Barton out of Daggers tie (1 Viewer)

Diehard Si

Barton will miss our cup game vrs Dagenham after being called up for Rep Ire U21's.

That's Fleck, Thomas and Barton out now. 3 of our 1st choice midfield.

CJparker

Shame, was looking forward to getting a first glimpse of him.

Astute

I am unsure which way to look at this.

I would like a cup run. More money to the club. A good run could mean no players sold in the new year. The feelgood factor that comes with a good cup run. Getting a big club at home (Chelsea) A boost of confidence to our players.

Not a bad thing to play reserves or go out early though. Our main objective needs to be Div3. We could do without playing more games than our opponents. We could do without risking injuries. Would the extra money from a decent cup run make any difference to our squad?

I would love to see the Ricoh full. I would love to see us win 2-0 at Manure. I would prefer to have a good season in Div3 though. When was the last time a Div3 team did any good in a cup?

Ryan Parfrey

Atleast Barton will be gaining extra fitness and sharpness through this. I think Thorn will play a few youngers aswell in the cup and start the likes of Elliot/Jeffers upfront and play Daniels in the holding role like he did at Port Vale to experiment maybe? Our main priority is promotion but i'd love a cup run (with no injuries)

johnwillomagic

I would think he will not play that many youngsters tbh......due to number of new players in he will probably want as many of the new players as possible involved the more games they play better chance they gel for start of season. I think team will probably be.

Dunn GK
Clarke RB
Wood CB
Malaga CB
Hussey/Kilbane LB - Hussey if Fit
Jennings DCM
Baker RM
McSheffrey LM
O'Donovan ACM
Ball ST
McDonald ST

Subs: Burge, Edge, Jeffers, Daniels, Ruffles

ccfc92

I am unsure which way to look at this.

I would like a cup run. More money to the club. A good run could mean no players sold in the new year. The feelgood factor that comes with a good cup run. Getting a big club at home (Chelsea) A boost of confidence to our players.

Not a bad thing to play reserves or go out early though. Our main objective needs to be Div3. We could do without playing more games than our opponents. We could do without risking injuries. Would the extra money from a decent cup run make any difference to our squad?

I would love to see the Ricoh full. I would love to see us win 2-0 at Manure. I would prefer to have a good season in Div3 though. When was the last time a Div3 team did any good in a cup?

Good post, and with regards to extra money from a cup run, forget it, that will go towards keeping the club afloat, according to Tim Fisher :whistle:

But I just hope for promotion next season, and as a bonus, JPT final win at wembley :D

Users who are viewing this thread