IMO we have to get our midfield players back playing and then you will see a big diffence.Any side would struggle having player of the class of O'hare,Sheff and Allen out of the side.When they return I feel sure things will change completely.You only had to see the differene Allen made when he came on last night.
We all know that last minute goal was a sickener had we not conceded that we would have been sitting 3 point off the play offs and looking forward to getting a good points haul from the next 3 games.Don't worry it wlll come good .The season is not a sprint.

I was pretty peeved before their equaliser to be fair

Users who are viewing this thread