Match Thread Barnsley v Peterborough (1 Viewer)

Martin180

about 10, some Millwall, some for Hungary and some for Barnsley
Italian Puppet GIF by Madman Films

CCFC54321

God this thread sums up some on here . A young lad who’s obviously had his head turned has a mare and suddenly he’s not good enough , same player who was rated better than Thomas last season and is club captain at a young age ?
Would definetly trust Robins judgement on the player
Styles is a useful addition too
I don’t think anyone is saying either is shit. Based on the performances most people watched on that one game the majority are saying that kitchings performance was poor. He’s head probably has been turned but based on that performance you can’t blame people for being unimpressed can you?

Styles looks a player in my opinion but would he be a better option than palmed or o’hare? Not so sure.

Martin180

I don’t think anyone is saying either is shit. Based on the performances most people watched on that one game the majority are saying that kitchings performance was poor. He’s head probably has been turned but based on that performance you can’t blame people for being unimpressed can you?

Styles looks a player in my opinion but would he be a better option than palmed or o’hare? Not so sure.
Didn’t watch the whole game but Styles certainly had a lot more energy than Palmer
And I stand by my comments regarding Kitching 😄

slowpoke

Wonder if Kitching realises he's now going to be shit in the eyes of our fans for months after he signs just because he had one bad game for Barnsley before signing
How many Cov fans do you reckon watched the game tonight, couple of dozen perhaps ?
IF interested can’t see Robins making a decision one way or the other on the strength of one dodgy match.
Bonus could be is to up the Kitching bid half a million take it or leave it, Barnsley a bit desperate for cash.

long way home

I think most understand good players have bad games but certain things about his performance looked very poor. His positional sense, communication was poor, he lost concentration and at one point took his eye off the ball which he had done multiple times the previous week. With Williams bailing him out, he also looked very leggy at times.

Now he could have had his head turned and could be a good signing. Ill give him or anyone who signs the benefit of doubt, but i will also give an opinion and expect others to differ from me. Its a game of opinions nothing more nothing less.

Martin180

I think most understand good players have bad games but certain things about his performance looked very poor. His positional sense, communication was poor, he list concentration and at one point took his eye off the ball which he had done multiple times the previous week. With Williams bailing him out, he also looked very leggy at times.

Now he could have had his head turned and could be a good signing. Ill give him or anyone who signs the benefit of doubt, but i will also give an opinion and expect others to differ from me. Its a game of opinions nothing more nothing less.
Some players react differently , Gus just loves playing football and gave his best whereas a defensive player might back out of a 50/50 or not be as committed physically . I’d rather judge him on last seasons form and the high esteem Barnsley’s fans judge him

Chris1987

How many Cov fans do you reckon watched the game tonight, couple of dozen perhaps ?
IF interested can’t see Robins making a decision one way or the other on the strength of one dodgy match.
Bonus could be is to up the Kitching bid half a million take it or leave it, Barnsley a bit desperate for
This

ccfc1234

Bonus could be is to up the Kitching bid half a million take it or leave it, Barnsley a bit desperate for cash.
Up the bid by 500k to what. If it's 1m to 1.5m fine if it's 2.5m to 3m I would have concerns.
Less concerned by Styles as he is proven at international level.

long way home

Robins knows exactly what he wants and what he sees. If he thinks he has 2 players at the right price that improves the group he will act. If its not right he will go next on the list no matter what is said on here.

Martin180

Just talking about signing these two players excites me , especially when Robins has stated he wants 1-2 more in the door . It’s the 15th August and we nearly have done our business and have,or will have, almost an entire squad we own and a huge amount of young hungry players with huge potential

SlowerThanPlatt

I am not sure why you’re referencing England? I am just saying Styles has far more pedigree than Kitching and has proven his worth in internationals against top class opponents.
I know, I’m saying Kitching is not going to get the chance to play international football unless he digs out an obscure family connection (like Styles)

Chris1987

Just talking about signing these two players excites me , especially when Robins has stated he wants 1-2 more in the door . It’s the 15th August and we nearly have done our business and have,or will have, almost an entire squad we own and a huge amount of young hungry players with huge potential
So different from 12 months ago and so much potential in the squad. Exciting times

slowpoke

Up the bid by 500k to what. If it's 1m to 1.5m fine if it's 2.5m to 3m I would have concerns.
Less concerned by Styles as he is proven at international level.
We don’t know how much, we have apparently had a bid rejected, common for first bids to be turned down doubt it was a surprise probably leaked out the Barnsley end to try and get other interest.
The Styles fee is set so it’s either take it or leave it.

Users who are viewing this thread