Bayliss contract extension (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

I bet the guy who turned up for the Accrington game and shouted that he’s a useless piece of shit after 5 minutes will be gutted today.

GaryJones

Bayliss commitment is the best news I've heard all day!
Good things are coming out of City right now - lets just get it right on the pitch and we are good to go!

PVA

No way he actually sees out the 4 years (unless we miraculously end up in the PL), but good news nonetheless.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I am no fan of the owners but sometimes they can’t win they let contracts run down and players leave we are unhappy and they extend them and it’s all about future value.

This boy is good and I enjoy watching him if he stays a bit longer great

I hate SISU as much as the next man but how on earth can the Facebook brigade find a negative to this?! We’ve signed one of our best talents on a four year deal! I’m aware that if he keeps up his rapid improvement, he won’t be here in 4 years time (or maybe even 2 years!) but the club have invested in keeping one of our best players with the club. I was scathing of the club after the sale of McNulty but in all fairness they do seem to have reinvested the majority of the McNulty money...

I would rather have Bayliss tied down and get some potential fee for the manager to reinvest in the future than let a good player go for nothing - like what happened with John Fleck.

Calista

Tremendous news, he's a real talent and I hope we get to watch him for a good while yet. It feels like slowly but surely the club are beginning to do the right things, after years of constant mistakes taking us downwards. Long may the progress continue, along with the apparent policy of silence from the owners, which is very welcome IMO.

ccfc_Tom

Great news. Doubt he’ll be here much longer but who knows, if go up then we could keep for another couple of years!

Mucca Mad Boys

This, the friendly and Thomas loan deal... All points to a deal being agreed with Derby...

On a serious note, this is wonderful news!

larry_david

Triffic news. The slow start to the season for the team, and Tom, has detracted from the fact he was the injection of forward creativity and momentum last season. Hopefully now with contract negotiations sorted, he and we can knuckle down and get into that top 10 at least and see what happens from there

Rasputin

Fantastic news for us. It won’t mean he stays with us but does mean we will get a fair price when the wolves are at the door.

Hobo

Good news. He can now concentrate on his football and continue his development with us.

Captain Dart

No way he actually sees out the 4 years (unless we miraculously end up in the PL), but good news nonetheless.
Willing to put a tenner on he won't unless by some miracle we get promoted to the Prem in 3yrs.

CCFC88

Excellent news and a win-win for all involved
Fail to get promotion this year - Sell for 4-5m in the summer
Get promoted and he'll stay another season, sell the following summer for 20-25m

Nick

Administrator
It is baffling that people are genuinely annoyed he signed a new contract because it means he is getting sold. If he's going to go, he's going to go. We could let him run down his contract and go for minimal compensation with his head turned or we could give him a better long term deal.

Users who are viewing this thread