BBC Late Kick Off - They need our help! (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
The BBC will be screening Late Kick Off again soon and they will be doing a feature on Coventry City.

Now then, they need to know what Coventry City Fans would like to see. I don't think a shotgun to Claridge and Manish is allowed though.

If you get time, plleasseeee answer the following questions as it is our chance to get a decent show of CCFC on TV for once rather than the 30 seconds before Leicester or Cardiff's Feature.

• What do you want to see on the Late Kick Off Show?
  • Any stories from CCFC you want to be investigated?
  • Which players would you like to know more about?
  • Would you like to see how somebody behind the scenes does their job? Groundsman, kitman, physio?
  • Are there any people in CCFC's past you would like to get a bit of a mention? Jimmy Hill, Peter Ndlovu, Cobi Jones?
Please do go into as much detail as if we can get more input from the fans to the BBC then we will get a decent feature. Rather than just "Marlon King is a criminal, CCFC foul people a lot, Leicester have signed so and so" that we do usually.

So, go for it.....

Jimthor

...is a shotgun to Manish definitely out of the question?

Apparently Robbie Savage is going to be on the Midlands edition, so i don't know if i'll actually be able to take watching it, as i simply can't stand the man. That's probably the most constructive piece of advice i could give into making it a better show.

Aside from that i'd just like a lot more match analysis in terms of tactics, positioning, etc. Let's have some in-depth discussion on what roles the key players filled, and how they did in these roles etc. Why was the game won/lost, from a perspective other than just "they weren't very good"? I hate hearing (for example) "they were vulnerable at the back" without any elaboration at all. WHY were they vulnerable at the back? Was the backline organised in the wrong way? If so, what would've been a better way? And how were these problems exploited? Or was there a certain lack of physicality? Can these issues be resolved? Any old dickhead can say "well, they weren't very good today"; if i'm tuning in to see what the "experts" have to say, i want them to educate me on what happened and went right/wrong.
I do realise this means getting in people that actually know what they're taking about though, which the BBC don't seem to be great at doing.

Nick

Administrator

I think the Late Kick off program is a one off where they feature a different team each week so it will be something like that Clem fella does on The Football League show but more in detail.

I think they will usually do a bit about the club, topics at the club, what the fans think etc.

I totally agree about the punditry on The Football League show and I don't doubt that Leroy Rosenoir would have had a dig at King if his son hadn't of just broken somebodies leg on Saturday!

CovKingChris

Facebook User
Hi,

1) I'd like to hear more interviews with Ranson and Boothroyd regarding transfer news and money issues. He has told us that that there is money to spend on players during the coleman era yet there has been no proof of this. Also interviews regarding attendances and how they are going to go about getting more fans in the Ricoh such as ticket offers.
2)The style of play. Fans have been calling for a better style of football. This season all we have played in hoof bal. This giving aidy the nickname 'Aidy "Hoof"-royd'. The game against Portsmouth at the start of the season showed that we could play the ball on the floor and put alot of passes together as we won 2-0 with the some very good goals. We may get alot more chances but with a below standard striker like Clive Platt upfront, they can't be finished. Although he is probably one of the most generous players around, he's terrible. His touch is awful, he's slow, he's weak, he can win headers not many may I add) but he can't direct them. His passing is woeful and his creativity doesn't match the rest of the squad. He may be good friends with Aidy after playing under him at Colchester, but that doesn't give him the right to be played every game.
3) I want to know what it's like for someone like Nathan Cameron or Ben Turner to come up through the academy ranks to play regular first team football. How their journey started and how difficult it was.
4) I'd like to know a bit about what it's like to be a groundsman. After last summer where they grew a pitch from scratch, that must have been extremely difficult and taken alot of care.
5) Some stuff about Jimmy Hill. E.G. hw does he feel about having a statue made in his honour.

Regards.
Chris.

Disorganised1

I'd like to see something about the fans. coventry fans are a strange bunch, but they're all over the world. Loyal, cynical, weary, and desperate. Why do people follow CCFC - it can't all be birth, otherwise there wouldn't be Man Utd fans in Bournemouth.

Disorganised1

What about a shotgun on Rodney Marsh then ?

Pigeon

Something on Jimmy Hill would be great.
A fans favorite player like Westie, Eastwood or Turner would be good to see.
Maybe an interview with AB on what he thinks about transfers, attendances and performances ect...

Danny

1) an interview with ranson to see how much money we have actually got to go out and buy players with
2) an interview with couple key players as to why we always go on a downward slide after xmas

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Why does everyone always insist on Ranson publicly stating how much money we've got? He's said a thousand times that it puts us in a poor negotiating position if everyone knows how much we have got... case closed.

redsox

Facebook User
It would be amazing to see anything on Cov that lasts more than two minutes.
1) A little bit about the squad players and their struggles to get into the first team would be interesting.

2)I have always wondered why City's result always seems to be one of the last to come through on final score,
or is it just one of those wierd anomalies?

3) A tour around the ricoh and its facilities would be interesting. A focus on a staff member a little further away from the spotlight maybe, or maybe they could show us around.

4) It would be great to have a legend from our past and seeing what they make of the new facilities compared to in their day (JH seems an obvious choice)

5) An interview with Aron or Ben Turner would be good.

Spence CCFC

- What do you want to see on the Late Kick Off Show? Just the goals from the weekend and perhaps interviews and some interesting insights of some players. Perhaps do some behind the seen features.
- Any stories from CCFC you want to be investigated? The training ground would be quite interesting. We've been told it's been upgrated a fair bit so would be nice to have a look around.
- Which players would you like to know more about? Like to have some interviews with James McPake and Marlon of course.
- Would you like to see how somebody behind the scenes does their job? Groundsman, kitman, physio? Would be good to do a feature on the groundsman as he has an amazing record for getting games on.
- Are there any people in CCFC's past you would like to get a bit of a mention? Jimmy Hill, Peter Ndlovu, Cobi Jones? Wouldn't mind Robbie Keane giving us a little mention ha. But seriously it would be nice to do a feature on Jimmy Hill.

dilligaf

• 1What do you want to see on the Late Kick Off Show?
  • ( A balanced coverage of all midlands teams, but that won't happen)
  • 2Any stories from CCFC you want to be investigated?
  • ( I'd like an indepth investigation into club finances and sponsorships.) not just city
  • 3Which players would you like to know more about?
  • ( players from club academy)maybe some coverage of youth games?
  • 4Would you like to see how somebody behind the scenes does their job? Groundsman, kitman, physio?
  • (Goundsman yes , tea lady no)
  • 5Are there any people in CCFC's past you would like to get a bit of a mention? Jimmy Hill, Peter Ndlovu, Cobi Jones?
  • (Jimmy Hill, great city goalkeepers, Noel Cantwell (skippy)Singers fc,houchen's flying header, Ian wallaces overhead kicks. too many to mention)

Coventry La La La

• What do you want to see on the Late Kick Off Show?
An Interview with a current squad player. I would also like to see some stuff on the Jimmy Hill era and perhaps an interview with the legend himself.
  • Any stories from CCFC you want to be investigated?
How much Ranson looses per season keeping are club running (doesn't own the stadium) and not enougth fans comming to games.
  • Which players would you like to know more about?
Eastwood, Turner, Lee Carsley, Clive Platt and McSheffrey the Cov fan and player
  • Would you like to see how somebody behind the scenes does their job? Groundsman, kitman, physio?
Physio (Im pritty sure we have a physio that does alot of charity work by doing various stunts)
  • Are there any people in CCFC's past you would like to get a bit of a mention? Jimmy Hill, Peter Ndlovu, Cobi Jones?
A big mention on Jimmy Hill :) (as mentioned above.)

Last edited:

6 Generations

I would like Clem to go on holiday, when we are featured, and not turn up with his crew every time we are in or near a play-off place- last year and this year our luck has changed for the worse following his visits!!!!
I am struggling to watch football coverage on BBC, in recent years, because it seems to me that the only requirement for employment is that you must have played for Leicester sometime in your career. I would ask these smarmy presenters, why there. is an anti-Coventry City slant running throughout the BBC. The last time they covered us live was against Derby away (last season). We had no representation, in the studio. Gary Speed was the studio guest, employed for his insight and informed opinion of all things Sky Blue!!!Until such time as the BBC employ impartial presenters on MOTD and the Football League show instead of such an outrageous Leicester bias, as far as i am concerned. Lineker, Claridge, Savage, Manish even, Les Ferdinand now, FFS, will continue to get one less viewer.:(:(:(:(:(

Nick

Administrator
I think this is aired on Monday.

I really hope there are some CCFC guests and not Robbie Savage or some other wannabe pundits!

Jay88

Would be nice to hear about:

-- Ways Ranson has in mind to improve our attendances
-- Amount of transfer money available in January and the summer windows
-- What's been the delay with renewing Westwood and Gunnarson's contracts (as Westwood wanted to sign one 2 years ago and a year ago)

Coventry La La La

Would be nice to hear about:

-- Ways Ranson has in mind to improve our attendances
-- Amount of transfer money available in January and the summer windows
-- What's been the delay with renewing Westwood and Gunnarson's contracts (as Westwood wanted to sign one 2 years ago and a year ago)

The show has already been aired Jay

you can watch it on BBC iplayer http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00xlsp8/Late_Kick_Off_Midlands_2011_Episode_1/

Westwood doesn't want to sign as he knows he will get offered higher wages at a premierleague club.

If Ranson says how much we have to spend then teams will be able to push us to give them more money for transfer targets.

Ray Ranson isn't at fault for our attendances... he has already hired in a team of experts to increase ticket sales and he can't afford to do cheap match day tickets he saved our club and looses 4m+ a year since we don't own are stadium atleast hes not going to run the club into big debts and is trying to run the club like a business (The Arsenal method) and bulding a strong youth foundation instead of running the club into administration.

Last edited:

Jay88

n i agreee .... ranson has done a brilliant job for us ... n obv not ownin the stadium has a big impact on us

team looks like its improvin on the last few years ... getting key players back now (clingan, turner, king from suspension) so hopefully lookin good for the rest of the season .... as long as we dnt finish the season as bad as the last few years ill b happy

BenInTurin

Facebook User
With the stadium, I think ray is waiting to hear about the station, once that is confirmed (I hope to god it is!) I think SISU will be more prepare to invest in the stadium. As for the rest of the season, I'm with jay, as long as we don't crumble like we have done the last few season, I'll be happy as well.

blueflint

we could go back to days of jimmy hill with the likes of ronnie rees george curtis and goalie arthur lightning

Pigeon

The Late Show barely has any coverage on Coventry. Last night the only things said was that we were done over by QPR... Its hardly fair coverage on all midland teams.

Jay88

The Late Show barely has any coverage on Coventry. Last night the only things said was that we were done over by QPR... Its hardly fair coverage on all midland teams.

you're right there! all they said was how good a player taraabt is!

Users who are viewing this thread