BBC CWR Now Available on Freeview (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
After re-tuning my Set Top Box today I noticed that BBC CWR is now available on Channel 719.

This may be be of interest of fans like myself who tune in to listen to the away games commentary and post match analysis and now they can listen via the Television.
would this class as through the internet so would go off?

chiefdave

Would depend on the rights. Do the BBC just have commentary rights per region (so Coventry games can only be broadcast locally) or do they have nationwide rights?

If its nationwide it should be available on freeview. Be worth a try anyway, as its new there's always a chance they'll forget to turn it off even if they're supposed to!

RegTheDonk

Thanks for that Hitman, very useful, I can indeed hear this as I'm pointed to the Sutton Coldfield transmitter. Living the yam side of Birmingham I've had to use Sky Blues Player to listen to games I can't get to, as FM and DAB are out of range. Fingers crossed they dont put on Nick Owen telling me to re-tune when a match comes on.

Chief, I would imagine it's a local service as they seem to have other stations on channel 719.

https://ukfree.tv/channels/radioontv

Last edited:

Astute

:p Great news. All I need to do now is take a set top box, satellite dish and a spare TV wherever I go. And then find somewhere to plug it into. It will save me about £4 a month :p

torchomatic

:p Great news. All I need to do now is take a set top box, satellite dish and a spare TV wherever I go. And then find somewhere to plug it into. It will save me about £4 a month :p

You can always use my tele. My wife is always moaning when we go to the footy so you could keep her company.

Astute

You can always use my tele. My wife is always moaning when we go to the footy so you could keep her company.
Sorry Torch. Already have one of them. Why would I want to double my trouble?

asiaskyblues

It's been there for a long time. I live in london so don't get home so often but my parents, who live in Warwick, have had it for a few years. Maybe it's new to he area. AND this is not technology, putting radio on TV. It's been happening for decades.

RegTheDonk

Player had some probs last season with a couple of games, and the actions a bit behind the radio...so if I'm at home it'll be nice to have a (hopefully) reliable way to get CWR. I'll still pay for Player mate - will use it when out and about even though I have to rely on getting a decent mobile signal - and that £4 is money well spent for more than the 30 seconds of highlights we get on Channel 5.

sky_blue_up_north

It just tunes the the local BBC Radio, I get BBC Manchester....

dutchman

It's been there for a long time. I live in london so don't get home so often but my parents, who live in Warwick, have had it for a few years. Maybe it's new to he area. AND this is not technology, putting radio on TV. It's been happening for decades.

BBC Coventry & Warwickshire was added to Freeview for the first time on 14th June this year, along with a slew of other local radio stations around the country. You may be thinking of BBC Radio West Midlands which has been available for much longer?

Hitman72

Nick in answer to your question, no it is not classed as through the Internet and I am listening to the commentary of the Swindon game as I type this. I have also heard Stuart Linnell mention a couple of times that CWR is now on Freeview.

Nick

Administrator
Nick in answer to your question, no it is not classed as through the Internet and I am listening to the commentary of the Swindon game as I type this. I have also heard Stuart Linnell mention a couple of times that CWR is now on Freeview.
Top man! Working on my BT box channel 719!

Users who are viewing this thread