'Be as Partisan as you can be' - Robins (1 Viewer)

RichieGunns

Mark Robins has urged the City faithful to get right behind his side in the JPT...

Coventry City manager Mark Robins has urged the City faithful to ‘be as partisan as you can be’ ahead of the first leg of the Johnstone Paint Trophy Area final.

The Sky Blues go into the game in great form having only lost one game in the last six matches in all competitions.

Leon Clarke’s brace secured a terrific away-day victory at Bramall Lane on Friday night in a 2-1 win over Sheffield United.

The club are just two games against Crewe Alexandra from Wembley and Robins knows the sell-out Ricoh Arena need to get behind their players.

The City boss said: “Everyone is looking forward to it. It isn't every week we get a full Ricoh Arena and we know when it is full, it is going to be special.

“The players haven’t stopped talking about it and everyone wants to be in that team. They are full of confidence at the moment and to go into the game on the back of the win over Sheffield, well, it’s ideal.

“What is important though is that the crowd gets behind them and stays with them through the entire 90 minutes. Crewe are a very good side who can play some really attractive football.

“We want everyone who has brought a ticket for tomorrow night, to turn up. We don’t want to see any seat empty.

“We want them to be 100% partisan in supporting their team and that is why they have a crucial role to play.”

The club will be supplying fans with clappers and are supporting the fan’s initiative to get everyone to wear Sky Blue, and bring your scarfs.

He added: “It would be great if we won and saw a few of the fans come back for the Yeovil match at the weekend as the side have done brilliantly in the league of late.

“We are just one point of the play-offs and it looks like we will be up there challenging so if we could get the fans behind us for the home league games, it would provide a definite boost.

“It is going to be a great occasion and the fans need memories, and hopefully we can provide that.”

----------------------------

One paragraph sticks out here:

The club will be supplying fans with clappers and are supporting the fan’s initiative to get everyone to wear Sky Blue, and bring your scarfs.

Fantastic, where do I get my clapper :p

BurbageSkyBlues

Scarves are going like the clappers......

Hmm?

Seriously, you guys don't know the word 'partisan'. .? I must be getting old

shmmeee

Lets just stick with the scarves, those fecking ridiculous clappers are embarrassing and shite !!

Bollocks! More noise more people enjoying themselves the better!

Nothing embarrassing about people supporting their team however they do it.

ccfcway

fab, everyone is bringing partisan ?

To be honest, i dont really like it, other than on top of pasta, so if its all the same with everyone, I am prob going taken an Edam

The Reverend Skyblue

I love a bit of grated partisan on my spag bog.

I'm going straight down Tescos to buy a couple of hundred grams of the stuff before it all goes.I can see a rush on Partisan cheese in the Coventry area now Robins has asked everyone to bring some, and i bet there will be a black market for the stuff in the hours approaching the game,with prices matching that of gold and silver

I know some lucky fecker is going to make a killing selling it on street corners if he can get his hands on a few kilos of good grade Partisan

If anyone can't get Partisan cheese in their local Tescos and the like, give me a ring and i'll bring some from Norfolk with me.

The Rev

ohitsaidwalker king power

I love a bit of grated partisan on my spag bog.

I'm going straight down Tescos to buy a couple of hundred grams of the stuff before it all goes.I can see a rush on Partisan cheese in the Coventry area now Robins has asked everyone to bring some, and i bet there will be a black market for the stuff in the hours approaching the game,with prices matching that of gold and silver

I know some lucky fecker is going to make a killing selling it on street corners if he can get his hands on a few kilos of good grade Partisan

If anyone can't get Partisan cheese in their local Tescos and the like, give me a ring and i'll bring some from Norfolk with me.

The Rev

Even Cheesier Rev.....:facepalm:

Johnnythespider

If there is a partisan shortage just bring along a smelly sock, it smells just the same.

SkyBlueUkeman

Christ guys. Partisan? REALLY. Basically just to be as passionate for your cause, in this case the sky blues!

And clap banners? URGH. FOOK.

The Reverend Skyblue

I speak on this subject as I am very experienced on this matter. I unfortunately served 4 years in a french prison after i was caught trying to bring in a catargory A cheese into the country.I was put on death row so serious was the crime, I was so devasted to be labelled a cheese smuggler and the shame it brought my family, I was put on suicide watch for the first 3 months, though eventually my sentance was commuted down to the four years after a legal challenge

It all began after I was stopped at Charles de Gaulle airport and found to have secreted 450 grammes of top notch shit,with a street value of 42 euros in my trainers.I was just through customs when they called me back when an over alert sniffer dog trained in cheese trafficking caught the stench of the Partisan cheese in the passport queue, which had been in my shoes for two days. My bloody feet still stink of the stuff.

I am still confused why Robins wants us all to bring some Partisan cheese tomorrow night, i just can't understand how that will help the players, but i will not question his thinking on this, especially after all he's done for the club.

The Rev

Last edited:

Johnnythespider

Definately think we should try and influence the ref, 30,000 people can be very persausive, just ask Fergie.

Users who are viewing this thread