Bedwetters here only ! (1 Viewer)

exiled_to_Leeds

I get the urge to take the piss out of people who are relentlessly negative, but finding ourselves in this situation a week into the season does fill me with dread.

You cannot pretend selling the two players involved in 75% of our goals last season is anything other than a massive risk. While Vik was always going to leave, we have at least had some time to replace him. Strikers will always be different to each other, but I would argue that having Simms or Wright up front means we only have to adapt our style to accommodate them, rather than overhaul it.

I am not sure the same can be said for losing Gus. His work not only going forward with assists, but also defensively where he won balls around our box and had the quality to be able to transition from defence to attack will be hugely missed. I don't see us being able to replace that with a 'ready to go' signing. A player who can drop into the side and deliver from day one will be asking for money than we offered Gus, even leaving aside the fee we will need to pay. I have always said we are out of sync with the 'develop/replace' strategy. The time for finding and signing his replacement was 18 months ago.

I get it is possible to 'Moneyball' out of this situation and replace his stats with two players, but where does that leave the system? Replacing Gus with two players means a return to the box midfield (no bad thing!) but where does that sit with the recruitment strategy? It seems to make no sense spending what we have on Simms and Wright only to use a system with a lone striker.

Robins and Adi are a superb team, and I am sure that the loss of Gus has always been a possibility so there will at least be an outline for how we move forward. The huge turnover in the squad will mean that things are going to take a while to settle down. Everyone needs to accept this and trust Robins and team will get things back to where we want them. I can't help but worry that as us fans have done their bit with record season ticket sales there will be an expectation we will pick up where we left off last season.

While I think we can get to somewhere close to that this year with a few more quality additions to the squad, the combination of a stronger league this season and what looks to be a disrupted start to the campaign will mean at least short term frustration for us.

clint van damme

This bed wetter label only applies if anyone suggests any negativity whatsoever…..
Personally I think the biggest bed wetters in life are those who are forever there bent over with their pants down whilst everyone goes balls deep and you don’t even raise your eyebrows.
Fuck it I’m disappointed , it’s not life changing, but I’m not ashamed to say I’m not celebrating the fact we’ve lost our two best players……

Nah, there's plenty on here who go straight into bed wetting mode over the slightest adversity and haven't learned a single fucking thing from last season, fucking fannies.

clint van damme

I get the urge to take the piss out of people who are relentlessly negative, but finding ourselves in this situation a week into the season does fill me with dread.

You cannot pretend selling the two players involved in 75% of our goals last season is anything other than a massive risk. While Vik was always going to leave, we have at least had some time to replace him. Strikers will always be different to each other, but I would argue that having Simms or Wright up front means we only have to adapt our style to accommodate them, rather than overhaul it.

I am not sure the same can be said for losing Gus. His work not only going forward with assists, but also defensively where he won balls around our box and had the quality to be able to transition from defence to attack will be hugely missed. I don't see us being able to replace that with a 'ready to go' signing. A player who can drop into the side and deliver from day one will be asking for money than we offered Gus, even leaving aside the fee we will need to pay. I have always said we are out of sync with the 'develop/replace' strategy. The time for finding and signing his replacement was 18 months ago.

I get it is possible to 'Moneyball' out of this situation and replace his stats with two players, but where does that leave the system? Replacing Gus with two players means a return to the box midfield (no bad thing!) but where does that sit with the recruitment strategy? It seems to make no sense spending what we have on Simms and Wright only to use a system with a lone striker.

Robins and Adi are a superb team, and I am sure that the loss of Gus has always been a possibility so there will at least be an outline for how we move forward. The huge turnover in the squad will mean that things are going to take a while to settle down. Everyone needs to accept this and trust Robins and team will get things back to where we want them. I can't help but worry that as us fans have done their bit with record season ticket sales there will be an expectation we will pick up where we left off last season.

While I think we can get to somewhere close to that this year with a few more quality additions to the squad, the combination of a stronger league this season and what looks to be a disrupted start to the campaign will mean at least short term frustration for us.

They both wanted to go, they didn't want to be here. There was no risk involved, it wasn't a calculated gamble by the club, they wanted out.

We've lost better, we'll lose better, we've just got to move on.

At least we have an owner who seems to be reinvesting the profit back into the squad.

chiefdave

You cannot pretend selling the two players involved in 75% of our goals last season is anything other than a massive risk.
You're talking like we had a choice? What did you want the club to do, force them to stay? Can't imagine that going well.

Players come and players go and we've had plenty players in the past whose departure has been declared a disaster and who were supposedly irreplaceable.

Not to say it will be easy but the club will and always does continue no matter who leaves.

peace ndlovu

You're talking like we had a choice? What did you want the club to do, force them to stay? Can't imagine that going well.

Players come and players go and we've had plenty players in the past whose departure has been declared a disaster and who were supposedly irreplaceable.

Not to say it will be easy but the club will and always does continue no matter who leaves.
You say that, but surely we could just have just incarcerated them up in a lock-up somewhere near the CBS?
When I went down to check on my wives in the cellar a few minutes ago, they were still alive after 15 years of confinement. Despite being handcuffed to radiators, they seem pretty cheerful.
We could build a few. Give them snappy names like "The Ian Wallace Penitentiary". Or "The Dion Dublin Detention Centre". "The Gary McSheffrey Correction Facility".

Alkhen

No One Page GIF

MikeyMoo

Less a risk more a contingency that has come to pass. Hope this gives you some towels.

Greggs

First time in my life last night that i have simultaneously shit and threw up. What a mess

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

First time in my life last night that i have simultaneously shit and threw up. What a mess

What you on about, every day on SBT your shitting and throwing up. 🤮

Users who are viewing this thread