Barry Powell Trivia Quiz (1 Viewer)

richnrg

What was Barry Powell's (CCFC 1976-79) nickname?

skybluesam66

Bazza? Bowelsy?

Not sure on that one, but I do have another question
"when Barry powell presented the prizes in the penalty shoot out at the Massey Ferguson open day - Who won the competition?"

Gibbo

Apropos of nothing at all I played football at the under 16 level against Barry Powell. His mates always said that when everybody else was off home, him and a guy called Geoff Brady would carry on kicking a ball under the lamppost light until they were dragged in by their parents. Everybody knew he was destined to go far.

rob9872

Q2

What was Cozy's real name?
Clue: played for City 76-79

oakey

Stein was my favourite player along with Oakey and later Ferguson.

Cozy Powell was very famous in the 70s

Monners

As an aside, I am pretty sure that I saw Cozy Powell drum fro Dio at De Montfort Hall. Could be nonsense though.

Grendel

As an aside, I am pretty sure that I saw Cozy Powell drum fro Dio at De Montfort Hall. Could be nonsense though.

Rainbow

Monners

May have been thinking of his time with Black Sabbath - who I didn’t see. Maybe I saw him when he was with Gary Moore?

it was Vinnie Apiche with Dio (I think)

Grendel

He was in rainbow in late 70’s when Dio fronted but Powell did drum for Sabbath in the late 80’s

Monners

He and Dio didn't get on. It was handy timing for him to fall off his horse when Dio rejoined Sabbath in the early '90s.
Apparently Vivian Campbell left Dio as little Ronnie kept toning down his guitar on the mixing process. Great guitarist. I met him and Ronnie, and Jimmy Bain after a gig. Nice fella. Ronnie was indeed quite diddy.

NorthernWisdom

Apparently Vivian Campbell left Dio as little Ronnie kept toning down his guitar on the mixing process. Great guitarist. I met him and Ronnie, and Jimmy Bain after a gig. Nice fella. Ronnie was indeed quite diddy.
They all turned up again to do a tribute to Dio after he died. Not sure about the singer, but good to see Campbell actually doing heavy stuff rather than his Def Leppard thing.

Grendel

I have the Rainbow Rising album. Hence the mix up I think even we can both agree that it’s a cracking album

Yes we can agree on that

Grendel

He and Dio didn't get on. It was handy timing for him to fall off his horse when Dio rejoined Sabbath in the early '90s.

Dio didn’t get on with a lot of people. In the very non political correct era in 1980 Ozzy performed at Coventry at had a mutant dwarf come on to provide him a drink “look everyone here’s Ronnie”

TTG

Barry powell.

Users who are viewing this thread