Be proud of them anyway (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

5 year plan. Gotta be patient

This season was a bonus. Should have been top ten and overshot it. Will be a good experience for those still with us next season and should put belief in them they can do it, might also help us attract a few better players in the summer. Think we’ll be a solid top 8 side next year. Barring any more ACLs or ground silliness.

fatso

I hope you are right. Improving season on season like we've been doing for the last 5 years is going to be tough next season unless we can somehow manage to keep Gyo and Hamer and add to it after clearing more deadwood. What happened to the 25 million pounds DK was going to use to buy the stadium from Mike Ashley? We need cash injections, not sales of our prized assets. I just have a bad feeling about the season ahead. I'd love to be like Brentford, Sheff Utd and Luton who experienced playoff losses but ultimately went up. But what if we are like Huddersfield or worse, Barnsley?
Not sure about the £25m being available cash.
I think there may of been a loan of that amount with the Arena as collateral.

SkyblueTexan

Not sure about the £25m being available cash.
I think there may of been a loan of that amount with the Arena as collateral.
Ok...
Anyway enough with the playoff plastic flags and cuff links...let's save some of that money and get the recruitment drive going for next season asap. First up corner Gyo and Hamer in a room and get them to sign long term deals, next show the door to Maguire, Waghorn, Walker, Dabo etc., sign McNally, maybe Doyle, Yates from Blackpool, loan Amad from Man U....let's get the ball rolling

Sky Blue Dal

My 8 year old son cried on my shoulders today but told him to have faith and we still have Robins and co. We find a way to the promise land.
Let toughen up for next season.

AngryAnt

Very proud of them, they were totally out played in the first 40 (we started slow and never really seemed to recover until that point). Once Hamer scored, I honestly thought it would be us who got the second, until he had to go off, then knew it was pretty much going to pens.

Really feel for Dabo, soon as it left his foot the whole ground knew it was going over. Fair play to him for actually stepping up and taking one though, it looks like the others didn't want to do it? I really hope he can recover for it and from a selfish point of view, I'm so glad it wasnt Eccles who missed as I think his confidence would be shot for the whole of next season.

Hoping that we can hold onto Hamer as our midfield when actually fit, are the best I've seen since we came down from the Prem and hopefully next year MR/AV can build on all of this.

Fair play to Luton, they stuck to their game plan and it worked, I wish them well and their fans were decent (apart from one yob who decided to start sticking his fingers up when crossing the road).
On a side note, I don't think there was any trouble today? Felt like a really friendly atmosphere outside and everyone was there to enjoy the day, no matter which side they were on.

lifeskyblue

We gave our all. Poor in first half and much improved second. Ran out of steam in second period extra time. Good penalties all round …untill Dabo…someone had to miss…shame it was one of ours.

If I’m honest over the 120mins Luton we’re the better team and deserve their season in the sun. Good luck to them and I hope they confound the ‘experts’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

napolimp

What a game! Felt devastating at the time, due to the nature of the loss, but so grateful to the team and staff for giving us the day. Absolute rollercoaster of emotions, and definitely proud of the whole team. Excited for next season, incomings/outgoings, and what Robins can do. Not our time this season, but I'm confident there are good times ahead 👍🏼

napolimp

Very proud of them, they were totally out played in the first 40 (we started slow and never really seemed to recover until that point). Once Hamer scored, I honestly thought it would be us who got the second, until he had to go off, then knew it was pretty much going to pens.

Really feel for Dabo, soon as it left his foot the whole ground knew it was going over. Fair play to him for actually stepping up and taking one though, it looks like the others didn't want to do it? I really hope he can recover for it and from a selfish point of view, I'm so glad it wasnt Eccles who missed as I think his confidence would be shot for the whole of next season.

Hoping that we can hold onto Hamer as our midfield when actually fit, are the best I've seen since we came down from the Prem and hopefully next year MR/AV can build on all of this.

Fair play to Luton, they stuck to their game plan and it worked, I wish them well and their fans were decent (apart from one yob who decided to start sticking his fingers up when crossing the road).
On a side note, I don't think there was any trouble today? Felt like a really friendly atmosphere outside and everyone was there to enjoy the day, no matter which side they were on.

Absolutely, a box midfield of Hamer, Sheaf, Kasey, and O'hare is an exciting prospect.

Madpig

Im not being churlish but on the one day against a pretty poor side we didn’t deliver - after a big rub of the green in the first half we should have done better. It’s very disappointing
Sad to read that comment. Our forums are full of praise for Coventry.
We've played better than that and lost ( not often though)

OffenhamSkyBlue

I was nervous for Eccles taking a pen as he'd had a few poor moments after he came on, and i questioned whether he has the mental resilience. Well he put THAT to bed, didn't he?
If i'm honest, if there was one person i thought would miss it was Kelly, and he proved me wrong too.

Yesterday showed what we probably already know: we lack strength in depth in most positions and struggle against teams who both defend and break quickly in numbers. Something that Robins has never really addressed. We need more playmakers as replacements or understudies for Gus.

But yes, i'm proud that we got where we did, and we can do better next season with no Wasps, no SISU and no World Cup break. Let's go up automatically in 23/24!!

PUSB

SkyblueTexan

I was nervous for Eccles taking a pen as he'd had a few poor moments after he came on, and i questioned whether he has the mental resilience. Well he put THAT to bed, didn't he?
If i'm honest, if there was one person i thought would miss it was Kelly, and he proved me wrong too.

Yesterday showed what we probably already know: we lack strength in depth in most positions and struggle against teams who both defend and break quickly in numbers. Something that Robins has never really addressed. We need more playmakers as replacements or understudies for Gus.

But yes, i'm proud that we got where we did, and we can do better next season with no Wasps, no SISU and no World Cup break. Let's go up automatically in 23/24!!

PUSB
Yes, I agree with everything you said. Although emotions are still very raw looking back, I am very proud of what we achieved with a threadbare squad and amid all the other distractions/adversities we faced. We have to do everything we can to hang on to Gus and Vik. MR has vowed to improve upon what we've done this season and if we are to push on we must aim for autos in 23/24. We have to fast track our 5 year plan to reach the EPL and be in a position to withstand the rigours of that challenge. This summer is going to have to be a blockbuster one.

Garlana86

The mad run we went on towards the end gave so many fans a lot of joy and brought many back. In all honesty I didn't expect us to do Boro over both legs so wembley in my eyes was a bonus.

bigfatronssba

ProfessorbyGrace

We held our own and kept par over 120 minutes and 11 penalties with a side who are, let’s face it, (on the balance of the season and the final itself), very worthy to go up to the premiership.

Even getting there was an achievement beyond my expectations, and yes it stings like a bugger to have been so close, but this could be the catalyst for a very possible push for autos next season.

I think that if we can at least hold onto Gus and Sheaf, possibly acquire McNally, maybe even get Doyle back again, with the added bonus of COH to return, who knows. Vik will be gone, that much is obvious, but he’s not irreplaceable.

The nucleus is there, we just need a sharper cutting edge and a bit more depth.

But, ultimately, very proud of the whole club. 👏⚽️ Even Dabo, who stepped into the pressure cooker, and made a very human error that any one of them could have made. (I did expect Sheaf and Eccles to miss, I’ll be honest.)
Fair play to him for stepping up. 👏

Users who are viewing this thread