Bedwetters guide to Summer 2024 departures (1 Viewer)

mrtrench

On this occasion I would not count FA Cup goals against a full strength premier league side, as I am looking solely at the league.

If I was looking at the stats with the inclusion of cup games, then I would say that goals against full strength premier league opponents would count.

*terms and conditions apply

skybluecam

Nuance is important <serious but kind face emoji>

Nobody is suggesting we can buy a player ready for the Premier league. We are buying young players. Good young players who can improve. We are paying millions for each one now to play in the Championship (widely accepted as one of the top 10 leagues in the world).

If they are not intended to improve to Premiership level then where exactly?

We paid £1m for Vik and £1m for Gus. They improved to Premiership level. Sheaf, also £1m, now being rumoured to be wanted by top flight clubs. When COH leaves it will be for the same.

What is being said, by me at least, is that I don't see Wright improving to that level. You may disagree, which is a perfectly valid opinion. But don't try to make out that something quite different is being claimed <checkmate face emoji>
Gyokeres 20/21 19 apps 3 goals 0 assists. I’m sure you thought he was a future premier league player though?

Wright 23/24 28 apps 8 goals 5 assists. Obviously he’ll never make it…

You are actually clueless mate.

skybluecam

That's the spent cost fallacy. I hope Robins is better than that: ie fields the best player irrespective of what they cost. It's fine to make a mistake, I admire the strength of character to recognise a mistake and put it right.

Let's agree that we both hope he proves me wrong. But I've reached the point where I believe if we can get our money back we can get better for the money. You either believe it's worth waiting longer or that his performances so far are the best we will get for £9m, genuinely not sure which but opinions differ and I'm fine with whichever despite disagreeing on both.

If performances change my opinion will change.
1. Sunk cost fallacy

2. £7.7m not 9

3. He’s not even had a full season at the club

mrtrench

Gyokeres 20/21 19 apps 3 goals 0 assists. I’m sure you thought he was a future premier league player though?

Wright 23/24 28 apps 8 goals 5 assists. Obviously he’ll never make it…

OK, so we disagree on potential. It's an unknown. Let's let it lie.

You are actually clueless mate.

Kids, better debating strategies exist than this.

mrtrench

1. Sunk cost fallacy

Oh bugger, I knew that wasn't right but couldn't think of the right words.

Putting my error aside, you haven't disagreed with the point. Do we have common ground at least on the principle?

Mucca Mad Boys

No but surely after 33 appearances it is legitimate to express a view on how well someone has played. Doesn't mean that can't change but it's a bit silly to say you can't express an opinion on a player until the end of their contract.

It’s one thing to say he needs to improve - I can agree to that! It’s another to say he’s useless and we should sell him after 7 months.

Irrespective of what happens here on out, Godden is probably going to leave or at the very least accept he is a fringe player. Simms on the other hand, MR needs to figure out if he can get him firing.

It includes recognised cup games. By that definition play off games would also not count

I calculate Wrights to be 18 over league games - the irony is it goes down if you include 90 minutes against a very poor Wimbledon side

Also if a player scores in the FA Cup against a full strength premier league side you’d say they don’t count?
Btw, who won the penalty Godden converted that game?

Boicey

Absolutely ridiculous opinion.

I assume Sakamoto has also been very disappointing?
Everyone can see Sakamoto has been a great signing. No one says otherwise.
Whereas a shed load of people have the same opinion as me on Wright, he had a poor start and has been very patchy since. Still lots to prove.
No idea what you are seeing tbh.
Dilusional.

Sick Boy

That's the spent cost fallacy. I hope Robins is better than that: ie fields the best player irrespective of what they cost. It's fine to make a mistake, I admire the strength of character to recognise a mistake and put it right.

Let's agree that we both hope he proves me wrong. But I've reached the point where I believe if we can get our money back we can get better for the money. You either believe it's worth waiting longer or that his performances so far are the best we will get for £9m, genuinely not sure which but opinions differ and I'm fine with whichever despite disagreeing on both.

If performances change my opinion will change.
The transfer was a total of €9M, not pounds. Pretty sure that’ll include a fair few add-ons too. Next season will be the one that we see him at his best, however I’d say he’s been a success so far for us.

Last edited:

skybluecam

Whereas a shed load of people have the same opinion as me on Wright, he had a poor start and has been very patchy since. Still lots to prove.
Dilusional.
Sakamoto: 7G 2A

Wright: 8G 5A

Wright has been significantly more productive.

skybluecam

Oh bugger, I knew that wasn't right but couldn't think of the right words.

Putting my error aside, you haven't disagreed with the point. Do we have common ground at least on the principle?
Not really, no.

In the period between Wright starting to get consistent starts and his injury (WBA H - Boro A) he played 13, scored 6 and assisted 3. Scale that up to a 46 game season and it’s 21 goals, 10 assists. Exactly the same as Gyokeres got last year.

The criticism of him is so reactionary off the back of two iffy performances returning from injury. Where were these opinions when he had 5 goal contributions in 4 matches pre injury?

slowpoke

You want me to work out a bullshit number that YOU threw out there, I am calling bullshit on, because you can’t show it yourself? 😂
Why bring it are up you one of these negative arses go on the transfer site and work it out yourself, some figures on there such Simms for £7mill I think is wrong.
And the Vik fee is short but does it matter I’d say the Hamer fee plus a little bit left from Viks fee and remember there’s up to £4mill in add ons to come in plus the 15% kick back from any transfer out of Porto this summer and the Hamer fee is knocking on £30million in the war chest, but be my guest work it out yourself same for you Sick twat.

robbiekeane

Why bring it are up you one of these negative arses go on the transfer site and work it out yourself, some figures on there such Simms for £7mill I think is wrong.
And the Vik fee is short but does it matter I’d say the Hamer fee plus a little bit left from Viks fee and remember there’s up to £4mill in add ons to come in plus the 15% kick back from any transfer out of Porto this summer and the Hamer fee is knocking on £30million in the war chest, but be my guest work it out yourself same for you Sick twat.
So you just pulled it out of your arse then

Astute

Instead of trying to work out why our players might be shite can we go back to the first 10 to 12 games when they were all shite and Robins wasted 20m on them?

Simms could and should be better. The one thing we just about all agree on. But he offers more than Godden. Simms should improve with game time and coaching. Godden is on the downwards slope.

And if you can't see the player in Wright, you're either blind, have an agenda or don't know a lot about football.

slowpoke

Instead of trying to work out why our players might be shite can we go back to the first 10 to 12 games when they were all shite and Robins wasted 20m on them?

Simms could and should be better. The one thing we just about all agree on. But he offers more than Godden. Simms should improve with game time and coaching. Godden is on the downwards slope.

And if you can't see the player in Wright, you're either blind, have an agenda or don't know a lot about football.
You want Robins out then, serious allegation wasting £20million.

Astute

Dilusional.
Delusional is not seeing the improvement since moving thousands of miles away from family and friends and expecting him to hit the ground running in a side that all needed time to get used to the Championship at the same time as all needing to get match fit.

How about Torp? Certainly looks a very good player. He has the advantage of joining a team and not a bunch of strangers like at the start of the season. Yet he still gets caught out by the speed of the Championship.

Brighton Sky Blue

pokemon yes GIF

Astute

Strangely enough I was one of only a few standing up for Robins and how the side needed time to gel. Yet you try and turn it on me when it was you having a go at the players and wasting 20m.

Try better next time.

mrtrench

It's impossible to have a reasonable nuanced conversation on here. Every opinion expressed is:

1 (deliberately?) twisted : so 'I don't think Wright is value for money and I would cash in and reinvest' becomes i think he's shit

2 nit picked to death

3 used for point scoring

4 immediately switched to name calling and personal.

Reminds me why I stopped coming three years ago.

Hobo

Astute's comment was obvious sarcasm to the one's who were bedwetting when the team needed time to gel.

TomRad85

It's impossible to have a reasonable nuanced conversation on here. Every opinion expressed is:

1 (deliberately?) twisted : so 'I don't think Wright is value for money and I would cash in and reinvest' becomes i think he's shit

2 nit picked to death

3 used for point scoring

I agree with you, although I do think you're wrong on Wright, I like him and I'm looking forward to him getting back up to full speed.
If we were to cut our losses on anyone it's Simms at this point but let's see what we can do with him, he needs to be playing from the start for a good run of games now. Fortunately, if you can call it that, we have the option to do so without cutting off our nose to spite our face as Godden has offered nothing.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Cally Fedora

Not sure people watch the same games. After settling in Wright was toying with defences. Then he got the adductor injury. He’s a cracking signing and will get better and better.

robbiekeane

2 nit picked to death

3 used for point scoring

So basically you’re saying everyone on here is a horrible person then?
it’s not EVERY conversation is it?
classic you this, another one for the collection!

you prick

Users who are viewing this thread