BBC's MOTD's disgusting comment about CCFC. (1 Viewer)

Ian1779

So anyway.... does the MOTD comment mean they are going to televise our game?

Evo1883

Weanwhile we sit below fleetwood town in league 1 , are we really moaning about the cold hard truth

chiefdave

As far as we've fallen surely a non-league side beating us would still be an upset. And I'm sure Worcester will look at coming to play us at the Ricoh as a big game against a big club.

jimmyhillsfanclub

I'm generally offended by anyone on facebook......I'm sure there a few facebook users that aren't idiotic twats......bit like I'm sure there are probably a few BMW drivers somewhere who aren't utter utter cunts......

Otis

Just watched the BBC clip (again) , although I was at Sutton that day. Oggy's flap at the cross was Allsop-esque!

Now I know this is going to be contentious, but to be honest, I didn't rate Oggy that highly. Great shot stopper and a commanding presence, but he would often flap at crosses, so much so that to our group of friends he was known as Flapper.

He wasn't strong on crosses at all for the most part.

I know some think of him as a god, but for me other keepers have been better in our history.

torchomatic

Yes, I was at the Sutton game too. As for this thread, can't really see what all the outrage is about.

torchomatic

No, I didn't either Otis.

Now I know this is going to be contentious, but to be honest, I didn't rate Oggy that highly. Great shot stopper and a commanding presence, but he would often flap at crosses, so much so that to our group of friends he was known as Flapper.

He wasn't strong on crosses at all for the most part.

I know some think of him as a god, but for me other keepers have been better in our history.

torchomatic

I did see Glazier, but was too young really to appreciate him and too old now to remember! The first keepers I really remember are Bryan King (who I liked) and Blyth, who I also thought was quite good. In fact, my Dad and I went up to Scotland to see him play for his country. The game where the ball went through his legs into the net.

Did you ever see Glazier play? Guessing you would rate Blythe as better? I know I would.

Last edited:

Otis

I did see Glazier, but was too young really to appreciate him and too old now to remember! The first keepers I really remember are Bryan King (who I liked) and Blythe, who I also thought was quite good. In fact, my Dad and I went up to Scotland to see him play for his country. The game where the ball through his legs into the net.

Ohh yes, I recall that now. What a shame. He was a very good keeper for us.

Glazier is the best City keeper I have ever seen.

skybluelee

:jerkit: :jerkit: :jerkit: :jerkit: :jerkit: :jerkit:

Match of the Day

2 hrs ·

Back in the 80's, knocking Coventry City FC out of The FA Cup was classed as a giant-killing....

They just took the piss out of our fall from grace.

Time to get angry
:mad:
https://www.facebook.com/BBCMOTD/posts/10152816468865982

Is your post meant in jest? What is wrong with what the BBC said? We are a lower/midtable Div 3 side now, deal with it.

Brighton Sky Blue

OP if you're annoyed by people commenting on us being a crap 3rd division team then direct your complaints to those responsible for us being so rather than people pointing it out.

Skyblueweeman

I'm generally offended by anyone on facebook......I'm sure there a few facebook users that aren't idiotic twats......bit like I'm sure there are probably a few BMW drivers somewhere who aren't utter utter cunts......

A friend of mine posted a picture on FB once of an indicator with a caption that simply said - FAO BMW Drivers. I thought it was quite apt and totally agree with your thoughts on them!

Skyblueweeman

Maybe (I can't believe I'm going to say this) people are more sensible and less prone to massive overreactions here.

If you ever want to see someone fly off the handle about something, load up a social media site and wait five seconds.

Shut up you bell-end.

:wave:

hutch1972

Yes, I was at the Sutton game too. As for this thread, can't really see what all the outrage is about.

Painful memories of having the piss ripped out of us travelling home that day.
At least we still have the glory of the highest placed team to be Beaten by a non league side . I have a feeling that record will stick forever.

mds

We`re shit
And we know we are
We`re shit
And we know we are
We`re shit

Some things never change.

Terry Gibson's perm

Don't see how this matters we haven't even played yet for the to be a giant killing, the simple thing to do is the players play well and smash them 10-0 and see what they have to say at the BBC then.

Terry Gibson's perm

No, I didn't either Otis.

I also didn't rate him and actually stopped going for a while and didn't go back until they picked Hedman (one man protest) who was far superior in every way. Oggy was just here a long time missed many crosses and had terrible distribution and the back pass rule killed him off. Didn't think he was much of a coach either but i know an ex youth team keeper who was released recently and he rated him highly.

Sick Boy

What's wrong with the comment? It's true after all? Some fans are delusional and think we are a big club.

malkitccfc

Just deactivated my facebook and put my BMW up for sale on autotrader. Yeah, I don't want to be a c**t!

Users who are viewing this thread