BBC LATE KICK OFF NEEDS YOU (again!.....) (2 Viewers)

Covstu

see folks, someone has a great opportunity to sell our club in a positive light or show how much wthe club has not been listening to the fans over the years!! Plus you may get the chance to publicly slate that eejit Savage!! :pimp::pimp:

Coventry La La La

How about SkyBlueTone the guy who does the Coventry city diary's on youtube? not sure if hes going to the Derby game but could be worth sending him a message via youtube :confused:

his channel is: YouTube - TONYCOV881

Last edited:

rob9872

How about richtomlinson so he could get some airtime to promote his ccfctv project

AngryAnt

For me fan of the year Monksie has to be the best man for this ~ Kev Monks. Nice bloke - Coventry fanatic - not just football but everything about the City ~ and is also a freelance so knows how to talk.

Pretty much second this, you won't find anyone more dedicated to city than Kev.

Laura @ The BBC

Hey guys

just to let you know I found my man! and fan! Paul Howes from Warwickshire and his son are the feature of our Derby v Coventry match report tonight. He's done a great job, gave it his all with the reaction and even managed to slip in a few Savage insults! (can't promise we'll use them though! ;)

tune in tonight at 11.05pm BBC. Coventry is our top report on the programme.

thank you to everyone who came up with suggestions. and anything else you'd like to see on our programme before the end of the season let me know. Can't promise anything but will certainly try.

All the best

Laura x

Coventry La La La

Thank you to everyone who came up with suggestions. and anything else you'd like to see on our programme before the end of the season let me know. Can't promise anything but will certainly try.

The sacking of Robbie Savage, Menesh & Claridge From the BBC. :)

You're viewing figures will instantly rise as Cov fan's might bother tuning in once them clowns are gone.

Last edited:

Jimthor

I don't watch for the one reason that i cannot stand Savage. Gonna watch tonight for the sole reason that i wanna check out the Cov feature, but up until now i'm yet to watch a single edition.

rob9872

Here we go then - anyone got the clock running on our 'moment of glory?' :D

rob9872

"Talk's cheap, tell us what's happening" :D

rob9872

4 miutes and then Savage as long talking about his favourite subject - himself.

kg82

Darren Moore - not exactly the brightest spark is he!!! Fair enough to Savage as well, said he was impressed with us and was trying to talk about our players when he got cut off!

rob9872

Oh and that bright spark Darren Moore who always has lots of interesting points to make ... "erm yeah a point each and its honours even for both of them" ffs what's the reason for having him on? He might be a nice guy and win awards for it, but he really isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. There must be someone out there who can offer something insightful.

rob9872

lol ditto kg :)

rob9872

You can get all the BBC regional channels through a Sky Box if you can get one (don't need to subscribe, just have a dish and box) . Also I think you can get them on iplayer (on-line) too but probably not until the day after.

rob9872

** not that you've missed much! :(

Jimthor

Just watched this on good ol' Sky+. The feature was good while it lasted, nice to see some Cov fans getting some screentime, but it didn't take long to get the focus back on Savage, did it?! I would've much prefered to have seen stuff such as the shot we had cleared off the line than a montage of Robbie Savage penalties.

S

Spaffer

I especially liked the moment duuuuurrren Moore forgot who he played for. Classic case of BBC box ticking.

CovKingChris

Facebook User
Savage is the biggest bullshitter going.
When I got back from the Derby game I went on his Twitter to give him some scheduled abuse ;) And his Twitter updates were "deserved point" and stuff along the lines of how they were on top for the whole of the second half. Then on late kick off he goes on to say how they were getting dominated and how they were lucky to get a point. What a keyboard warrior. Biggest going.

kg82

Oh and that bright spark Darren Moore who always has lots of interesting points to make ... "erm yeah a point each and its honours even for both of them" ffs what's the reason for having him on? He might be a nice guy and win awards for it, but he really isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. There must be someone out there who can offer something insightful.

I'm sure he said "I think it's honours even" or "I think it's a point each" - it was like John Cofee on tranquilizers!

Coventry La La La

Still deciding wether I should watch this on catchup later.... Was the section of the programme on CCFC any good? I'll probly just skip to the Cov part watch that then close it as soon as Robbie Savage re-appear's

Laura @ The BBC

I thought I'd give it 24 hrs hours to come back on to the forum and I give up guys! :( not one positive comment amongst you.

No-one, not one person has said how fantastic Paul our fan was - he went out of his way for us, did a fantastic job in trying to help us project coventry in a positive light and all you want to do is go on about savage (it's getting a bit tedious now) tell me- who from coventry gets the same reaction as savage????

I'm tearing my hair out - I don't know what I could possibly do to make coventry fans happy because time and time again it's a defeatest attitude.

we asked for 1 of 5 members of the team to come and sit on the sofa with robbie but obviously they were travelling away to portsmouth. so that's why we had the very respectable, outstanding community player Mooro in the studio.

hard work every single time guys.....:( just feel so disappointed.

Nick

Administrator
I don't think it is your features that are the problem as you seem to get them done well and informative.

I think it could be the guests on the show. Whenever I have seen it has been Savage, Moore or a Forest player (Earnshaw or Lee Camp) and that is enough to put me off watching again.

ANY Fan I know doesn't like Savage and it isn't just Coventry fans.

fellatio_Martinez

I thought I'd give it 24 hrs hours to come back on to the forum and I give up guys! :( not one positive comment amongst you.

No-one, not one person has said how fantastic Paul our fan was - he went out of his way for us, did a fantastic job in trying to help us project coventry in a positive light and all you want to do is go on about savage (it's getting a bit tedious now) tell me- who from coventry gets the same reaction as savage????

I'm tearing my hair out - I don't know what I could possibly do to make coventry fans happy because time and time again it's a defeatest attitude.

we asked for 1 of 5 members of the team to come and sit on the sofa with robbie but obviously they were travelling away to portsmouth. so that's why we had the very respectable, outstanding community player Mooro in the studio.

On behalf of the Coventry fans I apologise, to make up for your grief you can take me out for a drink. I think that is a huge gesture.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Sorry Laura, I agree with Nick. It's not just the Robbie Savage Show. There are LOADS of players in the Midlands that are available (either through injury, suspension or whatever) that could give a really good unbiased chat. I used to work for the Beeb, so I know what I'm talking about.

Nick

Administrator
Sorry Laura, I agree with Nick. It's not just the Robbie Savage Show. There are LOADS of players in the Midlands that are available (either through injury, suspension or whatever) that could give a really good unbiased chat. I used to work for the Beeb, so I know what I'm talking about.

Exactly, what about lower league players as well? I hate how it always ends up about Savage etc! Moore was on about 3 weeks ago, only so many times before it gets cringeworthy!

You ask who gets the same reaction from Coventry but why do you want that reaction that so many think ruins a show? Not just Coventry fans!

The features are always great, even if it is not about Coventry i like seeing behind the scenes at other clubs, just fast forward through the studio parts!

Have any Coventry players been on this season?

Jimthor

Not toatally true - i did say that i enjoyed the feature and liked Cov fans getting some screentime. My criticism, as with many here, was mainly to do with how quickly we were back on Savage. I just can't stand listening to the man talk.

Thanks for doing the feature, and i agree, Paul was brill.
And also, remember that the people of this forum only make up a minority of City supporters - i'm sure there were plenty of others out there that liked it. The feature itself, while it lasted, was really good.

Laura @ The BBC

I do know what effect Robbie Savage can have on people guys. I know he's a great self publicist - but for us, like we're talking about him now - he gets peoples reactions! One of our regular pundits has been Dean Kiely and he's been absolutely brilliant with so many valuable points to make. He's been one of the best! I think out of our 13 programmes Robbie's only done half.

I've got a broken elbow at the moment, and what did Robbie do....he belts me on it twice! yes, it brought tears to my eyes and yes he sincerely apologised (and yes I'm typing one handed at the mo!) but that's just him.

In reality, off the pitch he's a good family man, he cares for his dad who's got alzheimers and is tcurrently rying to carve out a media career for himself.

I sound like a huge robbie fan don't I (I'm a stoke city fan and yes it's taken a while)....I just know underneath it all he's a genuine person. that's it.

Users who are viewing this thread