BBC Sports Personality of the Year (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Will anyone be watching?
Who will you be wanting to win?
Have you even heard of most of them?

Contenders: (with a brief description to help you decide)

Gareth Bale - Overpaid footballer
Charlotte Dujardin - Horsey person
Carl Froch - Scrapper
Kelly Gallagher & Charlotte Evans - Two, yes, TWO skiers
Lewis Hamilton - Boy racer
Rory McIlroy - Uses a golf bat thingy
Jo Pavey - Runs around a lot
Adam Peaty - Splashes around in the water
Max Whitlock - Somersaultist person
Lizzy Yarnold - Slides down ice on a tea-tray

I think I'll give it a miss again this year :sleep:

jimmyhillsfanclub

Not the best list of recent years, but IMHO its got to be Rory McIlroy........back to back majors & already has 4 at 25 years old......putting him in the elite trio with Tiger Woods & Jack Nicklaus.....

SkyblueBazza

For me - Jo Pavey always the nearly athlete for many years...never given up trying to better herself - & a bit like Kelly Holmes of old this year she came good with the Euro Gold. Inspirational stuff.
Otherwise Carl Froch - anyone prepared to go through hell to train in order to get a potential battering deserves recognition. His response to the controversial victory over George Groves was a straightforward "let's do it again then" whereas many thought he'd duck it for fear of losing.

Covstu

For me - Jo Pavey always the nearly athlete for many years...never given up trying to better herself - & a bit like Kelly Holmes of old this year she came good with the Euro Gold. Inspirational stuff.
Otherwise Carl Froch - anyone prepared to go through hell to train in order to get a potential battering deserves recognition. His response to the controversial victory over George Groves was a straightforward "let's do it again then" whereas many thought he'd duck it for fear of losing.

Dont all boxers do this though and lets face it Groves isnt exactly a superstar?

SkyblueBazza

Yes most boxers get in the ring risking a battering but go in to do battle with pride (Audley Harrison's latter career?)
Many highest level boxers these days are all too easily convinced by promoters/managers that avoiding certain perceived dangerous opponents is the best thing to do.
Froch had just had a scare. Didn't duck the rematch, & proved himself yet again.

That having been said...you did read my first choice didn't you?

wingy

Charlotte Dujardin surely ..

It's shallow and obvious but she knows how to Kiss the Badge !!

Covstu

Yes most boxers get in the ring risking a battering but go in to do battle with pride (Audley Harrison's latter career?)
Many highest level boxers these days are all too easily convinced by promoters/managers that avoiding certain perceived dangerous opponents is the best thing to do.
Froch had just had a scare. Didn't duck the rematch, & proved himself yet again.

That having been said...you did read my first choice didn't you?

Not having a dig fella, just didnt get the statement..

Hugh Jarse

It'll be Lewis Hamilton, mark my words.

Firstly, he'll have that hottie Sherzenegger on his arm and secondly, she has a habit of kissing his helmet live on tv!

jimmyhillsfanclub

It'll be Lewis Hamilton, mark my words.

Firstly, he'll have that hottie Sherzenegger on his arm and secondly, she has a habit of kissing his helmet live on tv!

Not that it matters, but does anyone else get the impression that Hamilton may well "enjoy a good musical" :whistle::whistle:

Users who are viewing this thread