Barton signs (1 Viewer)

glamour76

http://m.lep.co.uk/sport/football/national-football/barton-signs-for-coventry-1-4807915

CTID

Im not holding my breath until its on the offal. According to their forum Posh are trying to hijack:posh are reportedly interested in signing midfielders Adam Barton and Ryan Hall.Barton is a midfielder at Posh boss Darren Ferguson’s old club Preston North End, while Hall is a winger with League Two side Southend.Posh would not comment on the speculation, but Barton (21) is a highly-rated playmaker who was a transfer target for LIverpool until breaking his leg towards the end of last season.The Irishman is fit now, but not in the first-team plans of Preston boss Graham Westley. The Coventry Telegraph reported over the weekend that Barton was on the verge of moving to the Ricoh Arena for a nominal fee, but Posh are understood to be trying to hi-jack the move.

ericagradus

We have known about Peterborough trying to hijack this deal for a few days now.

Covmad have this also as a done deal and are taking a quote from Lancashire post confirming Adam signed this morning.

I hope so, we are short in midfield, but league one is a physical division and talk off Barton being slight, makes me hope the likes of Jennings also sign

PVA

Have people actually read that link? There is a quote from the PNE chairman saying Barton has definitely joined Coventry.

Up North Sky Blue

Whilst signing Jennings is more than likely a good thing, I get the feeling that a lot of pressure is being put on him to be a star. Is anybody actually certain that he's any good?

I don't think a few over-hyped posts on a message board will put any extra pressure on his shoulders, most people will judge him when the time is right.

Nonleagueherewecome

Welcome aboard, El Barto!

Nonleagueherewecome

Given those scruffy jeans he wore for his signing pic, I can see how he didn't fit in with Mr Discipline Westley.

Nonleagueherewecome

He won't be strong according to PNE fans, but I hope he'll be a good passer who can to some extent replace Norwood.

Sutty

That picture of Thorn is just... wrong. If you're reading this Andy, don't tuck your shirt in and don't wear shorts.

Covstar

Good to see him signed and actually paid cash to sign him too. Seems to be a good investment from Sisu. Taking a gamble with his injury record but he's only 21 and has years ahead of him. Happy with this signing.

He won't be strong according to PNE fans, but I hope he'll be a good passer who can to some extent replace Norwood.

I am concerned about him not being physical enough. I expect he won't be putting himself about too much after what happened in Feb either :-s

The signing was worth it to see Thorn in that kit though :D

kg82

It's been a while since we've signed someone so I've forgotten how many that is now! 8, maybe? Jennings next maybe? If he was at the game on Saturday I'd be surprised if he doesn't sign now.

Lord_Nampil

A few yrs ago I watched him play against Burnley on TV and he was the best player on the pitch and scored as well!! He will be a great addition and the play maker we have missed. 2 more players and we will have a very exciting season!!!

Users who are viewing this thread