Beard or no Beard? (1 Viewer)

Covstu

I was in the pub the other Friday and the non beards were the minority! Take it back 5 years ago and it beards were rare ( in younger people).
I generally go from stubble to clean shaven, office job and all that

stupot07

Stubble or a beard. Facial hair is in......and my missus doesn't like me clean shaved. I have an office job but shirt and tie makes up for it!! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Ashdown

Nothing worse than seeing some dirty old sod with half his lunch and the top off his guinness stuck in it !:)

olderskyblue

Both

Had a beard for 10 years, neatly trimmed though, not the lunch and guinness type....

Been clean shaven for 15 years or so now, and comfortable with that too.

Laziness now would make me consider a beard again, but the grey that would be in it puts me off.

bringbackrattles

Both

Had a beard for 10 years, neatly trimmed though, not the lunch and guinness type....

Been clean shaven for 15 years or so now, and comfortable with that too.

Laziness now would make me consider a beard again, but the grey that would be in it puts me off.
Ditto.If I grew one now I'd look like Roy Keane when he had that horrible bushy beard that made him look like Saddam Hussein when he got caught hiding !

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I've had a neatly trimmed beard for about 5 years now. It's grey, but at my age, I really don't give a toss! I ain't out to impress! :D

oakey

Have a full beard or clean shaven.
The number of men who suit stubble is in single figures of a percentage. Blokes over 40 with stubble look like dirty old men, like Steptoe, for those who remember him. Stubble with a suit just looks so wrong, scruffy and slovenly. As it happens most women I know much prefer clean shaven, they only like men who look like George Clooney or Daniel Craig with stubble and don't kid yourself that includes you.

skybluetony176

Stubble for me. Can't wet or electric shave as both irritate my skin and rip it to shreds. Thought about growing a beard but because it's got so much white in it these days it would put about ten years on me so I just use the shortest setting on a beard trimmer.

dancers lance

I just shaved off a whopper of a beard today (growing it since January) tbh..it got a bit out of hand, the Wife didn't like it so I cultivated it out of spite, I didn't even get on with it Myself.

The bloody thing was always in my mouth when I was eating, stuck like Velcro to my duvet and pillows and forced me into 'high fiving' other bearded twats at Glasto (literally every five fucking minutes)

And........now, every time I look in the mirror It looks like someone has replaced my head with a fucking pea!

pipkin73

Like someone else said shaving irratates my skin, but not shaving is itchy as fuck. Mrs like me with a goatie beard, so i grow a beard so that it can then be shaved into a goatie.
Then i make out it grew uneven so had to shave it off. I wn always, i can be laisy without any complaint as she thinks growing it for a goatie then shave it all off when it get's itchy "as it grew uneven" get away with it all the time. For me i would say clean shaven, much cooler in the heat, i'm just a lazy git.

Nick

Administrator
The beard itches me when it gets to a certain point and anything I use doesn't stop it :(

Astute

If I want my leg over I have a shave. If I want peace from her I don't shave. She is the same as most women. Most women don't like facial hair.

lifeskyblue

Had a beard from age 18 to 52. Then shaved as wife n kids said they had never seen me without. So shaved it off. Mrs says she prefers beard kids say clean shaven. Now one of girls is getting married so at 56 am growing it back just to wind her up. I will probably shave it off again before I give her away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sick Boy

If I want my leg over I have a shave. If I want peace from her I don't shave. She is the same as most women. Most women don't like facial hair.

You'd be surprised! A lot of women in their 20s love it. Not everyone can pull it off though to be fair.

Users who are viewing this thread