Be proud of them anyway (1 Viewer)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I feel sorry for the players and all the coaching staff because they have genuinely looked like they have bought into Coventry city FC. They have made us all proud and given us the belief that we can achieve something. .

Grendel

So proud to be a sky blue. What we’ve done this season is fucking brilliant 💪 what a season. PUSB

Im not being churlish but on the one day against a pretty poor side we didn’t deliver - after a big rub of the green in the first half we should have done better. It’s very disappointing

bigfatronssba

We go again next season.
Cash in on Vik & Hamer. Trust Robins to find decent replacements, just like he always has.
The remaining players have learned a valuable lesson.

Next year we won’t have all the crap of bad pitches etc.

We will come flying out of the blocks in August.

fatso

Luton looked more physical and slightly better organised, they dominated the first half and although we were much better after half time they still had the better chance at the death when Panzo fucked up, if that ball had of hit the strikers chest instead of his arm we'd of been on our way home much earlier.

Loosing Hamer was a huge blow, and we needed him in extra time.

Dabo's pen was crap, but someone had to miss and I think there were other senior players who bottled it.

fatso

Luton looked more physical and slightly better organised, they dominated the first half and although we were much better after half time they still had the better chance at the death when Panzo fucked up, if that ball had of hit the strikers chest instead of his arm we'd of been on our way home much earlier.

Loosg Hamer was a huge blow, and we needed him in e tra time.

Dabo's pen was crap, but someone had to miss and I think there were other senior players who bottled it.

Over to MR and AV to rebuild and go again next season.

SkyblueTexan

We just seemed too nervous and ill-prepared to deal with Luton's threats, especially in the first half. We all know their plan of always starting fast and surprisingly didn't cope with it. Starting Allen against a team of giants was a poor strategy that backfired. Losing Hamer ultimately cost us as he could have potentially won it for us in regulation or extra time if he was still on the pitch. Dabo should never have been selected to take a penalty. I knew he'd miss the moment he strode forward from the halfway line. He's only scored 2 goals as a Sky Blue - both own goals. A massive rebuild beckons this summer - will we be stronger for it like Luton or flirt with relegation like Huddersfield? I fear it will be the latter and that this was a massive missed opportunity. Gyo and Hamer will leave and replacing them will not be easy. All loanees will return to their parent clubs. I'd clear whatever other deadwood we have on our books (i.e. Moore, Dabo, Maguire, Walker, Waghorn etc). It's going to be a real slog trying to overcome the likes of Norwich, Boro, Watford, WBA, Southampton, 2 from Leicester, Leeds or Everton along with the likes of Sunderland, Millwall, Blackburn and possible half a dozen other teams including those coming up from League 1. If we just could've won, I'd be more than happy being a yoyo team.

fatso

We just seemed too nervous and ill-prepared to deal with Luton's threats, especially in the first half. We all know their plan of always starting fast and surprisingly didn't cope with it. Starting Allen against a team of giants was a poor strategy that backfired. Losing Hamer ultimately cost us as he could have potentially won it for us in regulation or extra time if he was still on the pitch. Dabo should never have been selected to take a penalty. I knew he'd miss the moment he strode forward from the halfway line. He's only scored 2 goals as a Sky Blue - both own goals. A massive rebuild beckons this summer - will we be stronger for it like Luton or flirt with relegation like Huddersfield? I fear it will be the latter and that this was a massive missed opportunity. Gyo and Hamer will leave and replacing them will not be easy. All loanees will return to their parent clubs. I'd clear whatever other deadwood we have on our books (i.e. Moore, Dabo, Maguire, Walker, Waghorn etc). It's going to be a real slog trying to overcome the likes of Norwich, Boro, Watford, WBA, Southampton, 2 from Leicester, Leeds or Everton along with the likes of Sunderland, Millwall, Blackburn and possible half a dozen other teams including those coming up from League 1. If we just could've won, I'd be more than happy being a yoyo team.
Back in October, the playoffs were a million miles away, wasps were our landlords, and SISU our owners.
We've had a great run, we move forward with the best management we've had in over half a century. Some stars may move on, but MR and AV are the 2 we can't afford to loose, anyone else is replaceable, and we'll have more money to spend than we've ever had (if Gyok and Hamer move on) let's wait and see who MR brings in, the future is still very bright.

SkyblueTexan

Back in October, the playoffs were a million miles away, wasps were our landlords, and SISU our owners.
We've had a great run, we move forward with the best management we've had in over half a century. Some stars may move on, but MR and AV are the 2 we can't afford to loose, anyone else is replaceable, and we'll have more money to spend than we've ever had (if Gyok and Hamer move on) let's wait and see who MR brings in, the future is still very bright.
I hope you are right. Improving season on season like we've been doing for the last 5 years is going to be tough next season unless we can somehow manage to keep Gyo and Hamer and add to it after clearing more deadwood. What happened to the 25 million pounds DK was going to use to buy the stadium from Mike Ashley? We need cash injections, not sales of our prized assets. I just have a bad feeling about the season ahead. I'd love to be like Brentford, Sheff Utd and Luton who experienced playoff losses but ultimately went up. But what if we are like Huddersfield or worse, Barnsley?

fatso

I hope you are right. Improving season on season like we've been doing for the last 5 years is going to be tough next season unless we can somehow manage to keep Gyo and Hamer and add to it after clearing more deadwood. What happened to the 25 million pounds DK was going to use to buy the stadium from Mike Ashley? We need cash injections, not sales of our prized assets. I just have a bad feeling about the season ahead. I'd love to be like Brentford, Sheff Utd and Luton who experienced playoff losses but ultimately went up. But what if we are like Huddersfield or worse, Barnsley?
Who's masterminded our rise from league 2?

Players may come and go, but the brains behind our rise is still here, and if any of our players leave, money will be available.
And we are now a club that players will want to come to.

Imagine what MR could do with some real money to spend.

pusbccfc

Im not being churlish but on the one day against a pretty poor side we didn’t deliver - after a big rub of the green in the first half we should have done better. It’s very disappointing

But they finished third for a reason.

Long balls to great target men are always a problem. It's work for plenty clubs who have tried it.

harvey098

How are Luton a poor side? They finished 3rd and have just gone up to the premier league you muppet 😂

Of course we’re all disappointed but I’m also so proud of what we’ve achieved this season. You’re not, that’s fine. I do find it weird how you try and bring positive people / posts down with your negativity, not sure what you get out of that but that’s clearly more of a you problem. I stand by the fact that I’m immensely proud of this team, especially today.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Absolutely gutted to have lost, but think it was an incredible feat by the boys to get so close.

Early on we looked nervous, and let them physically dominate the game and until about 40mins it was more hoping we could keep it to 1-0. Despite the box the midfield looked miles away from Gyok against 3 CB's but despite being so deep they still managed to have a lot of possession in our half and their press worked.

Started to get more into our stride just before half time and carried that on second half and we equalised. After that it was quite a tense affair - we looked to have more possession but they looked dangerous on a breakaway.

Panzo got very fortunate and penalties are a horrible way to lose. Dabo's penalty was awful - high and wide - but I'm not going to hold it against him. It was going to happen to somebody and today it was unfortunately him.

Fair play to Luton. They play a way that suits them and are solid defensively. They finished 3rd so arguably deserved it the most. They had 3 goals (correctly) chalked off and I have to admit with the last one I started to wonder if just maybe it might be our day. But it was not to be. I wish them the best of luck next season, but think they will need it. Best wishes to Lockyer and hope he has a quick and full recovery.

I do feel a but like this was our opportunity and it's going to be really hard to maintain this level next year, but we have a whole summer ahead of us so let's see what the squad looks like come August.

SkyblueTexan

How are Luton a poor side? They finished 3rd and have just gone up to the premier league you muppet 😂

Of course we’re all disappointed but I’m also so proud of what we’ve achieved this season. You’re not, that’s fine. I do find it weird how you try and bring positive people / posts down with your negativity, not sure what you get out of that but that’s clearly more of a you problem. I stand by the fact that I’m immensely proud of this team, especially today.
Well if I'm being honest, the way Luton play is so painful to watch. They are basically a route 1 team full of brutish, physical shithousers and they're effective at scraping away wins by wearing you down. They are fortunate to have had pretty much a full squad to select from today and once Hamer left, our hopes of winning went with him. I'm gutted and proud for how far we've come with no squad depth and basically no midfield for much of the season. But after beating Boro, who were the bookies favourites, and play the better brand of football, I thought we could have won this final. We were awful in the first half and should not have started with a midget (Allen) in midfield against their towering lineup. Having previously played with 2 strikers in past meetings against Luton this season, maybe we should have played 2 strikers from the start and been more on the front foot and not been so shellshocked by the occasion. What hurts is how close we were to winning. Where was Fadz or Bidwell or even Wilson for the last kick? C'mon we all knew Dabo would miss. He didn't even hit the target.

stevefloyd

I am disappointed but eternally grateful what this team has done for is this season its been a massive roller coaster ride but how you can not be immensley proud of the team and back staff hopefully we can progress again next season pusb ....

fatso

Well if I'm being honest, the way Luton play is so painful to watch. They are basically a route 1 team full of brutish, physical shithousers and they're effective at scraping away wins by wearing you down. They are fortunate to have had pretty much a full squad to select from today and once Hamer left, our hopes of winning went with him. I'm gutted and proud for how far we've come with no squad depth and basically no midfield for much of the season. But after beating Boro, who were the bookies favourites, and play the better brand of football, I thought we could have won this final. We were awful in the first half and should not have started with a midget (Allen) in midfield against their towering lineup. Having previously played with 2 strikers in past meetings against Luton this season, maybe we should have played 2 strikers from the start and been more on the front foot and not been so shellshocked by the occasion. What hurts is how close we were to winning. Where was Fadz or Bidwell or even Wilson for the last kick? C'mon we all knew Dabo would miss. He didn't even hit the target.
I was amazed Bidwell didn't step up and take a pen, I'd of had him above Sheaf, Eccles and Dabo. Maybe he bottled it. But either way I hope Dabo doesn't get shit from the fans, he didn't fuck up on purpose, and at least he stepped up, poor fucker.

Still gutted though.

Users who are viewing this thread