Bedwetters guide to Summer 2024 departures (1 Viewer)

Diogenes

This isnt a reaction to the last few games but a realistic view of Part 2 of the rebuild we started last summer - don't think it will be as dramatic but we will need to reinforce certain areas. We can't be serious about PL and be reliant on the likes of Allen and Godden.

Definite outs IMO

JDS - not good enough but think MR might keep him around
Allen- probably time to move him on at the end of the season if we want to play at the top level
Godden - it's time
Kelly - as above
Tavares - needs game time for the sake of his career
O Hare - he's not signing.

Potential outs

Wilson and Moore- none of the GKs are top notch but trust Collins a bit more. If one is available at a sensible price I would be tempted to being them in and have Collins as no2.
Palmer - I like 90% of what he does and he is great at it. But the 10% is usually a key pass that he puts out for a throw in. He is tricky to play against and s big presence but if someone offered 2/3 mil I would take it.
Simms - very unlikely to go IMO but if he finishes the rest of the season without coming good and someone puts in a silly bid that doesn't see us lose too much- I'd be biting their hand off. Seems very unlikely though.

IN
LB
CM
Couple of forwards
Potential GK

Bring them in at the same quality as the rest of the team and we will be laughing

Grendel

Why would Da Silva go? He’s got another 3 years on his deal - no one would want him on the terms he’s on.

Same for Palmer.

Godden has a year left on his best contract

Allen is a useful player in the squad

Can see very little movement at all

Legia Sky Blue

What we don't want is much interest in the better players we need to stay in order for us to give it a good go next season. Keeping the likes of Sheaf, Van Ewijk & Sakamoto will be crucial.

alexccfc99

Would keep Dasilva as a squad player tbh, can see a , Sheff Weds QPR or a Huddersfield type side taking a punt on Godden

Kelly will move on

I don't see who buys Wilson out of that new contract we gave him last season?

Diogenes

As abo
Why would Da Silva go? He’s got another 3 years on his deal - no one would want him on the terms he’s on.

Same for Palmer.

Godden has a year left on his best contract

Allen is a useful player in the squad

Can see very little movement at all

If Godden wants to sit out the last year of his contract on the bench he needs to learn not to spit his dummy out.

Grendel

As abo

If Godden wants to sit out the last year of his contract on the bench he needs to learn not to spit his dummy out.

he can do what he likes

Evo1883

RB (Cover)
Attacking midfielder
CM
Striker
CB

Out

Kelly
Moore
O'Hare (hopefully keep but not realistic really)

We can go into next season in a very good place

mrtrench

We nearly have a very good first 11 which might trouble the automatics if we patched the weak links and start the season well. I'm thinking big here, not 'that will do' but promotion quality everywhere.

Assuming the posh chap is the solution to left wing, I think we are missing a keeper, left back, COH replacement and a striker of the same quality as the rest of the starting team.

New keeper
Mve
Thomas
Kitching
New left back
Saka
Torp
Sheaf
Mason-Clark
COH replacement
New striker

Happy with Palmer, Eccles, Bidwell, Collins, Binks, Lati and even Allen at a stretch as subs. I'd let the rest go unless we have someone else ready in the under 21s... Burroughs maybe?

pusbccfc

Still maintain Godden would score loads in League 1 still. He'd be a great signing for a big side at that level for a reasonable price.

The rest have been mentioned above. No way JDS goes anywhere and no one is paying money for Palmer.

napolimp

We nearly have a very good first 11 which might trouble the automatics if we patched the weak links and start the season well. I'm thinking big here, not 'that will do' but promotion quality everywhere.

Assuming the posh chap is the solution to left wing, I think we are missing a keeper, left back, COH replacement and a striker of the same quality as the rest of the starting team.

New keeper
Mve
Thomas
Kitching
New left back
Saka
Torp
Sheaf
Mason-Clark
COH replacement
New striker

Happy with Palmer, Eccles, Bidwell, Collins, Binks, Lati and even Allen at a stretch as subs. I'd let the rest go unless we have someone else ready in the under 21s... Burroughs maybe?

Sorry, where's our record signing going? Because you appear to have replaced a guy with 8 goals, and 5 assists, in the equivalent of 20x 90 minute periods of Championship football, with a 24 year old who has never played a game above League 1.

chiefdave

Kelly you imagine will want to go when his contract expires. The question is what he wants next. He'll be 34 I think and reaching the point where he'll have to weigh up potentially moving across the country or being away from his family against potentially having to retire if he can't find a move that works.

Wilson will depend on if we bring in a better first or second choice keeper. Can see him getting offers as a L1 first choice but that will most likely mean a pay off given his contract renewal. Maybe we can get a fee that offsets that so essentially move him out for nothing.

O'Hare obviously going unless we get promotion but past that I don't see much going out. We can't on the one hand complain about squad depth and on the other say everyone who isn't in the first choice XI should be potentially moved on.

covcity4life

I think like mcfadz players like godden and Allen may be happy to move on to get more game time.

Right now I would say robins will be looking to move on and upgrade upon

Moore
Godden
Allen
Kelly
Tavares

Wether you like those 5 or not that's very exciting if we manage to do it and recruit the 5 replacements well

That's this summer and then next window move on to next tier of players who we can upgrade on

mrtrench

Sorry, where's our record signing going? Because you appear to have replaced a guy with 8 goals, and 5 assists, in the equivalent of 20x 90 minute periods of Championship football, with a 24 year old who has never played a game above League 1.

I said that I assume the new guy is the real deal, I don't know that. But yes, as I've already explained in another thread, I'd sell Wright and get a better striker to replace both him and Simms.

napolimp

I said that I assume the new guy is the real deal, I don't know that. But yes, as I've already explained in another thread, I'd sell Wright and get a better striker to replace both him and Simms.

Why? Wright's a great player. Who do you think we are, some sort of Saudi backed club who can spend millions on players and then sell them at a loss. Delusional.

Hertsccfc

Why? Wright's a great player. Who do you think we are, some sort of Saudi backed club who can spend millions on players and then sell them at a loss. Delusional.
Agreed. Wright is just coming back from injury. At least e made chances. The shot to the near post at the end of the first half was a great bit of play and the keeper did well for the other big chance.

slowpoke

I have my doubts either Wright or Simms will be first choice strikers next season.
As for Godden hextakes a lot of unfair stick on here, he needs the right service thats ball to his feet not in the channels.
His first touch and positioning is okay dried up a bit lately but he can finish.

mrtrench

Because I don't think he's good enough.

Nobody's suggested selling him at a loss, other than you projecting that onto me so you can call me 'delusional' (quite rude but I forgive you). I'd take getting our money back, though we might make a small profit.

MikeyMoo

No way I'd sell Wright. Prior to the injury he was looking really good, will get back there and more goals and assists are coming his way. He'll be top of both stats for us this season by the end.

napolimp

Because I don't think he's good enough.

Nobody's suggested selling him at a loss, other than you projecting that onto me so you can call me 'delusional' (quite rude but I forgive you). I'd take getting our money back, though we might make a small profit.

Sell to who for £7+ million? Just because you say it out loud doesn't make it reality. Hence delusional.

You just said he's not good enough for us - hence Championship football - but you think we can sell him for a profit.

Mucca Mad Boys

Agreed. Wright is just coming back from injury. At least e made chances. The shot to the near post at the end of the first half was a great bit of play and the keeper did well for the other big chance.
Whilst it was a good effort, the better option would have surely to have crossed to Simms who was calling for it?

It’s little moments like these that as a team, we’re taking low probability chances instead of getting the ball in the box. Even Saka has chipped in with a far post header this year!

Cally Fedora

I think the “outs” should be split. Those we want to let go I have as Kelly, Moore, Bidwell. Those who will go that we don’t want to = O’Hare. Those I think we may struggle to hold on to = Sakamoto.
Incoming will be ECM, a left back, a 9, an O’Hare type and possibly Binks

skybluecam

Out
Moore (out of contract)
Kelly (contract)
Allen (unless he’s happy to be bottom of the pecking order)
Tavares (never going to make it here)
Godden (see Allen)
O’Hare (probably won’t sign)

In
EMC
Winger
Striker
Attacking mid (O’Hare replacement)
Defensive mid
Right back (possibly)

Boicey

‘Wright’s a great player’ is the definition of ‘delusional’.
He has shown some promise in a couple of games but has been generally very disappointing.

SkyblueTexan

I think the “outs” should be split. Those we want to let go I have as Kelly, Moore, Bidwell. Those who will go that we don’t want to = O’Hare. Those I think we may struggle to hold on to = Sakamoto.
Incoming will be ECM, a left back, a 9, an O’Hare type and possibly Binks
I’d rather let JDS go than Bidwell tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread