BBC Highlights No Longer Online (1 Viewer)

If anyone is like me and over the past few seasons hasn't watched the Football League show on Saturday nights, but instead chooses to watch the clips on the BBC website Monday morning to ease into the working week, then you'll be disappointed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18153109

It says the Football League show will still be available on iPlayer, but the individual highlights that used to be online were normally slightly extended (a whole 90 seconds instead of a meagre 20).

I think it's a poor decision. My question then is whether it's worth getting Sky Blue Player and if the highlights that this provides are for away games too or just the home games (which i will have attended anyway) ?

bradwellskyblues

sky blue player has 10 mins of highlights on from 5oclock on a sunday,good to watch if we have won,so for small outlay i think its worth it

BenInTurin

Facebook User
I have sky Blue Player as I live in Italy and the video content is really good. There was almost always at least 10 minutes of highlights for every match last season, although with us moving down to league 1 next year who knows if that will continue. My only criticism is the video quality isn't great and that's after they increased the price last year and said there would be hd highlights! Lying bastards! You also get the weekly press conference, after match interviews as well as interviews during the week from the training ground. Of course, you get live commentary so you can always listen online if you're not within transmission distance of bbc cw.

WillieStanley

I'm an ST Holder (crucify me) and also pay the sub for SB Player. It's well worth it. I agree with BIT in that the video quality could be better, but the content is generally great. The only downside is that it is formatted in Flash so if you have WP7 or any Apple devices, it won't work. I'd use it a lot more if I had access via my phone.

Users who are viewing this thread