BBC feature (1 Viewer)

Mary_Mungo_Midge

agreed, it's a sorry sad state of affairs.
We all have differing opinions on apportioning of blame etc, but we all essentially want the same thing.
It is depressing.

Yup. It's hard not to read that and feel sad and proud in equal measure.

One thing is for sure, that being we often do ourselves down as City fans; but the reality is, when written like that in black and white, the football community must look at our plight and be respectful of the way the club's supporters have behaved.

Let's leave the politics out of this thread, eh, and just hope we can soon return back to better times.

Whenever they were.... :)

RoboCCFC90

This article just highlights the potential of our Football Club, I am no way suggesting that the club could take 7000 to every away game, but a successful City could easily achieve larger home and away gates.

Returning to the Ricoh Arena is vital for this Football Club that is obvious, but tomorrow 7000 of the loyal Sky Blue Army will stand as one and hopefully 7000+ can then one day watch their beloved club back home in Coventry.

bezzer

Yup. It's hard not to read that and feel sad and proud in equal measure.

One thing is for sure, that being we often do ourselves down as City fans; but the reality is, when written like that in black and white, the football community must look at our plight and be respectful of the way the club's supporters have behaved.

Let's leave the politics out of this thread, eh, and just hope we can soon return back to better times.

Whenever they were.... :)

Great post MMM.

bigfatronssba

Is it true that we hold the record for most fans at a Charity Shield game?

Joy Division

Is it true that we hold the record for most fans at a Charity Shield game?

No idea about that but the 11,000 at Old Trafford is the highest official recorded away attendance of any English domestic competition.

bigfatronssba

Is it? Even though we took 15k to Sheffield some 20 years previously? i.e. is that not officially recorded?

I suppose it depends on when segregation come in?

hutch1972

No idea about that but the 11,000 at Old Trafford is the highest official recorded away attendance of any English domestic competition.
It was the highest L/C att outside of a wembley final ( at the time ) i am sure the capacity had increased for the semis v Derby and Man city in the following 2 years.

SkyblueBazza

I seem to remember them saying that the Chairty Shield attendance was (at least at the time) the largest official following for ANY English club in any competition. We apparently sold something daft like 50k tickets in an 88k gate.

theferret

I seem to remember them saying that the Chairty Shield attendance was (at least at the time) the largest official following for ANY English club in any competition. We apparently sold something daft like 50k tickets in an 88k gate.

It was over 55,000 and it remains the record (officially) although Liverpool must have had more than that at 88 cup final given that they were all over the wimbledon end.

Users who are viewing this thread