Basrah Iraq temperatures (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

When I was in Iraq in 2005, the heat was regularly 48-50 degrees...

Yesterday, temperatures at basrah airport hit 52.8 degrees... And today its 51.

At what point do they believe humans can't survive?

IMG_20200731_150115.png

clint van damme

When I was in Iraq in 2005, the heat was regularly 48-50 degrees...

Yesterday, temperatures at basrah airport hit 52.8 degrees... And today its 51.

At what point do they believe humans can't survive?

View attachment 16234

That can't be far off. That's definitely going to cause fatalities.
Those Iraqis don't have much luck.

pastythegreat

Ill always remeber my last day in Shaibah before we flew back to Basra. Sat on an airfield in full kit, i was chalk 64 of 65 for the chopper. Must of sat in the sun for 7 hours. High 40s °C. Absolutely horrible. Then just as I was about to get on the chopper, the camp was attacked with fucking RPGs! Cunts! Horrible day.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Evo1883

Ill always remeber my last day in Shaibah before we flew back to Basra. Sat on an airfield in full kit, i was chalk 64 of 65 for the chopper. Must of sat in the sun for 7 hours. High 40s °C. Absolutely horrible. Then just as I was about to get on the chopper, the camp was attacked with fucking RPGs! Cunts! Horrible day.

Spent alot of time in Al amarah, spent most my time under desks because of mortar attacks... Hated the place... Iraq was not anywhere near as dangerous as afghan though, awful place

Il never forget the heat in Iraq though, arrived in February it was 28 in the day minus 10 at night then by May June it was consistently late 40s and never got below 30 at night... It's unbelievable

Iraqi locals wrapped up warm when it's anything under 30 lol

NorthernWisdom

I preferred my holiday in Cromer

pastythegreat

Spent alot of time in Al amarah, spent most my time under desks because of mortar attacks... Hated the place... Iraq was not anywhere near as dangerous as afghan though, awful place

Il never forget the heat in Iraq though, arrived in February it was 28 in the day minus 10 at night then by May June it was consistently late 40s and never got below 30 at night... It's unbelievable

Iraqi locals wrapped up warm when it's anything under 30 lol
5 or 6 times a day we were being attacked by mortars or RPG. Non bloody stop. Outside of the attacks on camp though, you're right, it was pretty basic compared to Afghan. Shaibah was alright, american NAAFI, including Pizza Hut, Subway and the biggest shop you ever seen on an army base. More flavours of gatorade then ive even seen in my life god send really because the food they served up in our canteen was absolutely fucking dreadful. Thanks to the yanks I never starved thats for sure. If anything, I put weight on. I actually failed my first bft when I got back to Cyprus

Evo1883

5 or 6 times a day we were being attacked by mortars or RPG. Non bloody stop. Outside of the attacks on camp though, you're right, it was pretty basic compared to Afghan. Shaibah was alright, american NAAFI, including Pizza Hut, Subway and the biggest shop you ever seen on an army base. More flavours of gatorade then ive even seen in my life god send really because the food they served up in our canteen was absolutely fucking dreadful. Thanks to the yanks I never starved thats for sure. If anything, I put weight on. I actually failed my first bft when I got back to Cyprus

Did you ever get to go to the US military base in Kuwait, think it was called DOHA? Insane place, they do it in style fair play

Had a few subways at shaibah too :ROFLMAO:

Also, did a UN tour of Cyprus in 2003, I will say I love the country, well did back then anyway... Another very very hot place... Did my ocean diving course at akrotiri

pastythegreat

Did you ever get to go to the US military base in Kuwait, think it was called DOHA? Insane place, they do it in style fair play
No never went, I know a few lads that did. They really are something else aint they? Shit soldiers, but great logistics and great for moral!

Always remeber one day, a yank officer approached us, as we had the minimi (L108A if any boffs wanna look it up) and they'd never used them, wanted a range day with them. Offered to supply all the ammo and clean the weapons afterwards and in return, our lads could use their Glocks and 50cal. Had a great laugh with their lads, got a good bit of competition going on.

clint van damme

Same as the other end of the scale some of these people who live in extreme cold- I credible how they do it.

LastGarrison

I’ve read a lot of books, mainly autobiographies, on our recent military history is Iraq and Afghan and have a few friends who served out there and without being one of these Facebook ‘Thank you for your service’ every time someone posts anything about being in the military I would like to say fair fucking play to the both of you!!!!!

I actually hear that Afghanistan is a stunningly beautiful country and would like to visit one day.

Evo1883

I’ve read a lot of books, mainly autobiographies, on our recent military history is Iraq and Afghan and have a few friends who served out there and without being one of these Facebook ‘Thank you for your service’ every time someone posts anything about being in the military I would like to say fair fucking play to the both of you!!!!!

I actually hear that Afghanistan is a stunningly beautiful country and would like to visit one day.

Afghan is beautiful in parts, but even more beautiful is Kuwait... Go to Kuwait if you don't mind not drinking alcohol

Evo1883

Years ago this used to be a sushi resteraunt, the hotel I stayed at for 2 days overlooked this ship but now apparantly its a hotel... Kuwait city is also very modern 16256-116541-f63881276_3xl.jpg

LastGarrison

Have to say I have been Kuwait a couple of times and I’m not its biggest fan. In fact it is hands down the worst country I have ever visited. Just found no redeeming features at all.

In terms of the Middle East I preferred Saudi a lot more. Oman is great and Beirut is one of the best places I’ve ever been.

Users who are viewing this thread