BBC Olympic mistakes thread (1 Viewer)

scroobiustom

I'm sure there will be plenty of these, let me kick it off with one i noticed after the GB women played bbc fuck up.jpg

chiefdave

they've just done an update from the Ricoh Arena on the News at 6, guess noone told the BBC the stadium name had changed.

Diehard Si

Thats very British of everyone... take no pride in the games or the country but poke fun at typing errors and on the look out for everything else that could be moaned about.

scroobiustom

Thats very British of everyone... take no pride in the games or the country but poke fun at typing errors and on the look out for everything else that could be moaned about.

Read the name of the thread, its not poking fun at the games but at the BBC! in case you didn't read the topic "BBC Olympic mistake thread" hope this helps clear up the confusion :facepalm:

Nick

Administrator

Its meant as light hearted banter, lighten up :)

ajsccfc

I don't know, there's competition on the Norwegian handball team:

1275287.png

But no longer in the Greek triple jump team, who've sent home this apparent racist:

290548.jpg

Blonde hair, blue eyes, the signs are all there.

ajsccfc

I imagine a group of people couldn't decide what to play out of basketball, football and dodgeball and thought 'fuck it! all three'

Macca

It's pretty high tempo to be fair but it looks like something we would have invented while pissed up at college

andrew.roberts

Big here in Spain although it´s one of the silliest games I´ve ever seen played. You get to throw the ball into the net; an idea that would have really helped my extremely sub-standard heading ability back in the day. The corrupt guy (Urdangarin) who married King Juan Carlos´s daughter used to play for the national team, typical big threatening looking kind of guy who opts for a sport where there isn´t much chance of getting hurt, apart from a sprained wrist

Diehard Si

Further to that. Handball? Really? Is that even a real game?
I played it a few times in PE at school when I was about 15/16. It was surprisingly good fun. Or maybe I just enjoyed it because it was about the only sport I was best in the class at.

C

Clive Plattini

[video=youtube;K3SLvZ2AVL0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3SLvZ2AVL0[/video]

bishbosh

I can't comment about the mistakes the BBC make but to be honest I miss it. When you go abroad to live you suddenly realise what they try to achieve. Other nations I have lived in and seen TV of are usually loads more partisan than the BBC; make huge amounts of mistakes and it is often difficult to find out via TV coverage who won events if the nation you reside in either didn't have a participant or didn't have a top 3 placement - don't even think of medal ceremonies. A lot of these errors are unacceptable and perhaps drafting in commentators/experts who follow the sports regularly would be better.

For example the cycling commentary was bad (I understand the BBC commentary was also not very good), very few names of riders were known, tactical knowledge and understanding was shocking and information for casual viewers was misleading despite apparent knowledge of other cycle races.

This view is based on my observations of places I've lived but for me it is a case of you don't know what you've got till it's gone - familiarity breeds contempt.

Anyway, enjoy the games - I wish I could have been back 'home' to experience the atmosphere.

Users who are viewing this thread